What's new

Uniform of Female PAF officers

Let the women wear what they are comfortable in.
Dont impose what they should wear.

USAF women wear their uniform as its their culture.
Our culture is different.
Women rights also include we men not to decide what they should wear sari/shalwar kameez/skirts etc
And if a uniform doesnt look good to mens eye that doesnt mean we should change it.

Therkis
I was not talking about Women Uniform..just PAF whole uniform in general.I just don't like it - I mean compare this
jszc20091109-100.jpg

kayanimullen2.jpg

We can't have USAF exact copy because of tradition and Pakistan is too hot to wear that kind of uniform but the current uniform can be improved.

☪☪☪☪;951016 said:
I was not talking about Women Uniform..just PAF whole uniform in general.I just don't like it - I mean compare this
jszc20091109-100.jpg

kayanimullen2.jpg

We can't have USAF exact copy because of tradition and Pakistan is too hot to wear that kind of uniform but the current uniform can be improved.

Yeah we should improve that but for that our army personal should keep their self fit otherwise every uniform will look ugly on them with their TOND hanging outside.

btw my previous post was directed to other roshan khayal therkis.

I agree.Our Generals specially navy admirals tend to have big fat belly where as our Air Marshalls usually stay in good shape even at this age.

I don't know in which world you guys are living!
I studied in f-6 RF Kamra college and their was Air Force Hospital near my college. I must tell you that everyone in my college was a big fan of female lady doctors' uniform (it was super cool blue saari) and I guess it is not different from other PAF lady officials.

Last edited:
can some one post the pics well hope to see they wear paints and shirts

Whats wrong with shalwar kameez/sari?
Why pents/skirts and shirts?

Do you want them to look decent or sexy?

None of the above but "Practical" my friend. These females are in the most deadly business there is on this earth -- combat. The discussion should be based upon what is Practical in the field. Wearing Saris during a bombing attack on an air base or a sector command center is like pushing these females towards suicide!!

Saris should be done away -- this is not at all practical attire for any role in the armed forces:no:

My2C

Whats wrong with shalwar kameez/sari?
Why pents/skirts and shirts?

Do you want them to look decent or sexy?

Depends what is your imagination about the said dress.

With bullet proff waist on no one look sexy and with out door trousers even the most pretty women will look ugly.

You should know, for every sport there is specific dress and so is war.

Certainly dont want to hurt your liking towards shalwar kamiz but again PAF and Shalwar Kamiz?? Not sure, shalwar kamiz dont goive a tip top corporate ellite look. Its just extra cloth haginh here there especially when wind s blowing, offering salah etc. It comfy, no doubt, but not proper or formal

I know what you are saying

Girls look cool in shalwar kameez. All the sister concerns has a very good unifom combination. I like AF bcoz of its color combination:

A pure blue is the color of inspiration, youth, spirituality, truth, peace and sincerity.
Wear dark blues for a stable, calm conservative feeling. All shades of blue will help to make easy communication, whether it is with yourself or others. Use blue paper for notes when you want help in remembering a speech or other information.

Regards,
FE

I agree with those who like pants instead of shalwar qameez. and of course overall for flying there no other option. I am sure they will look great.

None of the above but "Practical" my friend. These females are in the most deadly business there is on this earth -- combat. The discussion should be based upon what is Practical in the field. Wearing Saris during a bombing attack on an air base or a sector command center is like pushing these females towards suicide!!

Saris should be done away -- this is not at all practical attire for any role in the armed forces:no:

My2C

Hi Aamir,

A soldier is a soldier is a soldier---infantry---armour or a doctor or a nurse----. They need to move freely--actively without any constraints---there is no place in the millitary for a SARI----

Agreed MK Sahib. What is needed for task at hand should dictate the decision on uniform. Formal wear, dine-in's can do with Sari's etc. if at all. Otherwsie, pants with longish over the hip blouse will be somewhat practical and at the same time modest.

For those who are for the "Islamic" spin on everything, Sari is not from our part of the world but an adopted wear from Bengal/Assam/Bihar.

Back
Top Bottom