What's new

US should set up military base in India to tackle Pakistan-based terror groups: Think tank

Do India should give permission to US to Create Military Base on India Soil ?

• yes

Votes: 17 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 70 82.4%

• Total voters
Andaman Islands..

Umm, the Andaman & Nicobar Islands also happen to be part of India.
So even any Bases there are unlikely, I'd actually use the word: "impossible".
India is principally opposed to providing Bases to anybody. In the 1950s, India turned down overtures from USA on this account. That is when USA turned towards Pakistan for CENTO and SEATO.
Then the USSR raised a similar request in the 1970s to India. The Soviets wise as they were; withdrew the suggestion when India said 'NO'.

That is how it still stands............... :-)

Andaman Islands..

CLose to Andaman Islands are Malakka Straits . Indonesia Might give u a base there . Best of Luck . Also you have diego Garcia but i understand its quite far from the mainland .

CLose to Andaman Islands are Malakka Straits . Indonesia Might give u a base there . Best of Luck . Also you have diego Garcia but i understand its quite far from the mainland .

The problem is that the American have this overwhelming 'infatuation' for physical presence; or "Boots on the Ground".
That has been the hallmark of their Policy right from the Cold War Era and the time of the "Dull(es) Brothers" who seem to have left an indelible mark on American Strategic Thought.
In contrast; the Soviets (and then the Russians) realised that this was not a "must do" requirement to push their agendas. Part of that American infatuation is simply born out of the American lack of a "Sense of History"; as I see it.

Why Should Yanks go for an Expensive Proposition of Base In INDIA.

They can Park an A/C in Indian Ocean Like Qatar and follow Cheaper Option....

Why Should Yanks go for an Expensive Proposition of Base In INDIA.

They can Park an A/C in Indian Ocean Like Qatar and follow Cheaper Option....

Dude, does your Keyboard have a problem?
Or do you need to check your optometrist's prescription?
:undecided:

In this thread for self fellatio and jingoism.. the context of the entire report has been forgotten.

THis is what CFR highlights in the report.
http://www.cfr.org/pakistan/reorienting-us-pakistan-strategy/p32198

The report, Reorienting U.S. Pakistan Strategy: From Af-Pak to Asia, outlines a two-pronged approach to future U.S. policy for Pakistan: defend against security threats, and support Pakistan's economic growth and normalized relations with its neighbors. Markey recommends that the United States:

• launch a new diplomatic dialogue with China, India, and Pakistan to reduce prospects for regional tension and violence;
  • sign a trade deal that also encourages trade between India and Pakistan;
  • reallocate assistance in Pakistan to improve trade and transit infrastructure; and
  • integrate Pakistan into East and South Asia policymaking across the State Department, National Security Council, and Department of Defense, and deemphasize the Af-Pak connection.

this looks like Indian piss tanks not the US think tanks

This might have been possible 15 years ago.

Not anymore

Indians now think of themselves as power in the world (necessary step before one becomes power).

So I seriously doubt there will be an American base in India.

This might have been possible 15 years ago.

Not anymore

Indians now think of themselves as power in the world (necessary step before one becomes power).

So I seriously doubt there will be an American base in India.

No, Dude.

That did not happen in the 1950s, nor the 1960s, the 1970s...........there was just no chance of it happening even 15 years ago.

It did not happen in the past; there is just no chance of it even happening in the future.

If you do not believe me; then go ask the Russians......... :-)
Even though they were Allies and even had a Treaty with us; they did not get any Bases

So the Americans have "a snowflakes chance in Hell" of getting any Bases in India!!!!

Back
Top Bottom