What's new

US Report: Chinese cruise missiles could pose biggest threat to U.S. carriers

Our submarine arsenal isn't small. It is growing and will continue to grow. I expect we will dominate submarine warfare in the next 2 decades. We will have at least 100 hundred and in war time can reach to 300 to ensure we can suffocate the US.

300 submarines?You will suffer same fate as soviet economy.

300 submarines?You will suffer same fate as soviet economy.
He's talking about numbers in the event of war. Peacetime and wartime inventory are always far different and China, as the number one manufacturing powerhouse in the World, can divert all manufacturing output to war effort and increase their military inventory several times over. 300 Subs is not an inconceivable number but I would say that it is probably overkill, as I don't think China would need so many. Also, China's economy is far stronger and robust than Soviet's closed economy ever was. China also has a ton of cash, gold and minerals/raw materials stocked up in reserve in preparation for war.

The reality is China is too big to take down now and trying to hurt China only hurts your own economy because China has become too valuable a trade partner of nearly every nation on the planet. Countries like USA, Vietnam, Japan, and Philipines not accepting the change in their reality well.

He's talking about numbers in the event of war. Peacetime and wartime inventory are always far different and China, as the number one manufacturing powerhouse in the World, can divert all manufacturing output to war effort and increase their military inventory several times over. 300 Subs is not an inconceivable number but I would say that it is probably overkill, as I don't think China would need so many. Also, China's economy is far stronger and robust than Soviet's closed economy ever was. China also has a ton of cash, gold and minerals/raw materials stocked up in reserve in preparation for war.

The reality is China is too big to take down now and trying to hurt China only hurts your own economy because China has become too valuable a trade partner of nearly every nation on the planet. Countries like USA, Vietnam, Japan, and Philipines not accepting the change in their reality well.

I think even 100 subs would be difficult to maintain provided u want to increase number of nuke subs.(cheaper diesel subs are more easier),and wartime production doesn't count here..ships takes a year or more to build..modern warfare won't last that long.Ur peacetime strength is ur wartime strength in modern days.No one is talking about 'taking down' china,that is a wet dream.What was being said was the USN and japanese navies ability to cripple PLAN in naval battles at sea.And submarines are the biggest threat to that because 1)PLAN ASW capability is moderate compared to its anti surface capabilities.2) Its land based area denial weapons are useless vs subs.

I think even 100 subs would be difficult to maintain provided u want to increase number of nuke subs.(cheaper diesel subs are more easier),and wartime production doesn't count here..ships takes a year or more to build..modern warfare won't last that long.Ur peacetime strength is ur wartime strength in modern days.No one is talking about 'taking down' china,that is a wet dream.What was being said was the USN and japanese navies ability to cripple PLAN in naval battles at sea.And submarines are the biggest threat to that because 1)PLAN ASW capability is moderate compared to its anti surface capabilities.2) Its land based area denial weapons are useless vs subs.

I was stating in case of an all-out full-spectrum war but agree that is highly unlikely as China and USA have too much to lose. Like I said, 300 subs is excessive but it is achievable if China were ever pushed to do so.

Compared to USN's ASW capability, I agree China is still behind but it's not non-existent and if forced to churn out many new ASW helis and subs, China can and would. Also, remember in litoral waters of SCS and ECS, smaller and quieter diesel-electrics which China have many of are very potent weapons against US nuke subs and surface combatants. The US's surface warships will have to operate far out to avoid being taken out by China's massive arsenal land-based missiles and this will affect the effectiveness of their ASW capability and US subs operating in littoral waters are at high risk to being sunk by the more numerous and stealthy diesel-electric subs, China will field. If US wants to fight China over Japan, then they will have to risk losing some very big and expensive ships.

Yes. US has record of penetrating third-world air defences like Iraq and Libya:lol:
And of the Soviet Union and its satellites back in the Cold War. But officially, such incursions never happened, of course...:lol:

How do u threaten submarines with ground based missiles?o_O
Subs will be main threat to PLAN make no mistake abt it, in conventional warfare,carriers are symbols..their main thing is power projection and ability to support ground ops.In pure naval combat subs are the deadliest.

And currently the PLAAN has a very weak ASW capability.

What's wrong with you American? Trying to bully BD? With your might and power, stop bullying them!

Tell China to stop bullying Vietnam and the Philippines and Japan and.....

What's wrong with you American? Trying to bully BD? With your might and power, stop bullying them!

No. You want to open your mouth up against the big boys, you get biatch slapped by the big boys. Go play in your own league.

Tell China to stop bullying Vietnam and the Philippines and Japan and.....

No. You want to open your mouth up against the big boys, you get biatch slapped by the big boys. Go play in your own league.

You know that America has a mutual defence treaty with the Philippines?

Yet we seized Scarborough shoal from the Philippines in 2012? :P What happened to the mutual defence treaty?

What about America's 1994 promise to protect Ukraine's sovereign borders, in exchange for them giving up nukes?

What happened when Russia came?

You know that America has a mutual defence treaty with the Philippines?

Yet we seized Scarborough shoal from the Philippines in 2012? :P What happened to the mutual defence treaty?

What about America's 1994 promise to protect Ukraine's sovereign borders, in exchange for them giving up nukes?

What happened when Russia came?

Hey, what can I say ? Our President is a pussy who is hell-bent on destroying America. I'm surprised no one has taken a shot at him yet. But he won't be around forever.

Back
Top Bottom