What's new

US demand of army operation in NW REJECTED

SparklingCrescent

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
army-operation-608.JPG

The Pakistan army was effectively handling an operation against militants and it would not like to open a new front, said sources.—File photo

ISLAMABAD: A demand made by Admiral Mike Mullen to Gen Ashfaq Pervez Kayani for a military operation in North Waziristan was rejected on Thursday.

Sources told DawnNews that the Pakistan Army was effectively handling an operation against militants and it would not like to open a new front.

Gen Kayani had informed the federal government about the demand. The US was officially conveyed the message that the Pakistan Army could not conduct the operation.

No doubt in the present milieu, any new ventures could prove counter productive. I am sure our Army is alive to the developments in Afghanistan and wud not play in the hands of the US or others, whose only aim remains to save their skin and find a peaceful and honourable exit from Afghanistan!!!

A.I.I - Game to destablize Paksitan as much as they can!!! They want Pakistan like battleground!

No doubt in the present milieu, any new ventures could prove counter productive. I am sure our Army is alive to the developments in Afghanistan and wud not play in the hands of the US or others, whose only aim remains to save their skin and find a peaceful and honourable exit from Afghanistan!!!

If you guys don't do it then they themself will do it. If you respond by closing the route things might go ugly which might detoriate more if any terrorist attack attempt (successful or un-successful) happens in US which Pakistan cannot afford. You know what I mean.

Yes we know but we also know that the Mighty US is also on its all four as are we. If they had some nuts left they wud have surely launched an operation in Kandhar, which had been thoroughly planned and propagated; however, when the time came the NATO and the US chickened out. I hope u know that Kandhar is the epicenter of insurgency in Afghanistan????

What Pakistan wants: US aid

Flow of US aid and presence of its troops serve Pakistan's long-range aim of thwarting its archenemy, India.

Analysts say Pakistan's generals fear a conclusive Taliban defeat will lead to a reduction in US interest and aid, and so have supported the group's three main Afghan factions – the Quetta Shura, the Haqqani network, and the forces of Gulbuddin Hekmatyar – to give themselves leverage in deciding Afghanistan's future.

Ultimately, Pakistan – particularly now that it's trying to recover from devastating floods – understands that it needs the US for economic support far more than the US needs Pakistan.

What Pakistan wants: US aid - CSMonitor.com

The United State’s government and military both recognize and respect the sovereignty of Pakistan. We have been persistently focusing on rebuilding our relationship and trust. Therefore, in order to continue in this path, it is crucial to distinguish between demands and strategic proposition offered by the United States. At no time did the US Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Admiral Mike Mullen, “demand” any major contributions by the Pakistan Army such as conducting an operation in any integral area of Pakistan. On the contrary, Admiral Mullen has been in clear support of the Pakistani Army in all its efforts to eradicate violent extremists that harm both Pakistan and the U.S. Our increasing military-to-military engagement and cooperation, along with providing more than 400 million in aid, have been our gesture of friendship and good will to the Pakistani government and people.
Admiral Mullen’s words were taken out of context, yes, he did raise concern over the North Waziristan area, yes, he did point to the need, to crack down on terrorists that are shamefully using the innocent people of that area as a shield. Adm. Mullen said in an appearance on The Wall Street Journal's "The Big Interview ", “The danger, not just now but in the future, is this epicenter of terrorism literally in the world, is right there, They know that is something that has to be by and large eliminated." However, strategic propositions such as this one are not demands but rather insight offered to the Pakistani Army so we can better cope and end atrocities in that region. What steps will be taken or not taken in the North Waziristan region is up to the Pakistani government and its people. We recognize the contributions and sacrifices made by the Pakistani government, people, and army in order to regain control of the Northwest of the country and hope that we will continue to strengthen our mutual ties which would result in the annihilation of those who want to turn Pakistan into a terror haven.

Please read the Wall Street Journal and Admiral Mullen’s interview to judge for yourself, and not be deceived by those who want to harm the U.S. – PAK relationship.

Mullen Stands By Pakistan - WSJ.com

LCDR Bill Speaks
DET-United States Central Command
www.centcom.mil

why are the US insistent on pursuing policies that damage pakistan?

almost every policy is a blow to pakistan.

you dont go to war against your own people on a whim

it is is scandalous that the american public have been led to believe that pakistan is somehow not doing "enough"

i invite americans to respond to this...

What Pakistan wants: US aid

Flow of US aid and presence of its troops serve Pakistan's long-range aim of thwarting its archenemy, India.

Analysts say Pakistan's generals fear a conclusive Taliban defeat will lead to a reduction in US interest and aid, and so have supported the group's three main Afghan factions – the Quetta Shura, the Haqqani network, and the forces of Gulbuddin Hekmatyar – to give themselves leverage in deciding Afghanistan's future.

Ultimately, Pakistan – particularly now that it's trying to recover from devastating floods – understands that it needs the US for economic support far more than the US needs Pakistan.

What Pakistan wants: US aid - CSMonitor.com

What you want: TO TROLL :sick:

I personally want to see Pakistan destroy all the NW Taliban groups. Militancy should have no home in Pakistan.

I hope the refusal is only a "not now", rather a "not ever".

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom