What's new

US envoy's Shaheenbagh visit attempt to interfere in Bangladesh's internal affairs: Russia

stay away democracy is coming :lol:

bombs-US-Air-Force-training-exercise-B-52.jpg

stay away democracy is coming :lol:

bombs-US-Air-Force-training-exercise-B-52.jpg

My mum tells the story of when Zia’s goons dropped thousands of pamphlets from helicopter gunships - to proclaim his magnificence 😂😂😂

A bundle fell on our “chaad” (roof) - my mum ordered the maid to use it to cook afternoon tea 😂😂

A few days later there was a sham “ha na” (yes/no) vote 🤣🤣🤣

We don’t want that kind of democracy!!!

@UKBengali

This isn't an English learning forum. Not everyone will have same level of proficiency in English. It's not his first language. People here are able to understand what he is trying to express and that's all that matters. You have no right to insult him for that.

How many languages do you know? How about you express yourself in Bangla or better yet in Sylheti?
It is called distraction, idea is to disrupt the discussion. These two sunshines been copy pasting and tagging each other.

You do the math.

I am not sure why these guys are doing it anymore as the real news is now all over, even all the left leaning groups and the so called intellectuals in Bangladesh are also against BAL.

Actually not really. Sometimes I have to make a guess what people like him actually mean.

Asking how many languages someone knows is not relevant here as this is an English Language forum and you are expected to be fluent in English to an acceptable standard in order to be able to discuss the topics.

Posters from Pakistan and India are perfectly legible in English as they actually make an effort to learn but a lot of the BD posters are lazy. If they cannot be bothered to learn English to an acceptable standard for this forum, then they should not be here.

If you aren't able to understand in certain situation, then you can ask to clarify or simply disengage from the discussion. For the most part you can read and understand what he is trying to say.

But insulting someone's English proficiency is childish and unacceptable. This was nothing but cyber bullying.

There are members from Pakistan, India and China here in PDF who struggle with English. I don't see any mods or Webmaster banning them or asking them not to post just because their proficiency is not at a higher standard.

Just curious, why do you think your opinion matters in Bangladesh? You sing God save the king not Amar sonar Bangla!

I don’t like god save the king…
Like most of my generation…we prefer “land of hope and glory”

I also don’t like sonar bangla much. Too primitive! Prefer the rubble-rousing master pieces from the liberation era.

We don’t have anything to rival La Marseillaise (French anthem) in South Asia. It’s all damp squib…

I care about Bangladesh because it is my motherland and I like the people. Bangladesh is the only hope for South Asia.

If you aren't able to understand in certain situation, then you can ask to clarify or simply disengage from the discussion. For the most part you can read and understand what he is trying to say.

But insulting someone's English proficiency is childish and unacceptable. This was nothing but cyber bullying.

There are members from Pakistan, India and China here in PDF who struggle with English. I don't see any mods or Webmaster banning them or asking them not to post just because their proficiency is not at a higher standard.

You should not have to for someone who has engaged with native speakers for many years here - they should be slowly assimilating enough language to get more and more fluent, but especially BD posters I notice seem like they are not improving.

If they are new then of course you should be patient with them and asking for clarification is not too burdensome.

Posters from Pakistan and India are on another level with their English and only Chinese posters can be compared to some of the BD posters here. Even then I have noticed that the level of English proficiency of the Chinese posters rising over time.

Sorry but I am not going to make excuses for people too damn lazy to slowly assimilate more English skills over time on pdf.

My Bangla is crap. Sylheti is basic.

Don’t bother with either because both languages are dead.

Nothing great has been written in either language this century.

West Bengali elite speak Hinglish.

Bangladeshi elite speak a bastardised form of Bangla aka Dhakaya.

I speak English. Know a bit of French and German.

Oh! Did a bit of Latin at school 😂

Read my reply above regarding cyber bullying.

As for Bangla being dead - a language used over 200 million+ people - I am simply too dumbstruck trying to figure out your thought process.

