What's new

Updates on F-INSAS program

You didn't know that? Yes, very much- although they have JVs here and there and a subsidiary in Germany also known as MKU Gmbh.

Abbe haan, tabhi to post kiya, full desi maal.

YESSSSSSSSSSSS

sardar emotions be beh gaya tha...............ab sab theek hai:omghaha:

Ghar ki murgi daal barabar!!

bhai main aiveen hi tata ke liye gurudwara ja raha tha(mannat mangne):omghaha:

bhai main aiveen hi tata ke liye gurudwara ja raha tha(mannat mangne):omghaha:

I've been to thier factroy once in 2005 ... it was not a very big setup but their production facilities were loaded up to their throat.

yeh halat bana rakhi thi maine

Funny-Sardar-Library-Cartoons-Jokes.jpg

yeh halat bana rakhi thi maine

Funny-Sardar-Library-Cartoons-Jokes.jpg

*** off topic alert***

A beautiful GF of He-man talking in sexy voice...
GF - Batao meri chaddi me kya hai/
He-Man- Teri to ..kya stupid questions hai. Elastic hi hogi, aaj kal koi nada nahi pahanta hai kya?

@he-man how about this for our soldiers who patrol the LOC and LAC-

Infantry deployed UAV-

images

The TERP2 is a quick deployment & easy to operate micro UAV system built for real time surveillance & reconnaissance roles. The electrically powered TERP2, is the commander’s choice in covert & tactical operations. It scans the ground from the sky silently, simultaneously relaying back information to base with full security.

TERP2 operates autonomously from launch through recovery. Its hand launch and belly landing ability need minimal ground area. Multiple Navigation modes (Waypoint, Loiter, Camera Centric, Manual) and a tightly integrated video control with flight control user interface, allow operator to navigate the TERP2 effortlessly over area/object/person of interest. The vision based targeting & tracking system, enables the user to lock on stationary or mobile targets with a simple click.

Equipped with Rear Look sensor capability, the TERP2 can track objects on ground which trail behind the flight, with less effort. The composite structure is designed to protect its components and survive hard landings. The Retractable gimbal system with beetle wing doors has been incorporated to shield the video sensor while landing.

TERP2 is an indigenously designed & engineered UAV by team of aeronautical & electronics engineers for optimal endurance, velocity & payload capacity not forgetting aerodynamic stability critical for the sensors.

Data and video range- 10km

Take off and landing- autonomous

UAV and ground control system weight- 20kg

10 into optic zoom and IR sight.

Last edited by a moderator:
*** off topic alert***

A beautiful GF of He-man talking in sexy voice...
GF - Batao meri chaddi me kya hai/
He-Man- Teri to ..kya stupid questions hai. Elastic hi hogi, aaj kal koi nada nahi pahanta hai kya?

koi na yaar

genes are genes.............what to do??

Infantry deployed UAV-

images

weren't we considering scan eagle??

it looks pretty good though

buying this means that nishant is a failure although i know its way more heavier(still also catapult launched)

Infantry deployed UAV-

I'd prefer to install auto turrets at 2km apart in fortified locations with RF/ IR/ Laser sensors assisted by UAV and satellites able to shoot ...intruders, RPG, incoming shells, armored vehicles.... 5/10 turrets monitored by people sitting away from harms way and sending any one step 1m on our soil to heaven!!

other options

ZALA 421-08
300px-ZALA_421-08_ISSE-2012.jpg

Physical:

Wingspan: 0.8 m
Length: 0.41 m
Weight: 1.7 kg
Flight altitude: 3600 m max above sea level
Radio link: 15 km
Maximum flight duration: 90 min – with electric engine
Speed range: 65–150 km/h
Launch: autonomously from hands
Landing: parachute
Navigation: Glonass/GPS
Overall size (2 UAVs and GCS): 8 kg

Payload:

Color Video camera (550 TVL)
Infrared camera
Photo camera (10 megapixels)

koi na yaar

genes are genes.............what to do??

weren't we considering scan eagle??

it looks pretty good though

buying this means that nishant is a failure although i know its way more heavier(still also catapult launched)

NO! Nishant has a DIFFERENT role- different secs and different system requirements.

This is a single person carried and deployed system for very near-field surveillance but when your leading a platoon knowing what's 5 km ahead is a god sent boon and oh ya this is also an MKU product. So, do we need to go anywhere for the F-INSAS? NO! Will these systems be perfect from the first day- no system is. Run them through battalion level trials and iron out the one or two bugs that may crop up (ALWAYS happens- I know a guy who field trialed the IdZ in AF- it has its own share of teething issues).

other options

ZALA 421-08
300px-ZALA_421-08_ISSE-2012.jpg

Physical:

Wingspan: 0.8 m
Length: 0.41 m
Weight: 1.7 kg
Flight altitude: 3600 m max above sea level
Radio link: 15 km
Maximum flight duration: 90 min – with electric engine
Speed range: 65–150 km/h
Launch: autonomously from hands
Landing: parachute
Navigation: Glonass/GPS
Overall size (2 UAVs and GCS): 8 kg

Payload:

Color Video camera (550 TVL)
Infrared camera
Photo camera (10 megapixels)

NOT DESI MAAL- IF ARDE could get on with MKU (which rightly shouldn't even be building UAVs in the first place) you'll have a better system than the above.

NO! Nishant has a DIFFERENT role- different secs and different system requirements.

This is a single person carried and deployed system for very near-field surveillance but when your leading a platoon knowing what's 5 km ahead is a god sent boon and oh ya this is also an MKU product. So, do we need to go anywhere for the F-INSAS? NO! Will these systems be perfect from the first day- no system is. Run them through battalion level trials and iron out the one or two bugs that may crop up (ALWAYS happens- I know a guy who field trialed the IdZ in AF- it has its own share of teething issues).

NOT DESI MAAL- IF ARDE could on with MKU (which rightly shouldn't even be building UAVs in the first place) you'll have a better system that the above.

yup realized my mistake soon enough after posting

what about drone i posted??

That "injure not kill" thing is standard OFB level babu's khiyali pulao when caught with the question that the Insas's caliber is "smaller" than the AK-47s. It'll kill just fine- if some aberrant enemy decides to eat a few shots and still doesn't go down then you had better just hit him with the rifle's butt- cave in his skull for good measure. Everything's kosher. OFB's production standards though are not.

sry bro,but its not OFB's khiyali pulao,but its NATO's battle doctrine and its the logic behind choosing 5.56 rounds over 7.62 as standard round.

the doctrine is to choose best round that offers decent accuracy in 300 meter range,as most of the engagement happens inside this range..they decided that they'll not go for most kill,but for most number of injured..5.56 did that better than 7.62..

the reason for most injured is preferred is that you've to replace injured from the battlefield.that not only includes the injured,but the soldiers who'll carry them..the number will decrease rapidly(remember Kargil??)..but in the case of dead,nobody will bother to pick the body until the firefight stops..you'll certainly prefer 30000 injures to be replaced than 10000 dead.right??

Back
Top Bottom