What's new

Unknown Light seen over Chennai

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I would be banned bhai, I came here to just post it sorry

why were you banned?

i noticed so many members have been banned in past 2 days including some senior members...........

I know I would be banned bhai, I came here to just post it sorry

Thanks man, very much appreciate your efforts in letting us know despite the ban. But it sure is funny you got banned twice the same day lol

There was power problem during last night at around 10.30 - 11.00, only once. Power went off for around 30 seconds and came back. but the light lumination was very dim for another few seconds and it came back to normal.
This kind of power fluctuation, we have never faced before. I felt something strange yesterday, now feel that it could be due to this reason.

LCA Tejas you should have taken a snap of the light. Were you not carrying your mobile phone?

I know you cannot answer.

Why is he banned? for seeing a light?

By the way, these are the new kind of crackers in the indian market. Is it possible that you saw one of these? This photograph is also from Chennai.

275429534_fe60ebcbe6.jpg

LCA Tejas you should have taken a snap of the light. Were you not carrying your mobile phone?

I know you cannot answer.

Why is he banned? for seeing a light?

By the way, these are the new kind of crackers in the indian market. Is it possible that you saw one of these? This photograph is also from Chennai.

275429534_fe60ebcbe6.jpg

Wakai... aapka dimag to computer se bhi tez chalta hai chachachaudhary :lol:

2090591851_da05e3a566.jpg

A blogger posted this image in 2007 in chennai. He claimed to have seen this light coming from Saidapet-Guindy area.

GREETINGS TO INDIA AND PAKISTAN FROM OUTERSPACE.
Christopher_Judge.jpg

I was looking for any news abt the unusual light that appeared
in chennai's night sky, yesterday. i found this forum discussing abt it.
so i registered immediately to tell wat i saw.

iam from annanagar, chennai, india.
I saw that light. I remember wat i saw. i cannot forget it.

today morning the local TV news and "Hindu" paper (one of chennai's regional paper confirmed the light)

Tv news doesnt say anything abt wat it is, except that its a light thats been seen by people (even far away from where i live), and they said it was there for 15-30 mins.
(they = people who talked to the tv camera).

The paper doesnt mention the period of time it lasted. but the Fact is, The light was there. Both news Confirmed the light.
even if tv or paper dint notice this, i wud still believe wat i saw. but now it is confirmed and so i beleive wat i saw, very strongly.

here is the Hindu paper news, pg3 may3 2010:

Shiny object sighted (headline)
chennai: Residents of several areas in the city on Sunday called the Regional Meteorological Department and reported having seen a shiny object in the night sky. P.Iyamperumal, Executive Director, Tamil Nadu Science and Technology Centre, said it could have been the International Space Station or a meteor shower.

(thats it. that was how big, the news was.)

My brother called me to have a look at some light, in the sky that is moving and it is round in shape (i was watching the movie "King Arthur" in my computer). I got excited and we rushed to the terrace. I clearly saw the light, moving from left to right and back to left, covering a big distance, above the head, in such height, at once, in great speed.
small packs of white-yellow clouds, close to eachother were floating above the head. The moon was big, dull-shiny on the east (30-35 degree above my eyesight level). The moon is on my left and i was facing, between south-east and south direction.

The light was above the head in 65-75 deg from my eyesight level in between south-west to south direction.
the light was 3/4th the size of the big moon.
the light was more dull and faded around the circumference.
the light was like coming behind the cloud (like the way a dim source of light wud be seen, behind thick fog or smoke).
Note that the light was not a sphere.
it was round, flat, dim, the colour was that of the cloud's colour, cos the light seemed to come behind the cloud, 3/4 the size of the moon, but the moon was far into the sky, to my left. but this was close, just behind the cloud, above head.

My heart was pumping fast !!! (this is not a normal thing that happens in everyday life)

i ran down to tell to my chat friend (i am logged-in most of the time and i live in 2nd floor below my terrace - we just have two floors in our building). i sent the message hurrily, and ran back and saw it again. doing the same motion, to and fro, like a pendulum.
And then it vanished.

as far as i know, i might have seen it in the last few mins.
that is..... it all may have happened in jus around 5 mins from my perspective.
but people who talked to Tv, say it lasted for 15-20-30 mins. that depends on their perspective.

the path of the light was little bit arc-type. the path was not straight, not a perfect 180 deg arc. it was from east to west and back to east, above head in south-west to south direction, in an angle of 65-75 deg above my eyesight level.

i dont think a meteor can do, a to-and-fro motion !!!

i dont think an International Space Station can be so close, behind the clouds doing such a motion, and move at will !!!

its definitely not a plane, or a helicopter, or a jet, or not anything spherical in shape, either !!!

after the light vanished, i cudnt see anything. there was no such thing there, in that spot. It just vanished right there in front of my eyes. me and my brother saw it.

i began to doubt wat i saw, after it vanished. cos i dont want to draw my conclusions immediately, that is saw an UFO without proper reasoning. but my intuition was telling me that it was an UFO.
i waited for another half an hour or so, to see if i cud find it again. but no.
i had my own doubts, that, wat if somebody from below . near my building was playing with some light?

but i beleive no such light can touch the floating clouds from ground. if so, i cud have seen the path of such a powerful light, from where it was projected (jus like we the path of light from projectors in cinema halls).
there was no path of light from ground level, either !!!

the light was not from inside the clouds, cos if so, the clouds cud have disturbed and moved by the movement, if there was a big-object inside the clouds, moving in such speed.
there was no disturance in the cloud's movement !!!

the movement along the path was smooth. not jerky, either!!!

the movement is surely mechanically smooth and it was moving at will.
but it was not random.

the path is arc, for sure.

Now the hardest part to explain:
the distance it covered...

am not good at explaining distances. so i invented myself by making myself understand how far cud be the distance of the light, covered from point to point in jus 1-2 seconds.

i understood the distance this way....

i lift my both arms above my head and stretch it full far from my head, in the angle where i saw the light from my eye-level.
then i spread my fingers in both hands, connecting my two thumbs. all fingers are spread, connecting 2 thumbs at tip.
from the tip of one pinky finger to the other pinky tip, i measure around 45 centimetres.

now imagine a thread of 45 cm holding in my both hands stretched to the farthest away from my head.

thats the distance the light covered, from point to point in 1-2 seconds.
so from my eye point, the light was moving that much distance at such height.

wat was that ????!!!!

bye.

Hi gys
Yesterday I saw that thin it’s a yellow bird like light (or thing).
Appearing and disappearing in the clouds.
Guess it’s U.FO ..:blink:

I saw it too yesterday.... Today In newspaper it was published, It was not bigger than moon, constantly changed shapes..... what was it anyway??????

Well, my only question from yoganand, maverick, and usha is that whether the light was coming from the sky, or going to the sky from the earth.

The picture that chachachaudhary showed us and commented on ("Sir, its the greenish illumination with distinct border spreading as it goes towards the sky"), suggests that the light most probably emanated from the surface (ground) and went to the clouds to make an impression.

Whoever has seen it, please clarify !

Well, my only question from yoganand, maverick, and usha is that whether the light was coming from the sky, or going to the sky from the earth.

The picture that chachachaudhary showed us and commented on ("Sir, its the greenish illumination with distinct border spreading as it goes towards the sky), suggests that the light most probably emanated from the surface (ground) and went to the clouds to make an impression.

Whoever has seen it, please clarify !

Imagine a moon Hovering just in between the clouds, which was constantly changing shapes and colors.... Man This is the best I can Explain, It lasted for 15 minutes from the time I saw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom