What's new

UNSC seat: India ready for the deal without veto

CardSharp

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
New Delhi/United Nations: India’s long desired wish in the International arena– to get a permanent seat in the United Nation Security Council (UNSC)– is going to be fulfilled as soon. But this seat will be offered to India without veto power.

78647b47c8c3c9e417d5f34e6063-grande.jpg

According to the diplomatic sources placed in UN, told ‘Live India’ that India is near about completed its negotiations with all 192 countries in which around 180 had given their nod for India in UNSC as permanent member. 128 votes required to get a permanent seat in security council.

“We had cleared all the hurdles in getting this, but this (seat) will be without veto power as we had to wait for atleast 10-15 years for veto rights”, the diplomat said.

“But we will take the seat and start our negotiations for getting the veto too”, he added.

Few days back India appreciated the support of US President Barack Obama for its quest for a permanent seat in the UN Security Council. India said that the US support has come at a time when momentum is building up for the expansion of this most powerful wing of the world body.

India agrees on permanent seat in UNSC without veto power: Diplomatic sources | Liveindia

Looks like India is going to take the seat and worry about Veto 10-15 years down the road when the restriction runs out.

Looks like India is going to take the seat and worry about Veto 10-15 years down the road when the restriction runs out.

Far enough I would say. Know we need Japan, Brazil, Germany too.

This news had already been posted here..when it first came out a few month back.

Wait... It didn't elaborate on the other 12 countries, including an outstanding permanent member, which is ready to veto such resolution on any business day.

please, no binding to Japan, China will Veto otherwise.
Japan launched war in east Asia but refused to apologize. How could this country become a member in UNSC?
Germany is different, you can feel their deep regret.

As far as I know,United for consensus had almost 40 members supporting it,and their sole purpose is to oppose G-4,I think India is obliterating its chance going with G-4

my perception is India, Germany and Brazil were used by Japan.
Japan clearly knows that they will be kicked by China. So they join with India, Germany and Brazil hoping to give pressure to China.
the bottom line is as long as Japan is in the group, China says no.
so, G-3 without Japan stand a good chance.
what do you think, guys?

Back
Top Bottom