What's new

Unfulfilled wish of Dr ManMohan Singh

I have out-most respect for him.. but the thing is he was handpicked by Sonia from Rajya Sabha seat from Assm.. he had no power no voice.. jst a mere puppet cant even move without Sonia consent. I feel bad for him after all he is the most qualified politician of India. Its no secret that Con-gress just used him.

I think a deployment of the vessel only for his wish would be a waste of money, but I don't see why he couldn't be invited to sail on it during the next trial / test run, or an exercise.
Actually @sancho sir, this "day at sea" is a tradition in India wherein PMs spend a "day" on board a newly inducted ACC and it wouldn't have been necessarily diverting the Viky from its operational duties as the PM would actually be witnessing day to day operations of the VIky so it would be an opportunity to test her capabilities. And anyway a PM would be there for less than 12 hours so it's not a HUGE distraction- if any.

Kind of quite disappointed about this, whatever your feelings towards MMS, he has served his country with dignity and honour to the best of his abilities and for all his exhaustive work over the decades (before even becoming PM), it would have been nice for this wish of his to have been fulfilled....

Also would provided some awesome pics/vid ;)

Actually @sancho sir, this "day at sea" is a tradition in India wherein PMs spend a "day" on board a newly inducted ACC and it wouldn't have been necessarily diverting the Viky from its operational duties as the PM would actually be witnessing day to day operations of the VIky so it would be an opportunity to test her capabilities. And anyway a PM would be there for less than 12 hours so it's not a HUGE distraction- if any.

It might be tradition, but for Indian tax payers it should be a waste of money right? I mean it is one thing to take important personalities on a flight with a fighter, but a whole different point from the POV of operational costs to to take them on sail of a naval vessel, especially since the article talked about a mega ceremony for that.
I do think MMS deserves respect for what he has done for India, but I don't see a point in wasting too much money for such things.

Back
Top Bottom