What's new

Uniform of Female PAF officers

karpov

BANNED

New Recruit

Reaction score
Why do female officers of PAF have to wear Shalwar Kamiz, when even islamabad police's females wear pant shirt. Dont you guys think they look funny wearing shalwar kamiz for Airforce, just doesnt go with the forces!

Yes brother I agree with you. They should wear Paint Shirt like male PAF officers

when even islamabad police's females wear pant shirt. Dont you guys think they look funny wearing shalwar kamiz for Airforce, just doesnt go with the forces!

On the other hand, Pakistan rangers wear Shalwar Qameez as well...so not sure what the problem is if the PAF women wear the same? I am not supporting one or the other...just pointing out that women in Pakistan Army Medical Corps wear Saris and women PMA cadets wear slacks so its just a service-specific thing.

Maybe those salwars are the ceremonial uniforms. they'll probably wear camos when they go into action

Maybe those salwars are the ceremonial uniforms. they'll probably wear camos when they go into action

No cammies here...talking about Airforce pilots r engineers who are women. Typically they wear the green flying overalls.

:pakistan:
I love to see them flying Fighter Plans and serving Pakistan :sniper: :victory:

[YOUTUBE]

Last edited by a moderator:
PAF women officers uniform:

Flying branch = coverall/g-suit (while on operational duties)
Flying branch = saris (while on ground duties/desk jobs)
All other branches including engineering = sari
Ceremonial/mess uniform = trousers and jackets (which you can call suits, with all the badges, rank)
Graduation ceremony uniform = trousers/slacks with knee length shirts

scarfs are allowed on all occassions except with ceremonial/mess uniform.

hope i have elaborated it well.

regards.

PAF women officers uniform:

Flying branch = coverall/g-suit (while on operational duties)
Flying branch = saris (while on ground duties/desk jobs)
All other branches including engineering = sari
Ceremonial/mess uniform = trousers and jackets (which you can call suits, with all the badges, rank)
Graduation ceremony uniform = trousers/slacks with knee length shirts

scarfs are allowed on all occassions except with ceremonial/mess uniform.

hope i have elaborated it well.

regards.

Thanks for above. Knee length shirt (qameez) was my real question. In their routine working hours except for flying gals they wear these qameezes. My point was if islamabad cops can wear pants shirts (rem those commondo pics duirng LM episode) then y cant PAf, PAF s always rated as more liberal then army .

On the other hand, Pakistan rangers wear Shalwar Qameez as well...so not sure what the problem is if the PAF women wear the same? I am not supporting one or the other...just pointing out that women in Pakistan Army Medical Corps wear Saris and women PMA cadets wear slacks so its just a service-specific thing.

Sory your info is incorrect! Rangers wear shirt trousers, you might be talking about FC. FC dudes cant be compared with Airforce, way apart. Army corps women's saris are kinda kool and they are docs anyways, I was specifically talking abot PAF and its image.

It's all good. It's our national dress. As long as they are not seeing any action, Shalwar Kameez is good enough (and man its a lot more comfortable) for a desk job!

I so wish I could shalwar kameez, instead of formals to work!

It's all good. It's our national dress. As long as they are not seeing any action, Shalwar Kameez is good enough (and man its a lot more comfortable) for a desk job!

I so wish I could shalwar kameez, instead of formals to work!

Certainly dont want to hurt your liking towards shalwar kamiz but again PAF and Shalwar Kamiz?? Not sure, shalwar kamiz dont goive a tip top corporate ellite look. Its just extra cloth haginh here there especially when wind s blowing, offering salah etc. It comfy, no doubt, but not proper or formal

It doesn't look snazzy because we have a misconception that formal = pants/shirt.

I agree loose clothing on the battlefield is a bad idea, but behind a desk, it pretty much meets the purpose. Shalwar Kameez/Kurta are quite modern pieces of clothing these days.

Certainly dont want to hurt your liking towards shalwar kamiz but again PAF and Shalwar Kamiz?? Not sure, shalwar kamiz dont goive a tip top corporate ellite look. Its just extra cloth haginh here there especially when wind s blowing, offering salah etc. It comfy, no doubt, but not proper or formal

Whats the point here? Are you suggesting that they shouldnt wear shalwar kameez because according to you it doesnt give an ellite look?

People! Females switch to the pilot suit when they fly the plane. So please.. what is the point to discuss this? It doesn't effect their ability to fly planes in anyway.

Sory your info is incorrect! Rangers wear shirt trousers, you might be talking about FC. FC dudes cant be compared with Airforce, way apart. Army corps women's saris are kinda kool and they are docs anyways, I was specifically talking abot PAF and its image.

Thanks for your insight. Have you ever been to Wagah? The Pakistan Rangers wear Shalwar Kamiz over there and they do it for a specific purpose. Depends on which rangers you are talking about. All of the provinces have their own uniforms.

Not sure what Shalwar Kameez and PAF's image have anything to do with each other?? As long as it is clean, pressed, worn with pride and the ones wearing it perform their duties well, who cares?

Back
Top Bottom