What's new

Federal Directorate of Education issues dress code for male, female teachers

I can't tell if you're joking or not but be prepared to receive a free 5 day long trip to the "Northern areas of Pakistan"
I was actually serious. Think about it. As a Muslim your obligation first is to Allah and not any man made constructs like countries, governments, armies, navies etc. You take the Shahada and bear witness to Allah. Not any navy, army, airforce. Between allegiance to a government made by men and Allah a Muslim must stand and choose by the almighty.

No Muslim can say a serving officers allegiance to army or navy supercedes his shahada to the almighty. These men who chose the path did so because they stood by Islam first over Pakistan.

I think the govt should either increase the salaries of educators substantially or implement a proper uniform as much of their salary especially of the female lecturers go into maintaining the wardrobe edge over the others

A teacher heavily impacts the ethics of the kids . Ofcourse you won't want a stud to appear in the class which is exactly the reason the dress code has been imposed
A proper uniform is a much better solution

Exactly there should be uniforms for all civil employees including uni students
I actually agree not because of what I think the length or tightness of clothes should be but for reasons that it can hide economically disadvantaged students and teachers who wear same clothes over and over again

I actually support this over economical reason but I do think covering head or not should be left to individual

Professional work attire is required in every intuition. Although, it's a common-sense thing but I guess not so common in Pakistani institutions.

Even when I am working from home, and there is a video call or a meeting, I put on a collared shirt. No one cares if I am sitting in my undies.

Until you accidently get up. Lol.
Happened with a client and his wife they thought they closed the video down before they got up.

No Muslim can say a serving officers allegiance to army or navy supercedes his shahada to the almighty. These men who chose the path did so because they stood by Islam first over Pakistan.
Millions of Muslims of the subcontinent who pledged allegiance to king and country and fought in the British Indian Army.

Or our Quaid taking an oath to be the representative of the crown in the dominion of Pakistan.

Millions of Muslims of the subcontinent who pledged allegiance to king and country and fought in the British Indian Army.

Or our Quaid taking an oath to be the representative of the crown in the dominion of Pakistan.
Islam is not a demoracy. You don't count heads. If billion Muslim said alcohol is halal it would not change anything - it would remain haram.

lol - only at work. They can wear them in their personal time.

You seem like a worldly person, how many professional places of work have you been to where staff wore jeans and T-shirt? Shirt and Trousers is standard business attire around the world.

Wesay, i work in IT, and I work from home, sometimes i'm just sat here in a salwar and a vest... :omghaha:

I have to follow a dress code in my organisation where I work, we are allowed to wear casuals (Jeans & T-shirts) on Saturdays only, our IT staff does not follow any dress code as they don't interact with customers, here we are talking about teachers of rural / urban / sub-urban areas. If government wants to maintain a dress code they should pay for dress of teachers.

I have to follow a dress code in my organisation where I work, we are allowed to wear casuals (Jeans & T-shirts) on Saturdays only, our IT staff does not follow any dress code as they don't interact with customers, here we are talking about teachers of rural / urban / sub-urban areas. If government wants to maintain a dress code they should pay for dress of teachers.
They can pay for their own dress with ease

They can pay for their own dress with ease

Once Minister for Education said same thing and teachers pulled out a top trend on twitter.

1631084040833.png

I have a humble point. Instead of the Pakistani education directorate just prescribing dress code for the teachers it should really say to the government that education in Pakistan must be declared free and high-quality with immediate effect and there will be new or updated courses offered that include fundamental computing, portable electricity generation research, nanotechnology for biological needs, 3D Printing, bio-mimicking chemistry, spacecraft propulsion and structural design, harmonious city design, agriculture ( Vertical Farms, Urban Farms and hydroponics ), artificial meat and stored food processing.

This would be real change.

@Zibago

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom