What's new

US takes Pakistan into confidence over anti-IS alliance

Another US trap for Pakistan? We do not want to be in US confidence ... they should keep it to themselves.

Could we pull 15,000 - 20,000 troops from reserve and send them to Iraq?

There'd have to be something in it for us as well, as mentioned earlier in the thread.

The Americans can't possibly think the Islamic Republic of Pakistan will even imagine taking a -ve step against the caliphate. War no, merger yes.

And the hindu Brahmin will not change his dirty mentality & bigotry..

I don't take jibes at any religion but you indians are increasingly becoming more rabid than ever... Little nathurams.

Could we pull 15,000 - 20,000 troops from reserve and send them to Iraq?

There'd have to be something in it for us as well, as mentioned earlier in the thread.
I think pak should help all possible ways we put troops but best way would be from turkish and jorden side .

ISIS is based in Middle east so we shouldn't give a ****. Americans are responsible for emergence of this menace as usual so better steer away from it before we get stuck in another American stupidity.

I'm all for conducting cross border air strikes on these terrorist scum. Well get Mullah Donkey Fazlullah too.

Well well, what did I say before? That the US would come back to ask Pakistan's military for more favors? And people had the nerve to tell me that I was wrong.

I'm for this alliance, as IS is a global threat. Though, Pakistan should make it clear to the US, it won't tolerate US's abandonment again.

IS is coming to Pakistan you better get what you can.
IS is not a virus that will take over our Bodies. Most Pakistanis are least interested in yet a new for of terrorist organization.
Those who are interested are being pounded by our military already and being kept busy.

Well well, what did I say before? That the US would come back to ask Pakistan's military for more favors? And people had the nerve to tell me that I was wrong.

I'm for this alliance, as IS is a global threat. Though, Pakistan should make it clear to the US, it won't tolerate US's abandonment again.
For a start . US should stop Drone attacks. It has been the one major reason for exponential increase in TTP supporters.

This was actually THE MAIN purpose of Susan Rice's visit to Pakistan. All this propaganda from India on how she came to give dossiers and crap and didn't take Pakistan's proof of RAW's terrorism inside Pakistan, was all bullshiiit.

This is actually really good for Pakistan. Pakistan won't go to war with ISIS, but will provide support in operations across the borders. That's right, getting inside Afghanistan's territory i.e. when a mission has to be done through airstrikes and if the ISAF doesn't have enough force there. Plus, this will help strengthen Pakistan's borders. No one wants this mess inside Pakistan.

At give some proper equipment. One battle finishes boom another one.

Yea, I think equipment is coming too. This situation requires a better prepared Pakistani army and air-force!!

Wondering why Dawn is the only news source reporting about this new counter-terrorist alliance. I can't seem to find any other news agency reporting a story about this ‘Sahel to South Asia’ alliance. Is this actually a thing?

Whats the plan now , get Pakistan to go at war with ISIS and then pull the support out

You don't have a dictator in place....so no support will be taken out. I don't know if you notice, there wasn't a "Phone Call" made to a dictator this time.

This was a democratic to another democratic country's diplomatic exchange. The US's National Security Adviser advises the POTUS on super critical stuff directly. So this event ALONE should tell many the relationship between two civilian governments now, vs. how it was before on Mushy's time.

NS has told her that he'll consult with the military and with the cabinet and will get back to the US on how Pakistan may be able to help, which means, Pakistan's Army (war torn) and the Air-force will need more equipment too. This is a serious threat for Pakistan as history has it, Afghanistan may become another crap-hole for global terrorism!! And that shouldn't be allowed by the world and the Pakistani government.

@MastanKhan : history is repeating itself (like 2002, but on a smaller scale), only difference is, Pakistan has a democratic government and the contact are made at the highest levels between the US and Pakistan. Let's see what gets out of it, in terms of support and equipment for Pakistan's AF and the Army.

For a start . US should stop Drone attacks. It has been the one major reason for exponential increase in TTP supporters.
Finally someone said something very true. Very true

Usa will keep coming to us for these alliances unless she succeeds in turning pakistan into another afghanista,syria ,iraq, and take away our nukes.

However,simplified it seems what i wrote but final aim is just that. U all must betoo foolish to expect sonething else and better from them.
Its all backstabbing stuff.

Pakistan cannot afford to be dragged into this war. We will protect our country but cannot go to Syria or any other country. U.S is making sure to keep Pakistan army into this mess which will not happen anymore.

Finally someone said something very true. Very true

Usa will keep coming to us for these alliances unless she succeeds in turning pakistan into another afghanista,syria ,iraq, and take away our nukes.

However,simplified it seems what i wrote but final aim is just that. U all must betoo foolish to expect sonething else and better from them.
Its all backstabbing stuff.

Here we go, history repeats itself, in 1998, when the US told you very bluntly that this entire "Strategic Depth" will bite you in your rear, you guys said similar stuff like the above. The US told you how Taliban were being trained for terrorism and gorilla warfare, but to each proof, came a similar response like the above. What happened? Today, the SAME PA has lost 40K people and is still losing people trying to clean up the Taliban mess!!!

This issue right here, is not a joke, please don't do conspiracy theories on it and regret later. Pakistan can't afford another cycle of terrorism for a decade. These terrorists from ISIS do not need to come inside Pakistan and form groups and all!!

Here we go, history repeats itself, in 1998, when the US told you very bluntly that this entire "Strategic Depth" will bite you in your rear, you guys said similar stuff like the above. The US told you how Taliban were being trained for terrorism and gorilla warfare, but to each proof, came a similar response like the above. What happened? Today, the SAME PA has lost 40K people and is still losing people trying to clean up the Taliban mess!!!

This issue right here, is not a joke, please don't do conspiracy theories on it and regret later. Pakistan can't afford another cycle of terrorism for a decade. These terrorists from ISIS do not need to come inside Pakistan and form groups and all!!
Must i remind u ISIS isnt our 'STRATEGIC DEPTH'.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom