What's new

Uniform of Female PAF officers

Thanks for your insight. Have you ever been to Wagah? The Pakistan Rangers wear Shalwar Kamiz over there and they do it for a specific purpose. Depends on which rangers you are talking about. All of the provinces have their own uniforms.

Not sure what Shalwar Kameez and PAF's image have anything to do with each other?? As long as it is clean, pressed, worn with pride and the ones wearing it perform their duties well, who cares?
I can concur, I saw the Rangers at Wagah. They are a fierce sight in those greyish Shalwar Kurta. Plus they are all freakyishly tall.

Rangers are provincial? I always thought they performed the role of border patrol?

Kaprove, the thing is you are comparing a ceremonial time uniform with active duty uniforms. It helps them too, if you see the attire of Pakistani uniformed men compared with those at Wagah on the other side of the steel gate, you'd know what I mean. They look like fierce giants in comparison. The ceremony at wagah is all about the show.

It's all good. It's our national dress. As long as they are not seeing any action, Shalwar Kameez is good enough (and man its a lot more comfortable) for a desk job!

I so wish I could shalwar kameez, instead of formals to work!

I Agree With Asim Bhai that Shalwar Kameez is our National dress....
We Are Muslim and We Should Spend Our Life With Teachings of Islam....
Ladies Should not Wear Paint Shirts.Beacuse Islam Teachings are Oppose That...
Thanks

Whats the point here? Are you suggesting that they shouldnt wear shalwar kameez because according to you it doesnt give an ellite look?

Ellite not in social terms, in millitary out look terms.

I Agree With Asim Bhai that Shalwar Kameez is our National dress....
We Are Muslim and We Should Spend Our Life With Teachings of Islam....
Ladies Should not Wear Paint Shirts.Beacuse Islam Teachings are Oppose That...
Thanks

Should our national dress be the dress code of our institutes?

Sir how can you prove that shalwar kameez is islamic dress!

What aboutt those who arent muslims?

Should our national dress be the dress code of our institutes?

Sir how can you prove that shalwar kameez is islamic dress!

What aboutt those who arent muslims?

Shalwar kameez is our national dress and so should be it. Its that simple, as for going on aircrafts, they change it to proper gsuit dressing as they cannot do it in shalwar kameez. And it does give an elite look in the force.

Shalwar kameez is our national dress and so should be it. Its that simple, as for going on aircrafts, they change it to proper gsuit dressing as they cannot do it in shalwar kameez. And it does give an elite look in the force.

Yea may be but you still didnt answer my questions? Ok just answer one! You said we are muslim country so we should wear shalwar kamiz! Please prove shalwar kamiz is islamic dress

Yea may be but you still didnt answer my questions? Ok just answer one! You said we are muslim country so we should wear shalwar kamiz! Please prove shalwar kamiz is islamic dress

Where did i wrote in my post that shalwar kameez is an islamic dress? Read my post carefully and then reply

Gen. Moin said that.

In my opinion, any clothing that is modest is Islamically ok. Be they slacks/shirt or Shalwar kameez. In the west, plenty of muslim women wear hijab and slacks/shirts etc.....absolutely nothing wrong with it. Onus of modesty falls upon men as well as they are the ones who are ordered to lower their gaze.

Clothing is a non-issue in the services. By the nature of work involved in the armed services, if something is found to be impractical, its removed and something else is brought in so we are debating a non-issue here.

Gen. Moin said that.

In my opinion, any clothing that is modest is Islamically ok. Be they slacks/shirt or Shalwar kameez. In the west, plenty of muslim women wear hijab and slacks/shirts etc.....absolutely nothing wrong with it. Onus of modesty falls upon men as well as they are the ones who are ordered to lower their gaze.

Clothing is a non-issue in the services. By the nature of work involved in the armed services, if something is found to be impractical, its removed and something else is brought in so we are debating a non-issue here.
PAF even doesn't allow big beards for pilots as it might gag the pilots under their helmets.

PAF women officers uniform:

Flying branch = saris (while on ground duties/desk jobs)
All other branches including engineering = sari .

Saris? Pakistani women officers wear saris? Isnt that too HINDU?

Yes they do and have been wearing them ever since Army Medical Corps allowed women to join (back in the 60s). If worn modestly, the attire is perfectly fine and graceful.

Sari is actually quite popular wear of women, especially in urban Karachi areas. On festivals its worn by even those ladies who dont usually pu it on. Army lady dosc when wearing look pretty elegant!

Back
Top Bottom