What's new

UK says will support India to build fighter jets for which it will offer "the best of British know-how on building battle-winning aircraft"

@Deino what's up with the laugh react?
Sounds good to me
"Protecting Indian ocean" basically countering China
Isn't this part of western strategy? From that pov it makes sense

@Deino what's up with the laugh react?
Sounds good to me
"Protecting Indian ocean" basically countering China
Isn't this part of western strategy? From that pov it makes sense

Sorry, but IMO the UK is trying at the moment to sell anything to nearly anyone and in mind of China, India is always a good market. However what will happen is a different story ... as such I rate this in fact a lame attempt to simply take a lot of money from India.

Boris wants to sign a trade deal with India, for another Dead Cat on the Table distraction. India accounts for about 1 percent of our trade. He will offer visas to Britain in exchange for what? Cheap call centres?

Sorry, but IMO the UK is trying at the moment to sell anything to nearly anyone and in mind of China, India is always a good market. However what will happen is a different story ... as such I rate this in fact a lame attempt to simply take a lot of money from India.

They’ve said the same things three times already. Once it comes to the crunch as in tech transfer, engine knowledge they go cold. Who wants to help when they can bring a fighter out which could in theory bump off your own products in the defence sector? Also anything shared could end up with the Russians (close Indian ties) .

Last edited:
British has done already with TFX where there are 100 BAE Aerospace engineer working there, so I think they could do the same to help AMCA program, but AMCA design is almost fixed so I rather see it as British proposal to supply the subsystems and also engine as they have the same class engine similar to F414 in trust and diameter and lenght

We couldn't even work out production of an updated Adour engine for Jaguar fleet. I really doubt how open UK is for such items.

No ToT or JVs.

Modi does not beleive in Made in India.

Modi's policy is Make for India.

India will directly buy products from the UK like it is doing from the US (P8) and France (Rafale)

UK is planning to offer Tempest as and when it is ready.

So india dont have any battle winning fighter jet yet?

What India really lacks is guts and skill not the equipment.

British has done already with TFX where there are 100 BAE Aerospace engineer working there, so I think they could do the same to help AMCA program, but AMCA design is almost fixed so I rather see it as British proposal to supply the subsystems and also engine as they have the same class engine similar to F414 in trust and diameter and lenght

Don't compare Indians with Hans or Malays.

Indians are dumb, unskilled and uneducated.

Last edited:
No ToT or JVs.

Modi does not beleive in Made in India.

Modi's policy is Make for India.

India will directly buy products from the UK like it is doing from the US (P8) and France (Rafale)

UK is planning to offer Tempest as and when it is ready.
UK isn't really flexible with any type of negotiations even. That was the reason deal for additional Hawks was dropped.

As for tempest, it is not going to happen. Everyone in Europe will eventually end up buying more F35s and will serve them for 40 years before USA comes up with a project to replace them.

Back
Top Bottom