What's new

US to handover a Naval ship ‘BNS Somudro Joy’ to Bangladesh

do not what will be others position by 2020, here is our plan:

8 frigate (excluding 3 frigate reserve)
16 corvette
4 submarines

( major combat ships)
No fanboy plans, we have seen enough of them in BD/India/Pakistan section. Give me a link to your govt's aquisition plan.

No fanboy plans, we have seen enough of them in BD/India/Pakistan section. Give me a link to your govt's aquisition plan.

it is not fan boy plan, we already discussed on this issue many times , go check yourself ...

As of April,2010 the rapid modernization program of BN involves order of:

2x F-22B guided missile frigate (China),
2x Jianghu-III guided missile frigate (China),
2x 600 ton large patrol craft/missile corvette (China),
1x Hydrographic Survey ship (Indigenous),
1x Fleet Replenishment Oil Tanker (Indigenous),
2x LCU (Indigenous),
1x Salvage ship (Indigenous),
12x Patrol boats (Indigenous),
3x Harbin Z-9C Anti-Submarine helicopter (China),
C-802 ASM missiles for 3 frigate and 4 missile boats (China),
FM-90N SAM for 3 frigates (China) - already fitted on board BNS Bangabandhu.
2x Type 056 corvette (China)

On discussion:

3x guided missile frigates in addition to the couple ordered from (China / South Korea),
New generation of light and heavy Torpedoes (EU + China),
2x Submarine (Turkey / Germany / South Korea / China)

Bangladesh Navy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
@hinduguy check out the pdf file
@hinduguy
http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangladesh-defence/168818-bangladesh-navy-33.html

post #493

Last edited by a moderator:
it is not fan boy plan, we already discussed on this issue many times , go check yourself ...

As of April,2010 the rapid modernization program of BN involves order of:

2x F-22B guided missile frigate (China),
2x Jianghu-III guided missile frigate (China),
2x 600 ton large patrol craft/missile corvette (China),
1x Hydrographic Survey ship (Indigenous),
1x Fleet Replenishment Oil Tanker (Indigenous),
2x LCU (Indigenous),
1x Salvage ship (Indigenous),
12x Patrol boats (Indigenous),
3x Harbin Z-9C Anti-Submarine helicopter (China),
C-802 ASM missiles for 3 frigate and 4 missile boats (China),
FM-90N SAM for 3 frigates (China) - already fitted on board BNS Bangabandhu.
2x Type 056 corvette (China)

On discussion:

3x guided missile frigates in addition to the couple ordered from (China / South Korea),
New generation of light and heavy Torpedoes (EU + China),
2x Submarine (Turkey / Germany / South Korea / China)

Bangladesh Navy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mate, I asked for a proper source (say BD govt), wiki is good if it has references. Here is what wiki says for BD navy section:

This article needs additional citations for verification. Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (January 2013)

Now go to Indian navy wiki. Go to pakistan navy wiki. Do you see that mentioned on top? Do you understand what fanboy bit I was talking about?

The second link you gave is not working. Try it again.

Mate, I asked for a proper source (say BD govt), wiki is good if it has references. Here is what wiki says for BD navy section:

This article needs additional citations for verification. Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (January 2013)

Now go to Indian navy wiki. Go to pakistan navy wiki. Do you see that mentioned on top? Do you understand what fanboy bit I was talking about?

The second link you gave is not working. Try it again.

check out the post again, i edited it

check out the post again, i edited it

ok.. got it now.
Cant find 8 frigate thing. It says two frigates from china.
It says 2 submarines before 2020 (not 4) with possibility of 2 more being constructed after that.

ok.. got it now.
Cant find 8 frigate thing. It says two frigates from china.
It says 2 submarines before 2020 (not 4) with possibility of 2 more being constructed after that.

that is a hint... here is another hint

Bangladesh Navy

2009 Plan for 2020
2-3 F-22B guided missile frigates China
2-4 large patrol craft/missile corvette China
1 Hydrographic Survey ship Indigenous
1 Fleet Replenishment Oil Tanker Indigenous
2 LCU Indigenous
1 Salvage ship Indigenous
12 Patrol boats Indigenous
3 Harbin Z-9C ASW helo China
Under consideration in 2009
3 guided missile frigates
4 guided missile corvettes Turkey – Milgem
3 Submarines TU / DE / RO

but have no sub in hand :P do you really think BD is going to match PN ?

