What's new

US should set up military base in India to tackle Pakistan-based terror groups: Think tank

Do India should give permission to US to Create Military Base on India Soil ?

• yes

Votes: 17 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 70 82.4%

• Total voters
  • This might have been possible 15 years ago.

Not anymore

Indians now think of themselves as power in the world (necessary step before one becomes power).

So I seriously doubt there will be an American base in India.

15 years ago we were under US sanctions for nuke testing.

• integrate Pakistan into East and South Asia policymaking across the State Department, National Security Council, and Department of Defense, and deemphasize the Af-Pak connection.

This suggestion is quite contrary to what's actually happening on the ground as far as US policy goes.

Just recently Obama's opened a temp office to oversee AF-PAK policies.

Obama establishes Af-Pak strategic partnership office

No, Dude.

That did not happen in the 1950s, nor the 1960s, the 1970s...........there was just no chance of it happening even 15 years ago.

It did not happen in the past; there is just no chance of it even happening in the future.

If you do not believe me; then go ask the Russians......... :-)
Even though they were Allies and even had a Treaty with us; they did not get any Bases

So the Americans have "a snowflakes chance in Hell" of getting any Bases in India!!!!

15 years was just a rough estimate.

I was referring to big name Indians and Indian newspapers clamoring to allow US bases immediately after the sad moments of 9/11

India is as selfish as USA, am sure GoI will look after our interest the best they can. If we need it we will have it else we wont.
Currently there is no need and there will be massive opposition from people. Govt can secretly allow CIA operatives though

USA is also the country that helped us a lot in various ways, especially food aid when we were hungry. I wont paint them as evil, they work in their interest and we work in our, we will cooperate when there is common ground and oppose them when it hurts our interest. simples
USA just want to maintain their power in this region to counter china and russia.Well they can,t do this in afghanistan because afghan taliban and pakistan simply didn,t let this happen,now they want some place in india.Go ahead and give them the bases but in the long run america is a friend of no one.All wise people learnt from the history and they didnt repeat the mistakes of other people.We need all weather freinds for example our is china and yours is russia.

USA just want to maintain their power in this region to counter china and russia.Well they can,t do this in afghanistan because afghan taliban and pakistan simply didn,t let this happen,now they want some place in india.Go ahead and give them the bases but in the long run america is a friend of no one.All wise people learnt from the history and they didnt repeat the mistakes of other people.We need all weather freinds for example our is china and yours is russia.

Please see the map of china before saying what you are saying.

Hopefully that will reduce the level of conspiracy theories .

Thank you

By 2020 you are looking at India as being the 2nd most powerful armed forces in world.

1 - US
2 - Russia and India
4 - China

with the second biggest army in the world.

whoever thinks India needs US soldiers in India is suffering from some misconceptions here.

I won't be surprised if India is asked to contribute to US or European security by stationing IA in US or Europe in future.

Even Ukraine could outwit you in a fight.

yeah I forgot. its not about need of India, but more like delusional dream of some stupid US think-tank.

By 2020 you are looking at India as being the 2nd most powerful armed forces in world.
1 - US
2 - Russia and India
4 - China

with the second biggest army in the world.

whoever thinks India needs US soldiers in India is suffering from some misconceptions here.

I won't be surprised if India is asked to contribute to US or European security by stationing IA in US or Europe in future.

:coffee:

:coffee:

we will see that in 2020. wait and watch.

India's missile programme is progressing at exponential growth. it is the fastest growth anywhere by any missile programme.
India is the second largest military.
India would also have some of the best nuclear subs and aircraft carriers by then.
India has the world's best trained mountain warfare soldiers.

I do not think you can beat India in 2020 unless you are a US or Russia.

This might have been possible 15 years ago.

Not anymore

Indians now think of themselves as power in the world (necessary step before one becomes power).

So I seriously doubt there will be an American base in India.

It was never possible. We didn't get rid of British to allow other foreign power to get hold inside India. This is not my personal view, its a common view across India.

It was never possible. We didn't get rid of British to allow other foreign power to get hold inside India. This is not my personal view, its a common view across India.

Read the statements of Indian elite from those days.

No bases in India for anyone. They have bases to the West of Pakistan already.

Read the statements of Indian elite from those days.

Which Indian elite? 15 years ago, you mean around 1999. I lived during those year and very keenly followed daily news and reading editorials.

we will see that in 2020. wait and watch.

India's missile programme is progressing at exponential growth. it is the fastest growth anywhere by any missile programme.
India is the second largest military.
India would also have some of the best nuclear subs and aircraft carriers by then.
India has the world's best trained mountain warfare soldiers.

I do not think you can beat India in 2020 unless you are a US or Russia.

Weren't we supposed to see in 2005, and 2010, and 2012 or 2015? Yes, we will see in 2020 if you test that theory out.

Back
Top Bottom