What's new

US to handover a Naval ship ‘BNS Somudro Joy’ to Bangladesh

I object the name of the ship !!! Rename the ship to BNS Bangabondhu II

It is perfectly possible that the BD Navy will be the 2nd most powerful after India within 5 years in South Asia.

Although Pakistan spends around 3 times more on defence, most of that goes on the army and air-force leaving only a small percentage for the navy.

BD on the other hand seems to be really using it's scarce funds to focus on the navy due to it's interests in the Bay of Bengal.

At the least the two navies will end up quite evenly matched but we will see.

then first you have to spend your entire defense budget for buy subs :omghaha: kid you know its take 1994 to 2006 for make 3 agousta submarines with 990mn$ and then again its take 5 years to get 4 new frigates PN has 11 frigates 8 submarines 2 mines hunters 5 tankers 12 missile crafts 2 fast attack crafts and dozens small ships and boats . PN has naval air arm which has more fighter jets then whole BD air force 34 mirages 7 p3c orians 26 helicopters with ASW many electronic warfare and VIP and transport jets . in real world PN has more wings then BD navy air force army all together . i really love when BD member show their stupidity on PDF . you need to sale BD for make such navy

let alone PN naval air defence - marines - cost guards - and missile force . that navy is going to be nuclear soon which BD navy can't after 200 years :hitwall: can fire cruse missiles with nuke tips which you can just dream . your navy even never entered under water but PN have subs before BD exist on earth :lol: after 5 years PN have nukes subs many many more things which you will see here .

It is perfectly possible that the BD Navy will be the 2nd most powerful after India within 5 years in South Asia.

Although Pakistan spends around 3 times more on defence, most of that goes on the army and air-force leaving only a small percentage for the navy.

BD on the other hand seems to be really using it's scarce funds to focus on the navy due to it's interests in the Bay of Bengal.

At the least the two navies will end up quite evenly matched but we will see.
Compare their current fleet with your own. Their navy's budget is around 500 million and your total budget is around 1.2 billion dollar. How do you think you will buy all those goodies that they have in 5 years.

then first you have to spend your entire defense budget for buy subs :omghaha: kid you know its take 1994 to 2006 for make 3 agousta submarines with 990mn$ and then again its take 5 years to get 4 new frigates PN has 11 frigates 8 submarines 2 mines hunters 5 tankers 12 missile crafts 2 fast attack crafts and dozens small ships and boats . PN has naval air arm which has more fighter jets then whole BD air force 34 mirages 7 p3c orians 26 helicopters with ASW many electronic warfare and VIP and transport jets . in real world PN has more wings then BD navy air force army all together . i really love when BD member show their stupidity on PDF . you need to sale BD for make such navy

let alone PN naval air defence - marines - cost guards - and missile force . that navy is going to be nuclear soon which BD navy can't after 200 years :hitwall: can fire cruse missiles with nuke tips which you can just dream . your navy even never entered under water but PN have subs before BD exist on earth :lol: after 5 years PN have nukes subs many many more things which you will see here .

Calm down mate.:lol:

BD Navy is rapidly modernising.

It has just inducted the ex US-Navy coast-guard vessel and that will be upgraded till it becomes the equal of the F-22P that Pakistan is currently inducting. Along with this are coming two ex Chinese-Navy frigates that will also be upgraded and they will also be equal to the F-22P that Pakistan Navy has.

Also take into account the four Type-056 corvettes that will come online in the next few years. BD will get a stretched version and it will have weapons systems on a par with any frigate in the PN inventory.

Submarines have already been confirmed and although BD will start with very old Ming-class submarines, this will lead to a natural follow on for more modern vessels.

At least in terms of major combatants, BD and Pakistani Navy will look very equal.

Yes, Pakistan will have the aircraft advantage but I was not speaking about them - although they do add major fire-power to a Navy.

In terms of future defence spending, BD is likely to increase more than Pakistan due to the fact that BD economy is expected to grow a lot faster over the next five years so there will be scope for purchase of more advanced frigates 2-3 years in the future.

Compare their current fleet with your own. Their navy's budget is around 500 million and your total budget is around 1.2 billion dollar. How do you think you will buy all those goodies that they have in 5 years.

BD defence expenditure is a shade over 2 billion dollars a year due to arms imports being a separate part of government spending.

Calm down mate.:lol:

BD Navy is rapidly modernising.

It has just inducted the ex US-Navy coast-guard vessel and that will be upgraded till it becomes the equal of the F-22P that Pakistan is currently inducting. Along with this are coming two ex Chinese-Navy frigates that will also be upgraded and they will also be equal to the F-22P that Pakistan Navy has.

Also take into account the four Type-056 corvettes that will come online in the next few years. BD will get a stretched version and it will have weapons systems on a par with any frigate in the PN inventory.

Submarines have already been confirmed and although BD will start with very old Ming-class submarines, this will lead to a natural follow on for more modern vessels.

At least in terms of major combatants, BD and Pakistani Navy will look very equal.

Yes, Pakistan will have the aircraft advantage but I was not speaking about them - although they do add major fire-power to a Navy.

In terms of future defence spending, BD is likely to increase more than Pakistan due to the fact that BD economy is expected to grow a lot faster over the next five years so there will be scope for purchase of more advanced frigates 2-3 years in the future.

BD defence expenditure is a shade over 2 billion dollars a year due to arms imports being a separate part of government spending.

grow up please for hell sake :rofl: :omghaha:

^^^ I think you need to grow up.:lol:

End of the day when these vessels are fitted with weapons systems, they will be just as powerful as anything Pakistan has and that is all that matters at the end of the day.

^^^ I think you need to grow up.:lol:

End of the day when these vessels are fitted with weapons systems, they will be just as powerful as anything Pakistan has and that is all that matters at the end of the day.

with EX USA ex china EX russia :omghaha: come to gidani ship break yard we have too much EX :omghaha: systems ? kid you know you have to dream for harpoons - Exocet - c-806 - baburs -what systems are you talking abut ?:hitwall:

with EX USA ex china EX russia :omghaha: come to gidani ship break yard we have too much EX :omghaha: systems ? kid you know you have to dream for harpoons - Exocet - c-806 - baburs -what systems are you talking abut ?:hitwall:

And this is another Ex ship (BNS Bangabandhu) , check its capability after heavily modified:
Propulsion: CODAD: 4 SEMT-Pielstick 12V PA6V280 STC diesels; 22,501 hp (16.78 MW) sustained; 2 x shafts
Electronic warfare
& decoys:

ESM:Racal Cutlass 242; intercept
ECM:Racal Scorpion; jammer

Armament:

8 x Otomat Mk. II Block IV AShM (250km)
8 x FM-90N SAM;
1 x Otobreda 76 mm/62 Super Rapid;
4 x Otobreda 40 mm/70 (2 twin) compact CIWS;
6(2 triple) x 324 mm B-515 tubes - Whitehead A244S;
2 x Super Barricade chaff launchers

Aircraft carried: 1 x Hangar, 1 x Agusta-Westland AW109 Power ASW/SAR Helicopter

this is called proper management of fund. Of course it will go over your head because only matter to you is buying new ships, not its capabilities :lol:

You clearly have an agenda in order to belittle BD.

A military strong BD can only be in Pakistan's strategic interest.

Very strange that a Pakistani would ally with Indians to disparage BD.:cuckoo:
I think you should follow it to where it started. Somebody commented within 5 years BD navy will be second biggest navy in this region. That is laughable, considering the size of pak navy.
Give me in numbers (budget etc) how you can be bigger or even match them. It has nothing to do with love or hate of pakistan, it's just my hatred of stupid bravado.

I think you should follow it to where it started. Somebody commented within 5 years BD navy will be second biggest navy in this region. That is laughable, considering the size of pak navy.
Give me in numbers (budget etc) how you can be bigger or even match them. It has nothing to do with love or hate of pakistan, it's just my hatred of stupid bravado.

do not what will be others position by 2020, here is our plan:

8 frigate (excluding 3 frigate reserve)
16 corvette
4 submarines

( major combat ships)

Back
Top Bottom