Should I be asking you to stop posting just because you post a lot of nonsense, even though they are in grammatically accurate English?

You should not have to for someone who has engaged with native speakers for many years here - they should be slowly assimilating enough language to get more and more fluent, but especially BD posters I notice seem like they are not improving.

If they are new then of course you should be patient with them and asking for clarification is not too burdensome.

Posters from Pakistan and India are on another level with their English and only Chinese posters can be compared to some of the BD posters here. Even then I have noticed that the level of English proficiency of the Chinese posters rising over time.

Sorry but I am not going to make excuses for people too damn lazy to slowly assimilate more English skills over time on pdf.

It still doesn't give anyone excuse to insult others because of their language proficiency.

Why do you think that Hasina has been able to become a quasi-dictator and BNP could only get some 10s of thousands of people into the streets of Dhaka to demand a return to democracy?
It means you support a fair and free election and not a voterless midnight election as before. Great!!! So, now ask Hasina to get elected in a fair election since millions of voters attend her meetings.

I don’t like god save the king…
Like most of my generation…we prefer “land of hope and glory”

I also don’t like sonar bangla much. Too primitive! Prefer the rubble-rousing master pieces from the liberation era.

We don’t have anything to rival La Marseillaise (French anthem) in South Asia. It’s all damp squib…

I care about Bangladesh because it is my motherland and I like the people. Bangladesh is the only hope for South Asia.
Nice. But, you didn't answer my question!

Bangladesh is the only hope for South Asia.

This is the key point and one of the best comments I have seen here on pdf since I started over a decade ago.

BD is the only S Asian country that may one day become industrialised and that can only lift the rest of S Asia up along with it.

I have been saying for around a year now that Modi and his Hinduvta goons have finally realised that BD is an equal to India and so they are treating BD more or less as an equal now. They realise that without a stable and successful BD, they also cannot become stable and more prosperous.

Read my reply above regarding cyber bullying.

As for Bangla being dead - a language used over 200 million+ people - I am simply too dumbstruck trying to figure out your thought process.

Should I be asking you to stop posting just because you post a lot of nonsense, even though they are in grammatically accurate English?

It still doesn't give anyone excuse to insult others because of their language proficiency.

A language is considered dead when nothing of note is written in it!

That’s how latin and Esperanto died as languages.

Words coming out of 200 million mouths - language does not make!

This is the key point and one of the best comments I have seen here on pdf since I started over a decade ago.

BD is the only S Asian country that may one day become industrialised and that can only lift the rest of S Asia up along with it.

I have been saying for around a year now that Modi and his Hinduvta goons have finally realised that BD is an equal to India and so they are treating BD more or less as an equal now. They realise that without a stable and successful BD, they also cannot become stable and more prosperous.

Bro!

It is not just economics.

We can teach them about tolerance of religious and racial differences!

Bangladesh is an Eden in an otherwise ethnic and caste based hell hole of a region.

A language is considered dead when nothing of note is written in it!

That’s how latin and Esperanto died as languages.

Words coming out of 200 million mouths - language does not make!

More outrageous claim to back your initial claim. How much research have you done to claim that "nothing of note" is written in Bangla? Please do share.

On a second thought - I will spare you the trouble and save my time in the process.

More outrageous claim to back your initial claim. How much research have you done to claim that "nothing of note" is written in Bangla? Please do share.

On a second thought - I will spare you the trouble and save my time in the process.

You tell me!

When was the last time a Nobel prize winning work originally published in Bangla?

Or even an international science journal like Nature.

Take your time!

You tell me!

When was the last time a Nobel prize winning work originally published in Bangla?

Or even an international science journal like Nature.

Take your time!

No I do not need to give you proof of a single thing. It is your claim, you need to back it up with proper research OR simply accept that you made yet another nonsensical claim.

Your argument's entire premise is flawed that a language needs to have something of substantial note to continue to survive. I don't agree with the premise, hence I don't need to waste my time answering any of your questions based on that same flawed premise.

Back
Top Bottom