What's new

US blocked transfer of Jordanian F-16s to Pakistan

You should worry about your own dilemma.... even during relative peacetime, some 35% of your MKIs are grounded due to spare issues....what will IAF do in case of a conflict.

IAF will tap into its wartime reserves which will push the availability of the jets to over 90%.

The current figures are peacetime figures.

Better option would be to go for a sqd or two of chinese Shenyang J-11B series... would serve as deep strike,superiority and naval roles perfectly.

Im sure russia can be pacified...
Why not J16?

Why China reverse engineer F16 parts. Does China has F16??? Please don't be stupid that all your problems will be solved by China. China as a friend might help you but you have to try to do something yourself.
USA knows Turkey will help PAF update those old F16, so they just simply block the deal with Jordan.

IAF will tap into its wartime reserves which will push the availability of the jets to over 90%.

The current figures are peacetime figures.
If you can't perform well in peace time, it will be even worse in war time.

Lol. It's the exact opposite.

MKI's problem isn't technical, it is budgetary. If the budget increases, the MKI will fly more, it's as simple as that.

During wartime, the budget will obviously increase. Plus, war reserves will be opened up, so there is no dearth of spares. In fact, I'm being very modest with the 90% figure. During exercises, the aircraft perform at near 100%. Even in the recent Malabar exercises, the Mig-29Ks had 100% availability.

Why not J16?

USA knows Turkey will help PAF update those old F16, so they just simply block the deal with Jordan.

USA gains no benefit from older f-16 sale, it only allows that if it has some strategic importance, new f-16s is USA wanted pakistan to go on but PAF didnt found the benefit to amout they asked

J16 is probably not available otherwise PAF would have seriously considered it
su 35 may have some issues given indian objections

This happens when your government till the end of it's tenure run without any clear foreign policy (everyone knows there was not even a foreign minister appointed), and now the super hero ASIF makes entry where Pakistan have lost a lot....remember time is money

This news is a heart attack for me.
F-16s are second to none and we need them to replace our old F-7s ASAP.

:(

USA gains no benefit from older f-16 sale, it only allows that if it has some strategic importance, new f-16s is USA wanted pakistan to go on but PAF didnt found the benefit to amout they asked

J16 is probably not available otherwise PAF would have seriously considered it
su 35 may have some issues given indian objections
I think there may have been a couple of factors which made PAF baulk.
A. Changing winds in the US defence establishment. PAF has taken a very calculated risk by going for just 18 Bl.52s while building up its reservoir of older Bl15 F16s. The idea is cost effectiveness at a price that does not break the bank.The spectre of sanctions has always been there but I strongly suspect the idea has always been capability building at an affordable cost with a view that if sanctions come their effect will be minimal. The US has on its side seen the move and countered it with a sale of Older F16s being linked to buying newer F16s. I suspect the cancelled Jordanian deal may have had something to do with the 8F16s which PAF refused to go for.
The Principal of the deal. PAF had agreed a price based on a mutual need,ie the need for PAF to have more fightersand the need for Lockmart to keep the supply line open. The Congress put a spanner in the works by refusing to pay their share from FMF. In principal what was alluring at 30 million a pop became a burden at 80million a pop. In principal PAF said we have stuck to our side now if you renege on youe part of the bargain we cannot go ahead with the deal. Right or wrong this is hte decision which PAF took.
Other offerings on the horizon. It maybe that there are other offerings on the horizon either from China or from other parties. It may also be that the JFT hasbeen advancing smuch more efficiently and beyond expectations. Now in an atmosphere of resource constraint do you spend 800million on 8 planes or 500 million on 30 planes.
In short there maybe many permutations on the calculus for PAF to have made that decision.
A

Hi,

Well---then is the ENTITY stupid and dumb to be in that position one more time---.

Hi,

My comments were on something else---regarding weapons purchase---

About 4 months ago---the JH7 beat the su 34 in strike missions in exercises in china---.

Re-furb JH7 can be had around 15-25 mil a piece---SU34 would be 50-70 mil a piece---.

The wing design of the JH7 is far superior to the su 34 for low low flight.

Youngman---,

Enough of sob stories---about time you started yelling out to the Paf---stop this BS.

This crying game from you guys need to end---you guys need to stand up and confront the culprits---.
Though differ from ur aggressive views but I like ur attitude. Perhaps PAF and our country is missing that offensive stature. We should learn from U and Trump both.:usflag:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom