What's new

US forces leave ‘critical’ Iraqi base due to war of attrition

That is nicely put and I agree with that view.

However, Americans have a solid footing in the Middle East courtesy of their allies in Iraq and elsewhere, and therefore efforts to oust them from the Middle East (or Iraq at bear minimum) might not bear fruit. This wasn't the case in Vietnam where they had to rely upon largely incompetent South Vietnamese to give them space in their part of the world.

Iranian efforts to oust American forces from the Middle East = unrealistic goal for them. The maximum they can hope to achieve is that US will restructure its forces in Iraq and reduce their numbers just in case. This restructuring will give US desired level of flexibility to consider additional set of options vis-a-vis countering Iran and its proxies in the region. Iranian clergy is not very smart (unfortunately or fortunately); they do not realize that they aren't the only ones to pull strings across the Middle East.
First off you have to punch above your weight....because you're dealing with a super power with no moral center anymore...they're Frankenstein unleashed. ANy country countering it would be punching above it's weight. My friend the America of the last century that you're so foggingly in love with is no more.....accept that reality. Furthermore, how many times have you predicted Iran getting it's collective *** handed to them before? While you've been busy applauding the U.S. military might....we've liberated Syria, and Iraq has signaled they want the U.S. to leave. No victories, eh? Where is the big bad U.S. campaign that will bomb us to the stone ages? The U.S. and European economies are on the brink of collapse....they only they will be saved from a great recession is if someone makes a vaccine and makes it fast....the unemployment here is soaring....the stockmarket has basically crashed. Meanwhile Iran is still ticking....the PMU's are still harassing them daily, raising the cost for them to occupy Iraq.........let me make this clear.....none of you M.E. countries, Pakistan,India, Turkey (forget the Arabs they're basically America's bitch at this point) and I mean none of you has countered the U.S. and the West like Iran has, heck, we've now shown the world how to counter them. So you go on predicting Iran's doom and eventual flattening while they work to remove the outsiders from our region.

Last edited:
First off you have to punch above your weight....because you're dealing with a super power with no moral center anymore...they're Frankenstein unleashed. ANy country countering it would be punching above it's weight. My friend the America of the last century that you're so foggingly in love with is no more.....accept that reality. Furthermore, how many times have you predicted Iran getting it's collective *** handed to them before? While you've been busy applauding the U.S. military might....we've liberated Syria, and Iraq has signaled they want the U.S. to leave. No victories, eh? Where is the big bad U.S. campaign that will bomb us to the stone ages? The U.S. and European economies are on the brink of collapse....they only they will be saved from a great recession is if someone makes a vaccine and makes it fast....the unemployment here is soaring....the stockmarket has basically crashed. Meanwhile Iran is still ticking....the PMU's are still harassing them daily, raising the cost for them to occupy Iraq.........let me make this clear.....none of you M.E. countries, Pakistan,India, Turkey (forget the Arabs they're basically America's bitch at this point) and I mean none of you has countered the U.S. and the West like Iran has, heck, we've now showed the world how to counter them. So you go on predicting Iran's doom and eventual flattening while they work to remove the outsiders from our region.

Long time no see Kastor! hopefully everything is going well and you're in good health. Eideh shomah mobarak, that goes for everyone else as well!!

I would implore you not to engage with LeGend on this matter whatsoever, the dude is as much of an American plant/fanboy as you can get on this site (kind of remarkably really). He will not budge on his positions, not even a little. To him Iran is and will be, for quite some time, small beans in comparison the United States militarily and apparently geo-politically as well. Moreover, I sincerely don't think he gives two shits for opinions that differ from his own perspective about the U.S.; If it ain't something along the lines of "Murica smash all in war, they win all the time, just look at the pretty bombers!!" then you're just wasting your time. Just you wait, he will bring up 91' Desert Storm and something about Saddam's Iraq soon enough if you keep engaging in dialogue with him.

Last edited:
Long time no see Kastor! hopefully everything is going well and you're in good health. Eideh shomah mobarak, that goes for everyone else as well!!

