What's new

US Navy SEALS rescue 6 Pakistanis among 21 hostages in Mediterranean.

Kompromat

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Six Pakistanis among 21 hostages freed by US Navy Seals

9 MINS AGO BY AGENCIES

1.jpg

US Navy Seals conducted an operation and freed 21 crew members including six Pakistanis, held hostage on a North Korea-flagged vessel in international Mediterranean waters, a private news channel reported on Monday.

Pentagon officials said the US commandos raid the vessel, Morning Glory, on the request of Cyprus and Libya and got freed 21 crew members, including six Pakistanis.

According to sources, a North Korea-flagged oil freighter has been seized by some armed Libyan rebels in sea territory of Republic of Cyprus, an island country in the Eastern Mediterranean Sea.

Officials said three of the anti-government Libyan rebels were also arrested. They said the Morning Glory will soon head to Libya under the control of a team of US forces.

Media reports said the freighter was a North Korean-flagged vessel loaded with 200,000 barrels of oil. There were no further details available about the raid.

Six Pakistanis among 21 hostages freed by US Navy Seals | Pakistan Today
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/18/world/middleeast/libya-oil-tanker.html?_r=0

Were they really held hostage? The US needed to protect its oil interests in Libya but there isn't a stable government there anyways. It's not surprising they're taking action in Libya but Libya will never return to a military state. There plenty more rebels and militias which control many aspects of the country and they smuggle weapons and fuel out. :D

This is good in the sense people were rescued but it wasn't done for the people, it's to change the status quo and warn rebels from taking control of oil imports. It doesn't protect US interests, it protects oil industry, Israel, and Arab leaderships. Too bad it's going to fail miserably and already has. :lol:

Were they really held hostage? The US needed to protect its oil interests in Libya but there isn't a stable government there anyways. It's not surprising they're taking action in Libya but Libya will never return to a military state. There plenty more rebels and militias which control many aspects of the country and they smuggle weapons and fuel out. :D

This is good in the sense people were rescued but it wasn't done for the people, it's to change the status quo and warn rebels from taking control of oil imports. It doesn't protect US interests, it protects oil industry, Israel, and Arab leaderships. Too bad it's going to fail miserably and already has. :lol:

Oh you knucklehead where did you pop from :D

Oh you knucklehead where did you pop from :D

If you think America/Europe/Israel are going to get away with installing their so called 'democratic' governments which will serve their interests then think again. :lol:

No more going back to what the West wants(Assad, Sisi, Libyan 'government'....etc)

This time it will all be cooperating militias and Islam will revive itself, no more interference in our affairs. The miserable failure has already lead to thousands of grad rockets being smuggled to Palestine. :lol:

If you think America/Europe/Israel are going to get away with installing their so called 'democratic' governments which will serve their interests then think again. :lol:

No more going back to what the West wants(Assad, Sisi, Libyan 'government'....etc)

This time it will all be cooperating militias and Islam will revive itself, no more interference in our affairs. The miserable failure has already lead to thousands of grad rockets being smuggled to Palestine. :lol:

You think those militias will achieve Islamic Empire? Wtf,? The moment these groups achieve to topple a ruler, they will start the infighting. Libya is a mess, there isnt gonna be an Islamic Emirate there. Just brutality all wrapped up in Islam. How does west want Assad? They were against him since the start of the rebellion. You support Iran while they support Assad? Conundrum innit?

I'm not gonna get into grad rockets as you differ on it with me. No point.

You think those militias will achieve Islamic Empire? Wtf,? The moment these groups achieve to topple a ruler, they will start the infighting. Libya is a mess, there isnt gonna be an Islamic Emirate there. Just brutality all wrapped up in Islam. How does west want Assad? They were against him since the start of the rebellion. You support Iran while they support Assad? Conundrum innit?

I'm not gonna get into grad rockets as you differ on it with me. No point.

There will never be an Islamic empire until end times, who in the world told you we're expecting one? :lol:

Ask Iranians what I think about Syria. :D

This you see is challenging the status quo and is the only way to counter the hegemony over the Middle East.

There will never be an Islamic empire until end times, who in the world told you we're expecting one? :lol:

Ask Iranians what I think about Syria. :D

This you see is challenging the status quo and is the only way to counter the hegemony over the Middle East.

If by ME you mean to include the GCC being toppled? Nopes not gonna happen. The people there are rich and stuffed to vent their anger out. Other countries yes, but then again militias forming will mean an end to that country's peace and stability. Syria's gone, Libya's gone. No matter how many militias form they all have different leaders with different ideas of Islamic system. That i can guarantee you will not bring peace. It will only spread mayhem as you must have heard AQ related group killed over a 100 students in Nigeria. This is franchising to the extreme.

If by ME you mean to include the GCC being toppled? Nopes not gonna happen. The people there are rich and stuffed to vent their anger out. Other countries yes, but then again militias forming will mean an end to that country's peace and stability. Syria's gone, Libya's gone. No matter how many militias form they all have different leaders with different ideas of Islamic system. That i can guarantee you will not bring peace. It will only spread mayhem as you must have heard AQ related group killed over a 100 students in Nigeria. This is franchising to the extreme.

Has nothing to with GCC or AQ.

U.S. Department of Defense has issued a statement regarding the matter. Pentagon Press Secretary Rear Adm. John Kirby provided the following statement: "No one was hurt tonight when U.S. forces, at the request of both the Libyan and Cypriot governments, boarded and took control of the commercial tanker Morning Glory, a stateless vessel seized earlier this month by three armed Libyans.”

You can click on the link and read the full press release below:

Defense.gov News Release: DoD Statement on Boarding of Commercial Tanker Morning Glory

Ali Khan
Digital Engagement Team, USCENTCOM

Libya just like many other countries of the ME and the whole world who have undergone rapid and in this case drastic changes need time to grow as a nation and restore order. Knowing the bad situation in Libya under Gaddafi and the subsequent civil war, the amount of weapons that are flooding and the chaotic neighborhood, it is no wonder that there are certain problems but with the right choices and patience there is no question that Libya will rise again since it has all the natural resources and other elements to succeed.
The army is undergoing a huge change of structure etc. It takes time. Obviously rogue elements have taken advantage of this.

Implementing a strong civil society takes time. Europe suffered from WW2 70 years ago that killed 50 million or so. What is happening in Libya and anywhere else in the ME is nothing in comparison.

There will and must be an end to all this.

Anyway very good news. Hostage takings are a not a laughing matter.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom