What's new

Pakistan opposes creation of new permanent seats at UNSC

Actually no, china has not given support for expansion directly, but they have given a tactit understanding that they will not veto if these four countries muster up enough votes in general assembly....to put it simply : they will not help nor will they obstruct this process of expansion.

China will veto Japan's inclusion into the Security Council, and any group that includes Japan.

And it's not just for historical grudges.

America already has enough voices in the Security Council.

Pakistan oppose india because of Kashmir issue ,
you are hostile towards Kashmir , I think if Kashmir issue is solved than india will become permanent member in no time

Clearly you have not followed this process, the major roadblock is neither pakistan nor the regional competitors of brazil,germany,japan.To pass the resolution it must be passed in general assembly, and the main opponents of this are the African block, which are demanding two positions for the africa.As this powerful bloc holds to its position, the resolution is doomed to fail....till these four nations convince them or make some appeasement in trade deals to individual african nations to change their overall stand, things will continue to be at standstill.Pakistan counts nowhere....neither does kashmir in this discussion.

One seat for 1.8 Billion Muslims please. We are sick and tired of not having a say in a chamber that decides which Muslim nation to bomb next.

UNSC seats are not distributed based on religion.

One seat for 1.8 Billion Muslims please. We are sick and tired of not having a say in a chamber that decides which Muslim nation to bomb next.
Muslims dont have a permanent seat, but they always have at least one representative in SC which is rotating.

Currently its Jordan and Chad for example + half Muslim Nigeria.

I dont think Muslims themselves would agree that one country wold represent them all permanently.

Muslims dont have a permanent seat, but they always have at least one representative in SC which is rotating.

Currently its Jordan and Chad for example + half Muslim Nigeria.

I dont think Muslims themselves would agree that one country wold represent them all permanently.

i agree with highlighted part , its sad but reality

China will veto Japan's inclusion into the Security Council, and any group that includes Japan.

Have you read any detailed report about expansion by ant expert......the given international understanding is once the resolution gathers the support of General Assembly which constitutes all nations, China will not nor will any other permanent member use their veto power....as it will look like they are going against the popular veto.

The group point is moot as each of these nation name will individually come into voting, not as a group.

Have you read any detailed report about expansion by ant expert......the given international understanding is once the resolution gathers the support of General Assembly which constitutes all nations, China will not nor will any other permanent member use their veto power....as it will look like they are going against the popular veto.

The group point is moot as each of these nation name will individually come into voting, not as a group.

We vetoed the Syria resolution even when the entire West was threatening us not to. And Syria has nothing to do with us anyway.

If you want to believe it's so easy, then what's the point in worrying. If it will happen, then it will happen.

I remember how effectively Pakistan opposed the ICC restructure as well. And Pakistan is actually relevant in ICC.

Its United Nations Organization.. Not United Religions organization. Get your 1.8 billion Muslims together as a nation and I am sure you will get what you are asking for.

Its United Nations Organization.. Not United Religions organization. Get your 1.8 billion Muslims together as a nation and I am sure you will get what you are asking for.

Are you suggesting the Great Caliphate that some people dream about?

Back
Top Bottom