What's new

US Navy Boosts Gulf Presence

This is what you get when some weirdos on the other side of the Gulf threatens to shut the strait of Hermiuz.

June 22, 2012

“Iran is one of the few remaining countries that’s entirely dependent on transporting crude oil through the Straits, so that leaves Iran, Kuwait and Qatar to be exposed to the shut down of the straits.”

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-...ll-ready-within-six-months.html#ixzz2YI8H8KdB

http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-...s-readies-oil-export-detour-avoid-hormuz.html

--------------

It is up and running.

Just wait for the Etihad rail and completion of the GCC rail network and Kuwait and Qatar can also use it.

You forget, its not only about oil.

Jebel ali port
Faw port

These are&will be busy ports in the future, closing the strait has big consequences even if you have alternatives for oil, anyway doubt it will be closed, these 2 countries will continue their wars in other countries ( proxy wars )..

“Iran is one of the few remaining countries that’s entirely dependent on transporting crude oil through the Straits, so that leaves Iran, Kuwait and Qatar to be exposed to the shut down of the straits.”.

You might want to take a look at ME and Persian gulf map some times, Iran also has a coast in Oman sea and Indian ocean, we can bypass the strait if we ever need to do so.

I'm 100% against any attack on Iran's nuclear facilities, period. But if Iran is attacked by the US, I believe that the latter will take some countermeasures to prevent Iran from closing the strait.

And Iran will also think of some surprise counter-countermeasures.every country has a strategy.:azn:
what interest does Iran have in that strait other than disturbing the whole world economy. If the US attack Iran from the Arab gulf means GCC are involved and that is a different story. But as I said multiple times here, If the US wants to attack Iran then Iraq, Afghanistan and Azerbaijan are much more closer to Iran and will save us both the headache. Another thing, If the US wants to attack Iran, the attack will be air to ground hits and not Iraq style. So please make some analysis before babbling..Heck China might be the first one to knock you down.

Even threatening to close the strait in a war, can send oil prices sky high which will hurt U.S and European economies in their already weakened economy.
Btw, no attack on Iran will happen, I assure you.These are just some unlikely scenarios.hence there is no need to close the strait.

You forget, its not only about oil.

Jebel ali port
Faw port

These are&will be busy ports in the future, closing the strait has big consequences even if you have alternatives for oil, anyway doubt it will be closed, these 2 countries will continue their wars in other countries ( proxy wars )..

The fake Iranian Wannabe-Arab Mullah's do not even dare to close the Strait of Hurmuz so there is not even a point discussing all this.

Besides:

t5ojnc.jpg

They messed up the African map though and put Sudan as Ethiopia and Egypt as Sudan. Ethiopia does not even have a coastline to begin with let alone to the beautiful Red Sea.:omghaha:

Otherwise the map is correct.

Shutting the straits will hurt Iran more as that will affect their oil exports,also if Iran lays mines thats going to affect UAE and other countries exports, isnt that a declaration of war to those countries too?

I never said that Iran won't come up with a strategy to defend itself. I'm saying that I'm against any military action being taking against it.

The US has lethal capabilities, believe me, it can take Iran + the whole region if needed.
And Iran will also think of some surprise counter-countermeasures.every country has a strategy.:azn:
Btw, no attack on Iran will happen, I assure you.These are just some unlikely scenarios.hence there is no need to close the strait.

Why do you think that there won't be no attack on Iran?

Even threatening to close the strait in a war, can send oil prices sky high which will hurt U.S and European economies in their already weakened economy.

Sending oil prices high will not drop in Iran's interest. Have you considered after math? The whole world will gather against you and China will be the first one. Not a good Idea is it? It will be suicidal.

I wonder which is more effective 12m long boat armed with missiles that the latest israel tech could not counter and torpedoes with 250km/h speed vs 52m ships equipped with 25mm cannon and .50 machine gun

ever heared AL-SULAYYIL missile base :yay:

yes with the ghauri missiles heard a while ago :bounce:

they have no choice dear one side we have f-16s mirages other side missiles and powerfull army and in sae french made submarines ans US made destroyers frigates and we have rulers which never knee down . look at my profile he was intelligence chief of ISI a best friend of turkey bin faysel .the best general in pak army always he won . turkey came to his office and he welcome him without any notice . and turkey bin faysal ask him may i come in sir ? if you have Pomegranate juice and BITTER MELON with meat cooked :woot:

and general akhter abudlrehman always said yes why not welcome in turkey

generalakhtarabdulrahman.jpg

unfortunatly he was martyred :cry:

The DF-3A was replaced by a modern version a few years ago.

I don't think the Ghauri has been phased out yet. I'm just saying that the RSAD operate a bunch of missiles to the Ghauri solely.
DF-3A and......?

+ i dont think there are still ghauris there because they are being phased out of the service

The more I think about it the more I realize that Pakistan will be our closest friend among the non-Arab nations and the closest Muslim superpower by far. I never got along badly with one single Pakistani and I know probably close to 50 Pakistanis closely - many of them since the very childhood.

KSA and Pakistan will always have a special relationship no matter who rules us. The common people. Even the Pakistanis here who are critical of us Arabs and Muslims do it or at least try to do it with manner (for most parts) unlike some others here and much of it steams from ignorance since the Arabian Peninsula is a very diverse place that many Arabs do not even fully understand let alone the whole Arab and Semitic world. The Arab world is probably one of the most complicated regions, full of contradictions, ancient and often not easily understood history. Going from Yemen to UAE is like going from New York to Rome in terms of differences historically wise. Whole regions could be separate countries. So why should we Arabs here even be angry with such comments when we don't even fully understand our own world?

I have realized this after dealing with Pakistanis for most of my life and this forum has not changed the opinion despite heated discussions sometimes.

I can't really think of a non-Arab country that even reaches Pakistan. I just can't.

Just wanted to say this before I forget it. Oh, and I really hope to visit Pakistan soon. Let me also say that Pakistan is held with extremely high regards in KSA and in general the Arab world.

Whatever any of our future rulers do then you Pakistanis should know that we Arabs will support you or at least us Saudis because we will not forget our deeply tied relation or the Pakistani people that we have shared country with for many decades now and always will.

:pakistan:

Back
Top Bottom