I would implore you not to engage with LeGend on this matter whatsoever, the dude is as much of an American plant/fanboy as you can get on this site (kind of remarkably really). He will not budge on his positions, not even a little. To him Iran is and will be, for quite some time, small beans in comparison the United States militarily and apparently geo-politically as well. Moreover, I sincerely don't think he gives two shits for opinions that differ from his own perspective about the U.S.; If it ain't something along the lines of "Murica smash all in war, they win all the time look at the bombers!!" then you're just wasting your time. Just you wait, he will bring up 91' Desert Storm and something about Saddam's Iraq soon enough if you keep engage in dialogue with him.

The amount of America worshippers on this forum, especially Pakistani, is unreal. It's fundamentally a hatred of Islam and west worshipping.

I would implore you not to engage with LeGend on this matter whatsoever, the dude is as much of an American plant/fanboy as you can get on this site (kind of remarkably really). He will not budge on his positions, not even a little. To him Iran is and will be, for quite some time, small beans in comparison the United States militarily and apparently geo-politically as well. Moreover, I sincerely don't think he gives two shits for opinions that differ from his own perspective about the U.S.; If it ain't something along the lines of "Murica smash all in war, they win all the time look at the bombers!!" then you're just wasting your time. Just you wait, he will bring up 91' Desert Storm and something about Saddam's Iraq soon enough if you keep engage in dialogue with him.
I am not an American plant here, do not post rubbish. You do not follow my posts, and therefore, you have no idea that I am actually a conservative Muslim, and there are several themes in which I have disagreements with Americans.

NOW; why should I be Anti-American (or Anti-[any country]) for the sake of appeasing anybody here? I am a proponent of PEACE only.

Regarding American military might (or that of any country); it is obvious from the responses of scores of Iranian members that most of you are not open to understanding this theme on an academic/scientific basis. Most of you live in a bubble reality, so be it.

All I would say that these are terrible times in which Muslims are split on political and ideological grounds and busy killing each other - do you realize how bad this is? CORRUPTION; MISCHIEF; LACK OF TOLERANCE everywhere.

Wish you all the best in your crusade against USA. I see another chapter of tragedy unfolding - for Muslims at large.

The amount of America worshippers on this forum, especially Pakistani, is unreal. It's fundamentally a hatred of Islam and west worshipping.
Are you thekedar of people's faith here? Hatred of Islam? Come out of your bubble really.

First off you have to punch above your weight....because you're dealing with a super power with no moral center anymore...they're Frankenstein unleashed. ANy country countering it would be punching above it's weight. My friend the America of the last century that you're so foggingly in love with is no more.....accept that reality. Furthermore, how many times have you predicted Iran getting it's collective *** handed to them before? While you've been busy applauding the U.S. military might....we've liberated Syria, and Iraq has signaled they want the U.S. to leave. No victories, eh? Where is the big bad U.S. campaign that will bomb us to the stone ages? The U.S. and European economies are on the brink of collapse....they only they will be saved from a great recession is if someone makes a vaccine and makes it fast....the unemployment here is soaring....the stockmarket has basically crashed. Meanwhile Iran is still ticking....the PMU's are still harassing them daily, raising the cost for them to occupy Iraq.........let me make this clear.....none of you M.E. countries, Pakistan,India, Turkey (forget the Arabs they're basically America's bitch at this point) and I mean none of you has countered the U.S. and the West like Iran has, heck, we've now showed the world how to counter them. So you go on predicting Iran's doom and eventual flattening while they work to remove the outsiders from our region.
Well friend,

You are entitled to your views, and I respect that. However, I see more blood being spilled for a cause without end which is very unfortunate. Societies which do not learn from history are bound to repeat same mistakes which ruined others - I consider this a Cycle of SHAME. All the best.

Last edited:
Ultimately USA would have to move out of Iraq and very soon from saudia as well. The Coronavirus is surly to ruin USA economy, along with saudia descending in to internal power struggle on planed transition for mbs.

It's just...idk, the United States isn't something to praise, it really isn't in my opinion, we have many good things but we also have MANY bad things as well. Americans have so many problems as a nation here that I won't have enough time to even begin to explain them all yet so many non-Americans worship the United States as if it's the end of the line or something.

Although I know what you meant when you said the following that America worship is fundamentally a hatred of Islam, you said something rather important, "fundamentally a hatred of Islam" although the United State doesn't officially hate muslims, its actions have directly caused the death of millions of Muslims in the Middle East as well as destabilizing and heavily contributing to the destruction of many Muslim nations. I'm not religious myself, nor am I trying to start some sectarian/religious flame-war in this thread but America's actions speak for itself in spades. Not mentioning this fact when talking about America's actions in the Middle East doesn't seem right.

Personally Jamal, I want the bloodshed to end, I want these wars that plague the world to cease but that really isn't a feasible reality. I don't hate anyone whatever their religion or creed happens to be just sad that's all....

Last edited:
It's just...idk, the United States isn't something to praise, it really isn't in my opinion, we have many good things but we also have MANY bad things as well. Americans have so many problems as a nation here that I won't have enough time to even begin to explain them all yet so many non-Americans worship the United States as if it's the end of the line or something.

Although I know what you meant when you said the following that America worship is fundamentally a hatred of Islam, you said something rather important, "fundamentally a hatred of Islam" although the United State doesn't officially hate muslims, its actions have directly caused the death of millions of Muslims in the Middle East as well as destabilizing and heavily contributing to the destruction of many Muslim nations. I'm not religious myself, nor am I trying to start some sectarian/religious flame-war in this thread but America's actions speak for itself in spades. Not mentioning this fact when talking about America's actions in the Middle East doesn't seem right.

Personally Jamal, I want the bloodshed to end, I want these wars that plague the world to cease but that really isn't a feasible reality. I don't hate anyone whatever their religion or creed happens to be just sad that's all....

There was a speech by Gadafi, a view I have heard echoed many times, that the Americans are good ppeople, but the country has been taken over by Zionists. Endless wars for Israel; millions dead by war and sanctions. A country that is the greatest war monger in the world. It has bombed dozens of countries, and believes it is above any sort of rule of law. How any person, let alone a muslim, can support this country is beyond me.

There are many Americans who share your views, but a Zionist controlled media simply villifies and demonises them.

There was a speech by Gadafi, a view I have heard echoed many times, that the Americans are good ppeople, but the country has been taken over by Zionists. Endless wars for Israel; millions dead by war and sanctions. A country that is the greatest war monger in the world. It has bombed dozens of countries, and believes it is above any sort of rule of law. How any person, let alone a muslim, can support this country is beyond me.

There are many Americans who share your views, but a Zionist controlled media simply villifies and demonises them.
Multiple countries have blood in their hands and the list includes UK, Iraq and Iran. You must be living under a rock if you assume otherwise. American and Soviet interventions - both had devastating consequences for the Islamic bloc at large; Soviet interventions produced far greater cascading effects in comparison. Soviet's successor in Russia is no better. It is just that you FAIL to see things in correct manner.

Remember this simple saying: It takes two to make quarrel.

Regarding Zionism; I bet you do not know much about its roots (Russian).

Blaming one entity for all ills in the world is flat-out wrong and hallmark of a confused mindset. CORRUPTION and MISCHIEF are global issues.

Last edited:
Multiple countries have blood in their hands and the list includes UK, Iraq and Iran. You must be living under a rock if you assume otherwise. American and Soviet interventions - both had devastating consequences for the Islamic bloc at large; Soviet interventions produced far greater cascading effects in comparison. Soviet's successor in Russia is no better. It is just that you FAIL to see things in correct manner.

Remember this simple saying: It takes two to make quarrel.

Regarding Zionism; I bet you do not know much about its roots (Russian).

Blaming one entity for all ills in the world is flat-out wrong and hallmark of a confused mindset. CORRUPTION and MISCHIEF are global issues.

I think it's you that is living under a rock. The scale of damage inflicted by the US is far greater than any other country. A million killed in the sanctions on Iraq, not to mention the sanctions on North Korea and Venezuela. 500.000 Iraqis killed in the conflict after the invasions. Do the maths.

I simply cannot comprehend what possesses you to have such blinkers on regarding US behaviour.

I think it's you that is living under a rock. The scale of damage inflicted by the US is far greater than any other country. A million killed in the sanctions on Iraq, not to mention the sanctions on North Korea and Venezuela. 500.000 Iraqis killed in the conflict after the invasions. Do the maths.

I simply cannot comprehend what possesses you to have such blinkers on regarding US behaviour.
I am not excusing American excesses here, but what about excesses of Saddam regime?

IRAQ - IRAN war (1980 - 1988) - although Iranian clergy was partly responsible
The Halabja massacre with chemical weapons (1980)
Invading Kuwait (1990 - 1991)

No big deal, right?

I see an irresponsible Iraqi establishment which brought doom to its nation. In this, is a lesson for other irresponsible regimes as well.

Your one-dimensional view of these matters is problematic, my friend. You need to think more clearly.

My suggestion is that you study Surah al-Isra to understand how Allah Almighty punish corrupt nations/regimes for causing mischief - nations/regimes of believers in particular who were supposed to be on the right path.

Last edited:

Just a small example of American benevolence.
  • Korean war
  • Vietnam War
  • The bombing of Laos and Cambodia.
  • Multiple forays into Iraq resulting into, again, millions dead, 500,000 children alone died from sanctions
  • Nuking Hiroshima and Nagasaki
  • Using chemical agents and having the gull to criticize others about the use of chemical weapons
  • Endless drone operations which have killed and maimed thousands of civilians
  • Countless CIA operations in South America resulting in many coups and rebellions which killed thousands
  • Supplying known terrorist organizations indirectly or directly causing mayhem across the middle
  • Protecting Israel at all costs, giving Israel near immunity to any meaningful measure enacted against them at the U.N.
  • Unnecessary and inhumane sanctions against Iran leading to harsh suffering
  • So much more....So much fucking more.....
Look, the aforementioned points are but a few realties you can call upon to aid in damning the U.S. as a force of objective evil in the world if one wants to take that stance. I no longer believe in the whole "America is best, we numbah one, America is always right" bullshit since I'm now older and hollow patriotism doesn't interested me any-longer. If anything patriotism is earned not given just because one is born to some arbitrary country.

Iran sucks make no mistake (they have many, many problems) but it isn't even remotely as destructive as America has been since the second-half of the last century up until now. Who knows, we stand on the edge of yet another conflict in the Middle East except this time the Magical Holy soldiers who can do no wrong (U.S. armed forces) will finally go after the big one, Iran.

I am not excusing American excesses here, but what about excesses of Saddam regime?

IRAQ - IRAN war (1980 - 1988) - although Iranian clergy was partly responsible
The Halabja massacre with chemical weapons (1980)
Invading Kuwait (1990 - 1991)

No big deal, right?

I see an irresponsible Iraqi establishment which brought doom to its nation. In this, is a lesson for other irresponsible regimes as well.

Your one-dimensional view of these matters is problematic, my friend. You need to think more clearly.

My suggestion is that you study Surah al-Isra to understand how Allah Almighty punish corrupt nations/regimes for causing mischief - nations/regimes of believers in particular who were supposed to be on the right path.

The Halabja massacre? 5,000 died.

The Iran-Iraq war? You answered the question yourself. Baghdad is 100 miles from the Iranian border, the Iraqiis simply couldn't wait for an Iranian attack in what was a volatile situation for reasons of strategic depth. I don't have a dog in the fight, but you know it's not all Iraq's fault.

Invading Kuwait? You mean the 19th province that to the Iraqis is as much part of Iraq as Pakistanis think Kashmir is part of Pakistan? A province that was removed from Iraq so the British navy could have a base in the Northern Gulf?

All this doesn't compare to the Sanctions on Iraq that killed a million people, based on total lies. And a further 500,000 during and after the Invasion of Iraq?

I am no fan of Saddam and am happy he is in hell, but the evil of the Americans is on a vastly greater scale.

Like I said, do the maths.

The Halabja massacre? 5,000 died.

The Iran-Iraq war? You answered the question yourself. Baghdad is 100 miles from the Iranian border, the Iraqiis simply couldn't wait for an Iranian attack in what was a volatile situation for reasons of strategic depth. I don't have a dog in the fight, but you know it's not all Iraq's fault.

Invading Kuwait? You mean the 19th province that to the Iraqis is as much part of Iraq as Pakistanis think Kashmir is part of Pakistan? A province that was removed from Iraq so the British navy could have a base in the Northern Gulf?

All this doesn't compare to the Sanctions on Iraq that killed a million people, based on total lies. And a further 500,000 during and after the Invasion of Iraq?

I am no fan of Saddam and am happy he is in hell, but the evil of the Americans is on a vastly greater scale.

Like I said, do the maths.
Shahbaash.

You are 'rationalizing' excesses of Saddam regime; I am sure American establishment have excuses for its excesses as well. Above all, this isn't a game of statistics in which a lower count imply less bad. BAD is BAD.

This is why Muslims are in deep shit, bro. Excuses for internal rot but convenient to blame others.

I have seen the list compiled by the other member above; utterly one-sided positions absolving other forces from their excesses.

You guys have no high moral ground.

Last edited:
Just a small example of American benevolence.
  • Korean war
  • Vietnam War
  • The bombing of Laos and Cambodia.
  • Multiple forays into Iraq resulting into, again, millions dead, 500,000 children alone died from sanctions
  • Nuking Hiroshima and Nagasaki
  • Using chemical agents and having the gull to criticize others about the use of chemical weapons
  • Endless drone operations which have killed and maimed thousands of civilians
  • Countless CIA operations in South America resulting in many coups and rebellions which killed thousands
  • Supplying known terrorist organizations indirectly or directly causing mayhem across the middle
  • Protecting Israel at all costs, giving Israel near immunity to any meaningful measure enacted against them at the U.N.
  • Unnecessary and inhumane sanctions against Iran leading to harsh suffering
  • So much more....So much fucking more.....
Look, the aforementioned points are but a few realties you can call upon to aid in damning the U.S. as a force of objective evil in the world if one wants to take that stance. I no longer believe in the whole "America is best, we numbah one, America is always right" bullshit since I'm now older and hollow patriotism doesn't interested me any-longer. If anything patriotism is earned not given just because one is born to some arbitrary country.

Iran sucks make no mistake (they have many, many problems) but it isn't even remotely as destructive as America has been since the second-half of the last century up until now. Who knows, we stand on the edge of yet another conflict in the Middle East except this time the Magical Holy soldiers who can do no wrong (U.S. armed forces) will finally go after the big one, Iran.

Blue, you forgot the big one....the only nation to use Nukes against a civilian population, not once but twice. They also almost eradicated the Native Americans, Eskimos, enslaved Africans and Chinese.....oh man, this is one ugly history.....I can't bear it, I live here and work here but the truth is what it is. Iran has a much cleaner, prouder history....

PS: I forgot they unleashed Stuxnet, experts say that ultimate plan was to have a Chernobyl kind of outcome....in other words, possibly millions infected with radiation poisoning....nevermind the environmental disaster that could have rendered major areas of our country unfit for humans...these guys are not the same liberators of WW2...this is a superpower that supposedly defeated the evil empire of the USSR only to become the defacto evil empire of the 21st century themselves......I find this incredibly sad because we both know Americans, true Americans are kind, hardworking, God fearing people with a incredible can do attitude....but these governmental institutions have morphed it to something terrible....I feel like Brutus, convincing himself why he has to kill his esteemed colleague Caesar

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom