What's new

US SEALS raid Somalia and Libya

Wow, that was probably the dumbest post i have ever seen on here. I'm more of a light tan than brown. And i would never want to be white. I'm pretty sure me being born here grants me the right to call my self an american. I'm in high school so i would say i was educated enough. How is my mentality a terror one? I would kill for my country like a soldier has to. I definately would follow the roe's and not kill any innocent. Sorry i don't wear diapers, i'm 16 not 1. Maybe it's a persian thing? I live here and other americans don't hold anything against me because i'm muslim. The army recruiters who come to school were more interested in recruiting me than anyone else. So i will gladly die for the people who don't hold anything against me. For every 1 anti muslim person here, there are alot more american ready to defend me against bigots. You sure are racist. Your supposed to be older than me?

Nah, not an american wannabe. I was born here. Nah, i don't have school tommorow. It's a sunday. I'm not on this website on school days. Sure i'll take a **** on your desert brothers bodies in 2 years time hopefully.

You have no compassion. I would like to see how far you will go in the army by telling the recruiter what you just wrote up there.

@Arabian Legend : You say that you don't want the US acting as the world's policemen. And yet, who came to defend your country from an Iraqi invasion in 1991, as part of operation desert shield? Who's massive armor and airpower defended Saudi against Saddam's formidable army? Who's armoured divisions cut through Iraq's republican guards like butter through knife? Who's green berets and other special forces quickly trained 30,000 Arab (Saudi, Kuwaiti and other) soldiers to defend their countries? Who's eyes in the sky prevented Iraqi aircrafts from laying waste to Saudi oil fields? In short, who formed the shield around your country in 'Desert shield'? At that time you did not have any problems with US playing global policeman, did you?

What would have happened to your country if US had simply stayed at home and "let allah sort it all out", to quote Sarah Palin? Your country wouldn't be Saudi Arabia anymore today, it would be Husseini Arabia or Tikriti Arabia or whatever.

Many countries openly welcome USA when it suits their interests, and then decries them for being global policemen. And no, I'm not trying to justify some of the unjustified conflicts USA has entered into. But then the USA is not the only country that does that, is it? And without the USA playing global policemen, most countries on the world map today would not exist.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok fine, then what about Al-qaeda in Syria? Or the US being selective here? or hypocrites because it doesn't suit their interest. Or they are happy because Al-qaeda is fighting the rebels and not Assad?

The lines in Syria are to blured to effectively strike Al Qaeda with 100 % certainty that you won't hit rebels,also you would be helping Assad with that,you'll practically be doing him a favor.The situation is complex,best they sit this one out.And,let's be honest,if Al Qaeda looses men and resources against Assad it's a plus for the West,they are probably happy about that,and why shouldn't they be?
@janon ...The desperate plea for help from the kuweiti foreign minister in a phone call to the US embassy when the iraqi invasion began:

-“Now is the time for America to come to the aid of Kuwait!” he tells US Ambassador W. Nathaniel Howell. But with no US troops in the area, it is too late-http://www.arabtimesonline.com/RSS/tabid/69/smid/414/ArticleID/198664/t/The-Arab-Times-recounts-the-Ist-day-of-the-Iraqi-invasion-of-Kuwait-on-Aug-21990/Default.aspx

And they did come.Like in Lybia,like in so many other ocassions,only to have muslims coursing them after that.Sad.Not that the americans are angels,but they aren't the "great satan" either.

Did Saddam attack westerns?
No. But bullies should be put down. Or would you rather let Iraq take Kuwait?

and where is the WMD the US were talking about?
The WMD issue is beyond your understanding.

did Al-Qaeda in Yemen attack western.
Al-Qaeda cannot exists without state sponsorship or in places where state authority is weak. As such, as long as al-Qaeda insists on waging war against US, any country that harbors al-Qaeda, implicitly or explicitly, will suffer US.

What is the US doing in Afghanistan?
For 9/11.

what they are doing in Iraq?
Clean up a mess.

Man I'm not a kid.
Yes, you are.

@Arabian Legend : You say that you don't want the US acting as the world's policemen. And yet, who came to defend your country from an Iraqi invasion in 1991, as part of operation desert shield? Who's massive armor and airpower defended Saudi against Saddam's formidable army? Who's armoured divisions cut through Iraq's republican guards like butter through knife? Who's green berets and other special forces quickly trained 30,000 Arab (Saudi, Kuwaiti and other) soldiers to defend their countries? Who's eyes in the sky prevented Iraqi aircrafts from laying waste to Saudi oil fields? In short, who formed the shield around your country in 'Desert shield'? At that time you did not have any problems with US playing global policeman, did you?

