What's new

US knocks on a closed door seeking to extend Iran arms embargo - Russia’s UN envoy

exactly this is was my point sir they should got some 50 B-777 30 A-310S 50 A320 AND 30turbo. but they rush to Boeing and airbus like kings and their order was delivered only few ATRs and here sanctions come . now they are riding same old donkey . India /Vietnam/leasing companies and some western carriers offering same time some good 5 years old b777s but Iranians were high on sky .
Well, the point was there was this solid agreement, signed by all the relevant world powers, including the US. Any other nation would have acted exactly the same way as Iran and go on a luxurious shopping spree.

Iran knew the US was unreliable, but not on this insane level.

What mismanagement? Care to elaborate?

On the topic, I think Iran should buy 10 Chengdu J-20 fighters and ask China for ToT of 4+ generation jet fighters.
iran airline industry was crippled loaded with ages old 747s 310s and russian jets .

when you order new airliner you have to wait few years for delivery . what iran did was massive orders of new jeliners but no short term plan for replace old airliners with mid age or 5 years old used airliners . iran should order both new and used in case sanctions come back iran today have mid age jets in hands . but iranians just trusted USA so much and here come back sanction only few i think 13 french ATR was delivered rest all went in drain . today again they are riding some 35 years old a310s and md-82 and 747s .it was discussed at many forums . we was expecting quick 50 b-777s used will be first order for saving iranians for next 20 years .

iran airline industry was crippled loaded with ages old 747s 310s and russian jets .

when you order new airliner you have to wait few years for delivery . what iran did was massive orders of new jeliners but no short term plan for replace old airliners with mid age or 5 years old used airliners . iran should order both new and used in case sanctions come back iran today have mid age jets in hands . but iranians just trusted USA so much and here come back sanction only few i think 13 french ATR was delivered rest all went in drain . today again they are riding some 35 years old a310s and md-82 and 747s .it was discussed at many forums . we was expecting quick 50 b-777s used will be first order for saving iranians for next 20 years .

Can't the Iranians' pull out of the agreement, also did they pay upfront for the deal?

Well, the point was there was this solid agreement, signed by all the relevant world powers, including the US. Any other nation would have acted exactly the same way as Iran and go on a luxurious shopping spree.

Iran knew the US was unreliable, but not on this insane level.
and time proved there was nothing solid even air bus stopped order and now its darkness again . every airliners lover is worry of poor Iranians whom fly these dangerous jetliners daily .average age of fleet is now 18.4 years of gov own airline .

Yup. You're right.

By the way, not that it makes any difference to the situation of our civilian airlines over all, but we did receive like 3 brand-new Airbus airplanes after the JCPOA.

Iran recieved 2 new A330-200's from France. I think thats it.

https://financialtribune.com/articles/domestic-economy/61197/iran-air-receives-2nd-new-airbus

Yup. You're right.

By the way, not that it makes any difference to the situation of our civilian airlines over all, but we did receive like 3 brand-new Boeing airplanes after the JCPOA.
sir iran need some 100 airliners at that time many was ready to sale 5-7 years old jets but iran never even consider it .

Yup. You're right.

By the way, not that it makes any difference to the situation of our civilian airlines over all, but we did receive like 3 brand-new Airbus airplanes after the JCPOA.
I hope that Iran just paid for the delivered goods.

iran recived also ATR-72 sir last day of sanction some 7 fly all togathers to iran .

ATR-72-600-IranAir%20-%20lr.jpg

sir iran need some 100 airliners at that time many was ready to sale 5-7 years old jets but iran never even consider it .
Yes, I understood you and you're absolutely right.

Honestly, the Rouhani administration advertised the JCPOA as a huge victory for his administration. The very fact that he spent more than 20 billion dollars on airplanes is an indication of the purchases being irrationally influenced by politics.

Well, better than nothing. Hope we learn from this mistake.
now its happen it was a chance after many years . viet and indian 15 b-777s were cheap and some 15 in numbers . it was very good chance for iran to get rid of a-310s and 747 with in few days .

i think iran is getting ready for orders to china and russia
thats what i was thinking . Iran is surely getting aid in its development of its Karrar tank which is quite similar to Russias t90 . moreover the drone technology and surface surface to surface missiles give a hint that there must be some cooperation at some stage . Iran also most probably signed of 10 billion$ deal with russia in 2016 which included t90 and su 30 which would have materialized in 2022 when the arms embargo was to end. However the russians arent reliable due to israeli influence they might go for Chines J10s and chinese cooperation in other fields but i think jf17 is a better cost effective solution for them however due to economic relations between india and iran and rising border tensions bw pak iran they may not consider it,moreover Pakistan can not stand upto the international pressure and aid embargo if it does cooperate with iran

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom