What's new

US ready to assist Pakistan, India resolve Siachen conflict

This is called Teeli lagana. US knows India will react negatively to such mediation at a time when media is filled with articles about futility of occupying Siachen. Siachen can be resolved on my by mutual withdrawal (remember India lost 16 people a month and a half ago to another avalanche) and placing a smaller 100 member team at a safe observation point. Currently there are 20,000 people there.

Nobody is going to withdraw. Mutually or otherwise.

Pakistan mouthing off on the hardships and futility of Siachen is seen for exactly what it is by 1.2 billion Indians.

Sorry you couldn't get there in time.

Two things :

1. Has US ever been able to resolve a problem ? It has only worsened situations which may have solved itself if left to the local players.

2. India does not accept / need arbitration.

What ' dialogue' can US initiate which India & Pak not do by themselves should they wish to.

There no need to even discuss that.

Any third party mediation is unacceptable. Period.

go back and re-read the post you quoted and re-read your post.

Read the first clause of the first sentence of my post.

I'm not even asking you read an entire sentence. I know you might be a little uncomfortable with English, hence, I'm taking it easy for your sake.

I'm only asking you to read the first clause, not even the entire sentence.

This is called Teeli lagana. US knows India will react negatively to such mediation at a time when media is filled with articles about futility of occupying Siachen. Siachen can be resolved on my by mutual withdrawal (remember India lost 16 people a month and a half ago to another avalanche) and placing a smaller 100 member team at a safe observation point. Currently there are 20,000 people there.

unless you can prove to me that that was in Siachen, your comment would easily qualify for the ignorance of the highest degree award.

India has not lost a troop in Siachen for the past 8 years. We are not responsible if your Generals are incompetent of taking good care of their men and provide them with the necessary equipment etc.

Could we remind ourselves where the Indian deaths occurred? some of them died in Dawar, north of Srinagar; another group died in Sonamarg. Not in Siachen.

We have had, and continue to have a serious casualty rate in Siachen, but those are related to the harsh ambience of the location.

Read the first clause of the first sentence of my post.

I'm not even asking you read an entire sentence. I know you might be a little uncomfortable with English, hence, I'm taking it easy for your sake.

I'm only asking you to read the first clause, not even the entire sentence.

sorry, i didn't bother reading your whole statement and wasting my time doing so.
You mad? :cheesy:

Here we go.. U.S. tries to play world leader again. :pop:
You posted the news and yet you have no clue about the background?

Pakistan wants US to help it in settlement of its disputes with India. This has been Pakistan's official stand for a long time.

You posted the news and yet you have no clue about the background?

Pakistan wants US to help it in settlement of its disputes.

I said this, because the fact is a Kashmir/Siachen resolution will not be passed from America, but from India and Pakistan themselves if willing to negotiate.

unless you can prove to me that that was in Siachen, your comment would easily qualify for the ignorance of the highest degree award.

India has not lost a troop in Siachen for the past 8 years. We are not responsible if your Generals are incompetent of taking good care of their men and provide them with the necessary equipment etc.

I see. I am just going by what we're reading in media reports these days. It seemed to come off that way. You may go ahead and give me the award - kudos.

According to this link India has lost a total of 2000 people in Siachen till 1997:

All about the Siachen Glacier: the conflict, perspectives of India and Pakistan, geography, history and the possible resolutions - About

According to Indian estimates, this operation had cost India over Rs. 50 billion and almost 2,000 personnel casualties till 1997

Edit: Casualties does not mean deaths - but yeah, it can be worse than death in some cases.

I said this, because the fact is a Kashmir/Siachen resolution will not be passed from America, but from India and Pakistan themselves if willing to negotiate.

but earlier you brought them and still ask them to bring mediation and convince india:lol:
U.S will never want negotiation successful

I see. I am just going by what we're reading in media reports these days. It seemed to come off that way. You may go ahead and give me the award - kudos.

According to this link India has lost a total of 2000 people in Siachen till 1997:

All about the Siachen Glacier: the conflict, perspectives of India and Pakistan, geography, history and the possible resolutions - About
no soldier since last 8 years

Bro, their is no need to bash USA on this matter. If USA decides to help, this is good for us.

You think that India has ever been sincere in these affairs? It is all BLUFF.

I see. I am just going by what we're reading in media reports these days. It seemed to come off that way.

...till 1997.

...and then we started taking a series of steps which gradually reduced the death count on Siachen. Now it has come down to zero.

Again I say, if your Generals are incompetent to take such good care of their men, I'm not sure how you can blame India for that.

Again I say, if your Generals are incompetent to take such good care of their men, I'm not sure how you can blame India for that.
Don't post ridiculous arguments. Their is no viable solution for NATURAL DISASTERS.

Same goes for other Indian members who are making similar claims.

Don't post ridiculous arguments. Their is no viable solution for NATURAL DISASTERS.

Yes. You are right.

However, you can always provide your troops with the best of equipment in the world and we do.

Unless you can tell me that PA had a similar record of death count in Siachen before this particular incident as does IA, your argument is nullified.

Point is, your Generals have failed to provide your men with the best of equipment. Ours haven't.

Back
Top Bottom