What would have happened to your country if US had simply stayed at home and "let allah sort it all out", to quote Sarah Palin? Your country wouldn't be Saudi Arabia anymore today, it would be Husseini Arabia or Tikriti Arabia or whatever.

Many countries openly welcome USA when it suits their interests, and then decries them for being global policemen. And no, I'm not trying to justify some of the unjustified conflicts USA has entered into. But then the USA is not the only country that does that, is it? And without the USA playing global policemen, most countries on the world map today would not exist.

The US defended my country against Saddam? is that supposed to be a jock? The US led-collation against the invasion of Kuwait and didn't act by itself.

WYHav.png

Read before running your mouth like others.

Why only Kuwait? Saddam would have overrun Saudi Arabia as well, without American help. Only one Saudi civilian was killed in that war, thanks to the US defence. If not...

The US defended my country against Saddam? is that supposed to be a jock? The US led-collation against the invasion of Kuwait and didn't act by itself.

And how does that invalidate my point? Yes, I know it was a coalition. But without USA's military might, that coalition could have done nothing. How many F-15s and E-3s and F-14s continuously flew over arab skies, how many American tanks and armoured vehicles rolled out of Arabia? How many JSTARs supported gground ops? How many spec ops were launched by USA to hunt down and destroy scud launchers before they could strike Saudi Arabia or Israel?

I am not saying US did it single handedly, but without the US there, it would have been a very different story. Yes, they played "global policeman" - a role which you apparently hate them for - to help defend your country. It is most definitely not a joke. (Sometimes the truth is the funniest thing in the world.)

And before you ask me to read, have YOU read the page you linked? It will teach you some gratitude, and explain to you the mammoth resources in blood and money the US spent to keep Saudi safe.

Soon after his conquest of Kuwait, Saddam began verbally attacking the Saudis. He argued that the U.S.-supported Saudi state was an illegitimate and unworthy guardian of the holy cities of Mecca and Medina. He combined the language of the Islamist groups that had recently fought in Afghanistan with the rhetoric Iran had long used to attack the Saudis.[72]

Acting on the Carter Doctrine's policy, and out of fear the Iraqi Army could launch an invasion of Saudi Arabia, U.S. President George H. W. Bush quickly announced that the U.S. would launch a "wholly defensive" mission to prevent Iraq from invading Saudi Arabia under the codename Operation Desert Shield. Operation Desert Shield began on 7 August 1990 when U.S. troops were sent to Saudi Arabia due also to the request of its monarch, King Fahd, who had earlier called for U.S. military assistance.[73] This "wholly defensive" doctrine was quickly abandoned when, on 8 August, Iraq declared Kuwait to be Iraq's 19th province and Saddam named his cousin, Ali Hassan Al-Majid, as its military-governor.[74]

The U.S. Navy dispatched two naval battle groups built around the aircraft carriers USS Dwight D. Eisenhower and USS Independence to the Gulf, where they were ready by 8 August. The U.S. also sent the battleships USS Missouri and USS Wisconsin to the region. A total of 48 U.S. Air Force F-15s from the 1st Fighter Wing at Langley Air Force Base, Virginia, landed in Saudi Arabia, and immediately commenced round the clock air patrols of the Saudi–Kuwait–Iraq border to discourage further Iraqi military advances. They were joined by 36 F-15 A-Ds from the 36th Tactical Fighter Wing at Bitburg, Germany. The Bitburg contingent was based at Al Kharj Air Base, approximately 1-hour southeast of Riyadh. The 36th TFW would be responsible for 11 confirmed Iraqi Air Force aircraft shot down during the war. There were also two Air National Guard units stationed at Al Kharj Air Base, the South Carolina Air National Guard's 169th Fighter Wing flew bombing missions with 24 F-16s flying 2,000 combat missions and dropping 4 million pounds of munitions, and the New York Air National Guard's 174th Fighter Wing from Syracuse flew 24 F-16s on bombing missions. Military buildup continued from there, eventually reaching 543,000 troops, twice the number used in the 2003 invasion of Iraq. Much of the material was airlifted or carried to the staging areas via fast sealift ships, allowing a quick buildup.

In other words, US forces to defend Saudi totaled more than twice the US personnel involved in the 2003 invasion of Iraq. Ten Saudi militaries could not have done what the US military dod for your country. It is easy to apply epithets like "global policeman" to the US, when it is precisely that role which is keeping many countries, including your, alive.

WYHav.png

Holy sh*t the delusions from these Saudis are simply beyond comprehension. The word coalition is just to give it more legitimacy. Otherwise it was very much the US, UK and France that came to your rescue. But mainly the US.
All Saudi forces are trained by the US and is an extension of them.
And after the war, why did you allow US military precense on your own soil? Couldnt fulfill your own security needs?

Smarten up you silly IQ-exempt lizard.

The invasion of Kuwait took place in the 90s and the invasion of Iraq was in 2003.

The WMD issue is beyond your understanding.
No its not, It was a dirty and stupid like Mr. Bush. Tell me what I don't know Im all ears.

Al-Qaeda cannot exists without state sponsorship or in places where state authority is weak. As such, as long as al-Qaeda insists on waging war against US, any country that harbors al-Qaeda, implicitly or explicitly, will suffer US.

What about Syria? Or al-Qaeda in Syria seems friendly to you. Also what about civilians getting bombed by drones, Are they Al-qaeda too.

For 9/11.

4 aircrafts taking off from different airports at different time considering the distance and the US failed to counter that, sure it was Al-qaeda behind that?

Clean up a mess.

The mess that you guys created.

Yes, you are.

Better than you, you are shooting in the air and making a jock out of yourself.

Why only Kuwait? Saddam would have overrun Saudi Arabia as well, without American help. Only one Saudi civilian was killed in that war, thanks to the US defence. If not...

Actually, ~20 Saudis died during the battle of Khafji.

If there weren't 600k Iraqi marching toward Kuwait, there wouldn't have been a war. KSA coursed with them as a part of the colaition, unless you want to change history, then I guess I wouldn't be surprised as Iranians are well-known for manipulating history.

Holy sh*t the delusions from these Saudis are simply beyond comprehension. The word coalition is just to give it more legitimacy. Otherwise it was very much the US, UK and France that came to your rescue. But mainly the US.
All Saudi forces are trained by the US and is an extension of them.
And after the war, why did you allow US military precense on your own soil? Couldnt fulfill your own security needs?

Smarten up you silly IQ-exempt lizard.

Thanks! This is how civilized the avarge Iranians are.

If there weren't 600k Iraqi marching toward Kuwait, there wouldn't have been a war. KSA coursed with them as a part of the colaition, unless you want to change history, then I guess I wouldn't be surprised as Iranians are well-known for manipulating history.

Thanks! This is how civilized the avarge Iranians are.

I represent only myself. Im very civilized once you get to know me. :D
Also, I havent eaten yet, so Im a little cranky. lol

@janon Spare me you nonsense, What happened during the invasion of Kuwait was different story, it was based on UN resolution where most of UN members voted for.

Why don't you do it. Your the arab. Why should my countrymen risk there lives for arab garbage that's gonna fight us anyway after we free your ***. Go risk your saudi *** and save your desert brothers.
Who ask you to invade countries? I thought AQIM in Libya are freedom fighters as you said.

Why when you capture a country like Libya,the people who resist become terrorists?
For Iraq, the post-Saddam government awarded contracts to China, Russia, and a list of European companies. Where was the US theft? And what natural resource did we stole from Libya?

Sources, please. And it must show we stole the oil.

You've killed millions of iraqis and you want people to thank you? If you could steal you would, but you have been kicked out by the iraqi resistance.

Stealing iraqi oil is what you did first: the first buildings to be rebuild in Iraq were oil picts.

@janon Spare me you nonsense, What happened during the invasion of Kuwait was different story, it was based on UN resolution where most of UN members voted for.

Well, "my nonsense" as you put it is on the very same page you asked me to read. Care to explain which sentence of mine was factually incorrect or nonsensical? Instead of simply applying that epithet?

Civilians?

I represent only myself. Im very civilized once you get to know me. :D
Also, I havent eaten yet, so Im a little cranky. lol

This is what most of you say all the time, I find it no surprising though feelings are mutually shared.

Well, "my nonsense" as you put it is on the very same page you asked me to read. Care to explain which sentence of mine was factually incorrect or nonsensical? Instead of simply applying that epithet?

Civilians?

We lost human beings, not animals. Ever loss was a waste to us be it Americans, Saudis, Israelis or whatever.

This is what most of you say all the time, I find it no surprising though feelings are mutually shared.

If we do that "all the time", its really no different to what you are doing. Tit for tat

So we've established that we both hate each other. Great.
Now lets hang out and share a sesam-cake lol

Back
Top Bottom