What's new

Updates on F-INSAS program

I'd prefer to install auto turrets at 2km apart in fortified locations with RF/ IR/ Laser sensors assisted by UAV and satellites able to shoot ...intruders, RPG, incoming shells, armored vehicles.... 5/10 turrets monitored by people sitting away from harms way and sending any one step 1m on our soil to heaven!!

But they are stationary and prone to being assaulted, a micro-light UAV can be used by an expeditionary force.:smart:

Haven't you seen the IR sensors already deployed on the LOC? They are never 100% accurate when it comes to detection and not every place can accommodate one which can cover all possible hostiles in defilade. A combo would be required.

even better range of 20-40km

elbit skylark

300px-Elbit_Skylark_Slovak_Air_Force.jpg

sry bro,but its not OFB's khiyali pulao,but its NATO's battle doctrine and its the logic behind choosing 5.56 rounds over 7.62 as standard round.

the doctrine is to choose best round that offers decent accuracy in 300 meter range,as most of the engagement happens inside this range..they decided that they'll not go for most kill,but for most number of injured..5.56 did that better than 7.62..

the reason for most injured is preferred is that you've to replace injured from the battlefield.that not only includes the injured,but the soldiers who'll carry them..the number will decrease rapidly(remember Kargil??)..but in the case of dead,nobody will bother to pick the body until the firefight stops..you'll certainly prefer 30000 injures to be replaced than 10000 dead.right??

Bro ever seen a talib go down after eating said round? NATO found out early that the round KILLS and KILLS well enough. Why do you think it got adopted by so many countries.

Downrange impact force and tumbling is enough to bring down a 200 pound @Armstrong charging at you.

Last edited by a moderator:
But they are stationary and prone to being assaulted, a micro-light UAV can be used by an expeditionary force.:smart:

Haven't you seen the IR sensors already deployed on the LOC? They are never 100% accurate when it comes to detection and not every place can accommodate one which can cover all possible hostiles in defilade. A combo would be required.

I know what you want to say!!
We'll one day make it happen and our borders will be sealed by multicaliber intelligent turrets to kill or neutralize any thing entering our borders!!
I think I had too much alcohol...time to take break ..Cheers!!

@Dillinger I'm not exactly sure of the make up of the F-INSAS project as I know that there are many public and private partners as well as consultants involved in this project. It really is a huge undertaking. I'm aware TATA is involved I'm not too sure about MKU though. Afaik MKU actually have a pretty good export performance and so wouldn't be too surprised if it won a few large orders in India.

Wrt the man-portable UAVs, the IA is actively looking at both fixed wing squad/platoon/company deployable systems and Quad-rotor type systems for induvidual fire teams. AFAIK they have looked at both Indian and foreign offerings so it'll be interesting to see what they go for in the coming years. Suffice to say the projected demand is HUGE.

Anyone got any ideas on the camo for the F-INSAS. The latest I heard was the IA would be trying out some digicams and that they would ideally like a new camo for the F-INSAS roll-out.

sry bro,but its not OFB's khiyali pulao,but its NATO's battle doctrine and its the logic behind choosing 5.56 rounds over 7.62 as standard round.

the doctrine is to choose best round that offers decent accuracy in 300 meter range,as most of the engagement happens inside this range..they decided that they'll not go for most kill,but for most number of injured..5.56 did that better than 7.62..

the reason for most injured is preferred is that you've to replace injured from the battlefield.that not only includes the injured,but the soldiers who'll carry them..the number will decrease rapidly(remember Kargil??)..but in the case of dead,nobody will bother to pick the body until the firefight stops..you'll certainly prefer 30000 injures to be replaced than 10000 dead.right??

Bro..it's misconception. A lighter bullet with higher muzzle velocity will provide longer range and better accuracy at ranges.
Just do your maths If AK 47 with 7.67mm round and 700+m/s muzzle velocity can kill at 200~300 mtrs....think anout 5.56mm with 900+ m/s muzzle velocity,,it will be deadly. One shot in right place at 300+ mtr is a sure kill.

@he-man Happy? Next time I might provide some info on other products designed by other Indian companies- IF you behave.:smokin:

@he-man Happy? Next time I might provide some info on other products designed by other Indian companies- IF you behave.:smokin:

Off topic: in other thread, he was begging member to like his post. If you don't feel like replying to his post, still please like :cuckoo:'s post. :D

at least half of seniors here are baying for my blood:butcher:

Sab pagal ...is sardar ke khoon me sirf daru milegi, or daru ke liye kisi ka khoon ka bara paap hai :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom