What's new

US should set up military base in India to tackle Pakistan-based terror groups: Think tank

Do India should give permission to US to Create Military Base on India Soil ?

• yes

Votes: 17 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 70 82.4%

• Total voters
By 2020 you are looking at India as being the 2nd most powerful armed forces in world.

1 - US
2 - Russia and India
4 - China

with the second biggest army in the world.

whoever thinks India needs US soldiers in India is suffering from some misconceptions here.

I won't be surprised if India is asked to contribute to US or European security by stationing IA in US or Europe in future.

By 2020 you are looking at India as being the 2nd most powerful armed forces in world.

1 - US
2 - Russia and India
4 - China

with the second biggest army in the world.

whoever thinks India needs US soldiers in India is suffering from some misconceptions here.

I won't be surprised if India is asked to contribute to US or European security by stationing IA in US or Europe in future.

:lol: and who told you its about need of India at all.

We kicked out the British 66 years ago only for the white man to set foot in our Mother land again.'

It was more like a default than a kick out.
Keep in mind England was a complete wreck after the war. With Axis held countries being handed back to their people's, the view by the Allies of England's colonies wasn't exactly supportive.

Remember Jordan, Palestine, Egypt, Sri Lanka, and Myanmar were handed back around this time too.

France also let go of Laos, Cambodia, and eventually Vietnam.

Keep in mind England was a complete wreck after the war. With Axis held countries being handed back to their people's, the view by the Allies of England's colonies wasn't exactly supportive.

Remember Jordan, Palestine, Egypt, Sri Lanka, and Myanmar were handed back around this time too.

If you read my full post, the part you quoted me from was in the context of an Indian politician trying to rile up nationalist sentiment :-)

I said, I can imagine the rhetoric used now.

It is not the truth, but it is the language and tenor used in politics by politicians. Politics involve a lot of theatrics too :-)

yeah I forgot. its not about need of India, but more like delusional dream of some stupid US think-tank.

Never under-estimate :).

Few years back when i talked about the same idea on this very forum everyone was just abusing me from India but now today this has been picked up by a US Think Tank . Tomorrow you may see some more progress for materilising the what you called "delusional dream"

Few years back when i talked about the same idea on this very forum everyone was just abusing me from India but now today this has been picked up by a US Think Tank . Tomorrow you may see some more progress for materilising the what you called "delusional dream"

not happening in real world yar, and you know it also.

but Indians find it amusing that it is not the Indians who want this, but it is the US thinktank who wants it more then Indians. :omghaha:

well jana ji i realli admire your esteemed "journalist skills" :)

but the fact is India is no push over and we are not surviving on US 'friendly support paccages'

now having said that US knows it needs India more than the other way round cause they also know that Indians are fierclli indepentent and wont let US sneak in .. in even the worst case scenario

US knows this India knows this and so do all the reagonal powers like China , Japan , Iran & Arabs and guess what we have good relations with all of them + we have very large markets which they cant ignoare so in case if ever there is a situation to choose a new ally / power i guess most of them will for sure take Indian side + Russia for India will always give the Top cover:coffee:

so the thing is India wont led US in cause which ever political party in india advocates that its political carrer will be finished + if Namo comes to Power he will try his best to first bolster the indian economy and administration further and then will go all owt to woo China and thing is Big powers tend to bond with each other at price of there smaller partners (you guessed it ... dont you :azn:)

and all this is making US go more open with doing buisness with India and future seems to be good for US - India relations than ever before but trust me Indians will never give US millitarry bases like owr 'immideate naighbours ' have done and are now regretting that decission looks like Indian Policy OF NAM and good relations with all those matter is finally paying of :cheers:

So, keep it as also default...US ain't coming to india...just forget it..
and you also keep in mind US has more than enough enemies in this world and US need india more than India need US..We survived without you in our most grave and dire situation..and will continue to flourish..and if your country will try something like britain than this time US supremacy will come to an end just like brits...you are in enough financial trouble and dollar is loosing it's shine all over the world..
Days of US as superpower are numbered....enjoy it while you can..:tup:

Last edited:
So, keep it as also default...US ain't coming to india...just forget it..
and you also keep in mind US has more than enough enemies in this world and US need india more than India need US..We survived without you in our most grave and dire situation..and will continue to flourish..and if your country will try something like britain than this time US supremacy will come to an end lust like brits...you are in enough financial trouble and dollar is loosing it's shine all over the world..
Days of US as superpower are numbered....enjoy it while you can
..:tup:
You nailed it bro count have said it better :cheers:

CIA had sown the seeds long ago.

Nuke deal was also a little effort to get in and newly found Indian love as a result is also a step towards it.

The Nuke deal worked in our favour didn't it ? We know have access to the world nuclear trading market and also have the option of blocking U.S nuclear companies if they are not in our national interest.

Agree with the first part, CIA sowed the seeds decades ago , and they have been persistently trying to build up a good network.

There have been political incidents like the toppling of a communist Govt in Kerala in the 60's or 70's .

Also during the Khalistani uprising , the CIA tried its best ( with generous help from the ISI , I might add :) ) to destabilize India. They have been trying to infiltrate India for decades. The only difference is that now we have a robust RAW and IB ( responsible for internal security in place ) courtesy of the myriad threat scenarios we are forced to face so we can be assured that these "seeds " wont take root to deeply before they are detected and uprooted.

The Indian System may be flawed and quite problematic at times but it will endure independently for sure.

but you dont talk like a junior i guess its your 'reincarnation' :D ......:azn:
No ..no..I am new to this forum...have been here for a month or so..but following it for last 3-4 months....have read most of your and other seniors post in recent times...:):tup:

Back
Top Bottom