What's new

US takes Pakistan into confidence over anti-IS alliance

when IS is coming to Pak and who is sending it and who is giving it money and weapons.

when you propagating that PA should be rented to the monarchs and go and die in yemen. it tarnishes Pak.
Renting military to monarchs will bring monarch blessings for pak, gwadar will shine and pak will get money from the monarchs.

according to your logic, Pak is a faqeer country, while it is not and wahabis and monarchists did everything to make it like this.

Hi,

Show me your introduction please---how old you are---what you do and where you are---so that I can know who I am talking to and how to address you if I want to.

Just from you post---you look like a young man---who still lives at home under his mom and dad's roof---and does not have any say in the matters of his life.

Hi,

Show me your introduction please---how old you are---what you do and where you are---so that I can know who I am talking to and how to address you if I want to.

Just from you post---you look like a young man---who still lives at home under his mom and dad's roof---and does not have any say in the matters of his life.

Garbage. you are not that genius. your post shows you want pak a lackey of monarchs for the some pennies.

Those nations who side with monarchs are losers and we do not want our country to be among losers.

warmongers.

IS is a threat but PA can handle that with support of the nation. :pakistan:

If IS is coming from Afghanistan then easiest way to finish them is to test some TNW on them. ;)
IS is not coming to Afghanistan, they are disgruntled Taliban, Taliban splinter cell. In other words a political armed moved on chess board of Afghanistan. Its old news during Syria ISIS uprising around 1000 taliban shifted from Afghanistan and FATA region. Those picture been posted in this forum, but for some unknown reason those pics been removed.

IS is not coming to Afghanistan, they are disgruntled Taliban, Taliban splinter cell. In other words a political armed moved on chess board of Afghanistan. Its old news during Syria ISIS uprising around 1000 taliban shifted from Afghanistan and FATA region. Those picture been posted in this forum, but for some unknown reason those pics been removed.

when usa is telling to confront IS from Sahel to South Asia then it means they have already planned to bring it in and making it big.

Their bad luck is that Pakistan has plenty of shias who are natural rivals of IS.
IS can;t accommodate where there are Shias. it can only finger in kpk or do suicide bombings.
If state do not support, then IS is nothing as Pak has huge population.

Garbage. you are not that genius. your post shows you want pak a lackey of monarchs for the some pennies.

Those nations who side with monarchs are losers and we do not want our country to be among losers.

warmongers.

Your comments are understandable----. But still---do you still live at home and mommy and daddy pay the bills and you do not have any say in your life.

Your comments are understandable----. But still---do you still live at home and mommy and daddy pay the bills and you do not have any say in your life.

your dream pennies cannot bring good to the nation.

dream pennies from monarchs are useless.

so end your drama of dream pennies.

Unlike Taliban which held Iran and Pakistan on the opposite sides of alliances, maybe ISIS presence in Afghanistan is an oppurtunity for Iran and Pakistan to work with each other for a common goal.

Although, ISIS can never be much strong in Afghanistan compared to what it is in Syria and Iraq, but it is still a danger.

To those who say Pakistani army will crush them, etc, we all know they can never 'defeat' a well organized army. The problem is, they don't intend on defeating our armies, they plan on waging a war of attrition, including terror attacks in Afghanistan, Pakistan or Iran. Not even one single terrorist attack by ISIS should be tolerated.

Iran has already made its official position: To attack any ISIS presence should they come anywhere closer than 40km of Iran's borders, be it in Iraq or Afghanistan. We can't wait for them to come for us, we should and will go for them first.

Foreign people whom are supporter of IS are arriving in Afghanistan and Pakistan. Today a Yemeni terrorist have been arrested in Pakistan.

Whats the plan now , get Pakistan to go at war with ISIS and then pull the support out

Eliminating both TTP and ISIS should be highest priority. This is not only matter of security concern for Pakistan, but also the order from Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) for the mission against Khawarij.

Only Pakistan is qualified to tackle terrorist outfits, and it helps that Pakistan might be making it easier for Middle East as well.

we already bleeding like dog from WOT alliance no thanks

I think war on terror might have done huge favor for Pakistan. It only made Pakistan tougher and trained qualified in tackling terrorist outfits. Now the mother-of-God-in-terrorism ISIS is coming towards Pakistan through Afghanistan. Thank to the experience in war on terror, Pakistan is more prepared than before to fight ISIS to death, and it is imperative to tackle ISIS and its terrorism given the terror they just spread and almost burned some of Middle East to ground.

Plus, Pakistan won't be alone as the support from USA is also there with Pakistan as well.

Will this me a shotgun wedding or a alliance based on shared strategic goals? If the former any success against Daesh will be temporary or even illusory. If the latter, then that suggests an ideological change on Pakistan's part.
looking at our previous encounters who knows.. maybe a litter bit longer like the 50s.

in any case such change of mind is most welcome. we Pakistanis will never change in one thing though, we wrongly feel "betrayed" by USA... when supporting Pakistan does no longer interest the America. what we have issue dealing with is the national interests are permanent in the international relations and this is something we also fail to communicate to the American partners too when they on their part react with shock and disbelief when despite their material support we don't do what they ask us since we have been left with cleaning up the mess few times already.

I agree there is some change (mostly) in Pakistani thinking as the debate has moved beyond the "is it our fight or not". Daesh is a Nazi death cult, I have no doubt about it. if it was in Hitler time then it would have been a partner of the Fascists party and joining against it a matter of survival in my view.

re shared strategic goals? there can be a different interpretation what they could be? I will like @Syed.Ali.Haider involved too from my perspective

from Pakistani side
denying Daesh a foothold in south east Aisa
intelligence & military cooperation beyond the region against the global terrorism
contribute towards stability in the gulf monarchies (Pak military is already stationed in KSA for example)

from American side
support/ cooperate with Pakistan
take care of secure Oil supply through its Naval fleet.
safeguard its 2 most important allies i.e. Israel and KSA.
keep tabs on Iran, seek soft revolution?

Last edited:
re shared strategic goals? there can be a different interpretation what they could be? I will like @Syed.Ali.Haider involved too from my perspective

That is the correct way to look at the issues. There is no doubt, as you enumerate, that both Pakistan and USA continue to share many common short and long term national interests, despite differences in certain other areas.

Pakistan gains immensely from securing itself from the rising scourge of IS (Daesh) if it can get the nation to follow in its mindset what the Army has already taken on board: this fight is Pakistan's own fight, not any one else's. Once it's own house is in order and secure, then it can engage in wider roles in the ME, which will also help US policies in the region.

From the US perspective, having a potent military like Pakistan's on its side in the region is a huge asset, undoubtedly, with many possible avenues for mutual benefit, including engagement with Iran and Saudi Arabia.

However, I must warn all sides that all these plans are going to be subject to a lot of stress arising from rapid changes within the populations of the countries in the region. We are already seeing monarchies in trouble, and a tussle between radicals to seize control within Pakistan by expanding their significant foothold within Pakistani society. Unless such trends are countered, all these plans may go awry in short order.

Once it's own house is in order and secure, then it can engage in wider roles in the ME, which will also help US policies in the region.

You've seen the reaction of Pakistanis to the Yemen Crisis and this newly-formed anti-IS alliance. What makes you think Pakistan is hoping to "engage in wider roles in the ME" as an American puppet?

You've seen the reaction of Pakistanis to the Yemen Crisis and this newly-formed anti-IS alliance. What makes you think Pakistan is hoping to "engage in wider roles in the ME" as an American puppet?

Pakistan's continued engagement in the Middle East will serve its own national interests, first and foremost.

Back
Top Bottom