Do you have a comprehensive problem of English. Consult a dictionary when you read the AMI report link sent by @Loki. We will purchase two submarines now and two more better ones in the very near future. So, the total will be four.

Note also, the Type 056 Corvette. Wuchan Shipyard in China began construction on the first two units on 08 January 2013. Additional units (at least two) will be built a Bangladesh's Khulna Shipyard (KSY).

The length of this corvette of PN is 100 meter. But, we have ordered the same type 056 corvette with 110 meter length. Our type 056 will accomodate two heli pads instead of only one of the PN's type 056.

So, do not try to belittle Bangladesh in every post. Read first and then come with logic, if you can.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol, we know the assertion that it will be bigger than pak navy is ridiculous and people are caught lying many times. BD section is full of .. we will buy xyz... all hot air nothing concrete.
you buy goods which you cant produce or wont produce due to many reasons.. nobody is forcing you to buy our goods, we buy chinese goods for similar reason, nobody is feeding chinese.

The funny bit is, your biggest vessel is a gift from USA, not a purchase. Best of luck in beating pak navy. Fake bravado is something you are good at.. :rofl:

why am I interested in BD aquisition.

For the umpteenth time:

BD section does not belong to bangladeshis. Indian section does not belong to Indians... etc etc.
You can argue, debate, discuss in any place.(except kashmir and senior cafe section).

This bit should be made sticky in bd section because I keep hearing it.

did you get the prove that BD will have 8 frigate ?

Another "Su30, mig 29, f 16, f 15 ... f22 for Bangladesh" thread. Guys first get it then we will talk about it. Aisa no ho ki like last time you end up buying something like f-7. So hold your horses. There is loooonnng way to go before you get near Pak Navy.

Another Su30, mig 29, f 16, f 15 ... f22 for Bangladesh. Guys first get it then we will talk about it. Aisa no ho ki like last time you end up buying f-7. So hold your horses. There is loooonnng way to go before you get near Pak Navy.

which one ?:confused: is not it same thing apply to you when you say you are going to match with china ?:lol:

which one ?:confused:

I am saying please get the ships first then boost about it.
Saying that you will be better than PN in short term is way too much too digest.

Its good for Bangladesh to build a decent Navy but lets not start making ridiculous claims like one of your country man did.

My 2 Takas.

I am saying please get the ships first then boost about it.
Saying that you will be better than PN in short term is way too much too digest.

Its good for Bangladesh to build a decent Navy but lets not start making ridiculous claims like one of your country man did.

My 2 Takas.

what are you talking about ? that ship already transferred to BD , did you read the news really ? :confused:

did you get the prove that BD will have 8 frigate ?

no, I did not. The second link you gave (global security) says only 2-3 frigates.
BTW, I reserve the right to challenge the assertion, even if I am proved wrong and you right, because being skeptic is the right position to take, especially when I know the types of posts in the past in this section about defence aquisition.

If you ever find me saying something that can be proved right or wrong, do go ahead and challenge it. I wont accuse of being jealous.
Cant believe I am teaching basic argumentation here.

no, I did not. The second link you gave (global security) says only 2-3 frigates.
BTW, I reserve the right to challenge the assertion, even if I am proved wrong and you right, because being skeptic is the right position to take, especially when I know the types of posts in the past in this section about defence aquisition.

global security said 6 frigates :coffee:

and from current 5 frigates 2 will be remain in service and 3 will be reserved :coffee:

2009 Plan for 2020
+
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/bangladesh/navy-modernization.htm

global security said 6 frigates :coffee:

and from current 5 frigates 2 will be remain in service and 3 will be reserved :coffee:

2009 Plan for 2020
+
Bangladesh Navy

what happened to those which were under consideration in 2009. were they bought? If yes, then you are right.

Back
Top Bottom