What's new

ULFA urges Dhaka to 'stop crackdown’

Status
Not open for further replies.
Examples given.
You seem to be desperate to show that India needs BD badly. Its not true. While a healthy mutually beneficial relationship is always desired, it is not critical. I am not dismissing BD as an unimportant country in India's perspective. But that is for different reasons. Incase of a border war with China, BD is least relevant.

Well I dont want to comment on a hypothetical warfare. Just few notes.
If there is a full scale conflict between China-India not the border skirmishes then it can be safely said that Pakistan will drag itself into the conflict. In that case BD will become vital because it can hit hard at the weakest point of Indias defence. If BD sides with China then the outcome will be Myanmar will also side with China as everybody will want a piece of India's disintegration.
The war will be quick and decisive. India will loose Kashmir and NE.

If there is a full scale conflict between China-India not the border skirmishes then it can be safely said that Pakistan will drag itself into the conflict. In that case BD will become vital because it can hit hard at the weakest point of Indias defence. If BD sides with China then the outcome will be Myanmar will also side with China as everybody will want a piece of India's disintegration.

1)China will not go for a full scale conflict with india no one wants to fight for a pile of rocks
2)BD will aid either providing logistical support to us or will sit squat
3)30 minutes thats the time india requires to finish the myanmar army.The InA is in a different league when compared to other armies in its immediate neighbourhood
4)Pakistan has already been checked now by the Taliban
5)The war wont be quick it will be quite long

The wrong move by Dhaka and it knows the nxt minute there will be a mushroom cloud over it

The wrong move by Dhaka and it knows the nxt minute there will be a mushroom cloud over it

R u, really, sure? Is that so easy? Okay then do it now, lol.

1)China will not go for a full scale conflict with india no one wants to fight for a pile of rocks
2)BD will aid either providing logistical support to us or will sit squat3)30 minutes thats the time india requires to finish the myanmar army.The InA is in a different league when compared to other armies in its immediate neighbourhood
4)Pakistan has already been checked now by the Taliban
5)The war wont be quick it will be quite long

That just counter prove that BD is vital in a war with China.
India can not use mushroom cloud on BD as the fall out will reach india in no time.

That just counter prove that BD is vital in a war with China.
India can not use mushroom cloud on BD as the fall out will reach india in no time.

it doesn't it shows your strategic insignificance

I knew Indians will come out with the example of Cuba. But, that was a cold war era. USA and Soviet Unions were at loggerhead on every issue of the world. USSR had set up nuclear capable missiles in cuba that could have destroyed one third of the US population within 5 minutes of a launching.

The blockade was only against the intruasion of Russine cargo ships that could carry atomic bombs. Even then, the world had to be soundly convinced about the necessity of that blockade. So, what is the resemblance with a probable shodown in the Bay of Bengal that you want to block for all the BD cargoes? How can you convince the world that it is needed?
Absolute BS. We all know the political background of the Cuban missile crisis. You wanted an example of successful naval blockade. I gave you an example. The whys, whens, whats and hows are irrelevant.

it doesn't it shows your strategic insignificance

We are strategically very important to both China and India. Therefore, both the countries seek BD friendship. Talk to your connection in Delhi. Let him say whay BD is geographically important even to USA.

We are strategically very important to both China and India. Therefore, both the countries seek BD friendship. Talk to your connection in Delhi. Let him say whay BD is geographically important even to USA.
surrounded by india on all sides and with a neighbour with which you may almost have a war and the andaman islands negates the strategic depth

Bangladesh is important to India. Why ? Two words - North East. The Indian supply lines to NE are long and stretched - BD offers a easy route to NE. Plus the ports of BD like Chittagong etc. are close to NE region and can be used for trade in the region. BD has a strong garment industry and possible natural gas reserves. BD also has excellent human capital (as evidenced by some bright students from BD I met in college)
India is also important to BD - India can provide help in IT, agriculture and industry to BD. All important BD rivers come from India. Sea routes to BD are dominated by India. BD goods will find a huge market in India. I was just thinking that India is trying to ban plastic bags and packing material. Jute from BD as well as local jute in India can be used to bridge the gap.

Seeing this mutual dependence - cooperation in destroying the ULFA can be beneficial to relations. India should look at this as a very positive step and help BD in other spheres esp. the water situation and climate change.
I think most posters will agree that ULFA is an irritant to better BD-India relations - BD is taking a good step - it is up to India to reciprocate.

Allow me to clarify some things here.
If there is a full scale conflict between China-India not the border skirmishes then it can be safely said that Pakistan will drag itself into the conflict.
That Pakistan will drag itself in the equation is not a safe assumption. Infact most likely Pakistan will NOT intervene physically. Dont assume things like this, its a question of a nations future.
In that case BD will become vital because it can hit hard at the weakest point of Indias defence.
Bangladesh and what army? What navy and what airforce will hit India at its weakest point of defence?

Sir, with due respect, Bangladesh's military is nothing much to speak of. It might in the future, not right now.

If BD sides with China then the outcome will be Myanmar will also side with China as everybody will want a piece of India's disintegration.
You conveniently set aside the fact that we enjoy more than friendly relations with Myanmar. We also have no border issues with Myanmar.
India provides arms right from tanks to trucks to surveillance planes to Myanmar army.

And need i remind you that you almost went to war with Myanmar recently YET you conveniently assume that because Bangladesh will support China, so will Myanmar. You presume too much.

India will lose nothing. In Kashmir, India's defence setup is more than elaborate, much more than what either China and Pakistan can bring especially in terms of airpower.

Like i said, you guys are desperate to prove that BD matters quite a lot, when infact it doesnt-atleast in the context of an India-China skirmish.

surrounded by india on all sides and with a neighbour with which you may almost have a war and the andaman islands negates the strategic depth

All were hypothetical yet.. if there were a full scale war between India and China which will bring in Pakistan into picture as well. In that pequliar scenario ofcourse Bangladesh's decision to take side will be great deal to India. If BD supporst China than its not BD but India will be surrounded. I presume China will put a knock out blow to its Chicken neck and separate India from its eastern wing. Then with China-BD force along with all those tribes will backed by Chinese air power will be a formidable force to take over Calcutta in no time. Also there will be a big push from south china sea to the Bay of Bengal and I presume Andaman will be under Chinese Control in no time with Myanmarese supplying logistics..

Mannnnn .. i cant think of anymore.... India is doomed. :devil:

iajdani - China and India will never fight a war - simple reason - economics - both are too busy getting rich! I suggest we limit our warfare to economic fields - something Afghanistan and tribal regions of Pak haven't learnt ;)

All were hypothetical yet.. if there were a full scale war between India and China which will bring in Pakistan into picture as well. In that pequliar scenario ofcourse Bangladesh's decision to take side will be great deal to India. If BD supporst China than its not BD but India will be surrounded. I presume China will put a knock out blow to its Chicken neck and separate India from its eastern wing. Then with China-BD force along with all those tribes will backed by Chinese air power will be a formidable force to take over Calcutta in no time. Also there will be a big push from south china sea to the Bay of Bengal and I presume Andaman will be under Chinese Control in no time with Myanmarese supplying logistics..

Mannnnn .. i cant think of anymore.... India is doomed. :devil:

I just loved this one :rofl: two, 2 million strong armies, armed to the teeth and nuclear weapons are fighting it out and between that you want a piece of action LOL

On a more serious note congrats to Bangladesh for their crackdown on ULFA, atleast they have sane politicians who know what is best for their country

I wonder sometimes if India-Bangladesh war does not take place in next 3-7 years what will these bangladeshi think-tank experts of PDF going to do.....We must appreciate efforts of The few and renegade to uplift the morale of their pathetic self by blabbering rubbish untiringly...both have tremendous talent and imagination to write fairytale and we should welcome them to write stories in bollywood? what wonderful imagination !?Bangladesh navy taking on Indian Navy! hahaha! Keep going guys?I am really enjoying ur fictions?.

I just loved this one :rofl: two, 2 million strong armies, armed to the teeth and nuclear weapons are fighting it out and between that you want a piece of action LOL

On a more serious note congrats to Bangladesh for their crackdown on ULFA, atleast they have sane politicians who know what is best for their country

Translation for everyone - "sane", "friendly" in indian vocabulary means subservient.

nuclears weapons means not that much in a conflict with China. india does not have military power or means to back up its military wishes against China. Thats the reality period. And a loss for india will mean disintegration. So all the huff and puff to spend billions is just using China as execuse to get access to weapons. But at the end its no use because it can not be use. But sure indians bought some bragging right spending billions and thats what we are seeing here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom