What's new

US Government vs Congress: Sale of F16s to Pakistan

This is good.
We need to invest in PAC and make our own with some collaboration ! Sometimes a lesson is learnt the hard way.

Please come out of the emotional bubble. There is no room for it at the international stage. This is a buisness transaction and nothing more. Learn to be pragmatic. Pakistan should do what it feels is best and feasible for this deal.

Oh yes? We all know who played this game and who was jealous for this deal? When we know we can buy same jets from different countries. Then what is the point to beg USA?
Self respect is not limited to an individual, but a nation as well.
We have another option and we can avail it. Then why?

the money is puny for nawaz .. thats equal to his one month income

oh sorry its in dollars,.
lol

he should be put back to his medicine and sleep
he talks nonsense.. buying F-16s from someone else is only possible if that country is selling it and there is American after sale support available for spare parts

Sir he's not talking about F-16 But other jets Options available (Dawn News updated the Article) :D

I see no problem with this. We cannot expect the US to give us F-16's and for them to pay for half of it. If we cannot pay, that sucks, but no need to be all sulky.

In my opinion, we should just buy used American F-16's as the F-35 replaces them. This will be a wise choice, as they will be cheap and face nowhere near as stiff opposition whilst also quickly replace our older fighters.

Or we could buy the Su-35.

The latter seems to be the more likely outcome.

The only loser here is Lockheed who will have to shut down F-16 production lines,due to lack of new orders.
Pakistan wasn't desperate for these F-16s in the first place. USA themselves offered and they themselves withdrew. It's highly unlikely that Pakistan will even consider paying 700 million for 8 F-16.
Good for USA . They can ask India to compensate them.

Oh yes? We all know who played this game and who was jealous for this deal? When we know we can buy same jets from different countries. Then what is the point to beg USA?

No country can sell their F-16s to any other country without US approval.

Yanks military aid to an apartheid nuclear armed state of Israel exceeds over a 100 billion dollars and yet these so called senators are crying over a few 100 millions being used in order to facilitate 8 F-16's.

Seriously I would be celebrating the day we finally severe our ties completely with this war mongering state of America, how much have we suffered to side with this state over the years and imagine how strong we would have been if we had sided with Russia or had as brotherly relations with them as we have with China.

No one is begging anyone. If you went to buy a car wouldn't you want the best deal from the car dealer? If you wanted the car price marked down would that be considered begging? You will do what is best for your wallet. I don't know why we forget that when it comes to the international business deals.

Pakistan's self respect and character is much bigger to be hindered by such petty weapons deals.

Silly fellows, DONT know until when you guys will cry for F16.
i do not know when you guys and our PAF higher authorities will learn,
i think all of you are waiting for the sanction. and this will happen now or at the time of war.

i Wish our poor government will not be able to arrange the funds to let this deal end.
so we will have chance to think or at least can look elsewhere for new fighter.

Bravado aside, It is a tricky situation for Pakistan, one that needs to be handled with a lot of care. let's not forget that the only front-line fighter that PAF is the F-16. These airplanes still need up-gradation and spares. Yes spares can be sourced from other countries but then if this is your only front-line fighter there is peace-of-mind when you know you can get them whenever you need them.

the lollywood dialogues don't help. U.S did it's part in offering the planes, if Pak doesn't have the money, politely decline the offer. All this drama may and talk about getting it from some where else is counter productive.

Depending on the package these 8 may still be a good deal. I don't think Pakistan has the money to induct a new platform and the logistics involved. Even if Pakistan has the money, there is no option at the moment other than the Chinese.

F16 is still better than anything we have and it does not require new training or so. Thats why it is opted. There is reason it is still prefered by Pakistan Airforce. we have no idea about these platform more than any PAF official.

Rip off.

700 million is not small change and 8 planes is too few. No choice but to rely on indigenous aircraft.

Back
Top Bottom