What's new

UK refuses to return Indian diamond

chauism

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
UK refuses to return Indian diamond
From correspondents in New Delhi From: AFP July 30, 2010 5:22AM

THE real jewel in Britain's actual crown will not be returning to India, Prime Minister David Cameron said today, as he ruled out any repatriation of the famed Kohinoor diamond.

The 105 carat gemstone set in the coronation crown of the British royals was mined in the southern Indian state of Andhra Pradesh.

It was seized by the East India Company and became part of the British Crown Jewels when Queen Victoria was proclaimed Empress of India in 1877.

India has made regular requests for its return, but in an interview during his two-day visit to India, Cameron made clear that the diamond was going nowhere.

"What tends to happen with these questions is that if you say yes to one, then you would suddenly find the British Museum empty," he told the local NDTV news channel.

"I know there is a great argument about the original provenance of the Kohinoor diamond, but I am afraid to say it's going to stay put," he said.
UK refuses to return Indian diamond | News.com.au

I totally support India to take back what British had stolen from it in the past. The reason UK's PM had given is totally outrageous, and he also admitted that everything in the British Museum were looted from others.

Though I know the demand was made by a UK MP, we as Indians need to stop thinking about these items. What has happened has happened and no point correcting historical wrongs. What the British did then wouldnt have seemed out of the ordinary in those times.

I don't think they will ever return that. Crown jewels is crown jewels. Just like the British Museum refuses to return the Greek tablets from the Temple of Athena.

Someone mentioned before that people are more than welcome to take back those items the way British had taken from them.

David Camron also looted India again racking in billions worth of contracts , by fueling anti Pakistani sentiments

Great architect of decit are these brits , create problem like Kashmir and then sell weaponry under the veil of being a ally

They are notorious for forming allies and then surgically sliting allies throat - and moving with net ally

Brits used to be great allies of Otomans , when they had a beef with Brtish , and they also used to build ships for their allies , alas , they did not deliver newer ships to their allies and gradually outdated all the ships for their friends (Who were their old rivals)and when moment was right they helped break that empire

Their stupid queen and royal family living off stolen wealth from Sub continent , enjoying a cool payout from treasury

All the countries in the former British India have equal right to this diamond. Why only India can have it back ? Good decision.

^^^The hawk deal is peanuts when you compare with MRCA. It is important to have good trainers and HAWK is one of the best. Lets get back to the topic can we ?
:cheers:

yaar actually it happened right....if Britain return diamond to India than i am damn sure our leaders will looted again and it'll again goes back to Britain.

All the countries in the former British India have equal right to this diamond. Why only India can have it back ? Good decision.
Dude, because we're the largest successor state to the "countries of British India". Separation was YOUR choice. You wanted a country based on your religion.

We didn't tell you to form the separate country. Hence you lose the right and if at all it comes, it comes to us. Consider this similar to Russia being the successor permanent membe of the UNSC rather than 15 countries claiming a stake.

Burma is sanctioned, Bangladesh was not born then, that left only you and us. And we being the larger successor state have right on it.

Anyway since Britain is such a resourceless and desolate land, let them have it. Our mines can still churn out more and this time, no one can dare to take it from us. :)

the diamond was found in Andhra Pradesh which is in India.The diamond belongs here.

ok ok guys i think we no need it if they return india can take it .damn they will never i know.

and if they return lalu gee make one grand daimond ghotala and sale to zardara singh .so in they end it will come in pakistan.hahahhah

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

yaar actually it happened right....if Britain return diamond to India than i am damn sure our leaders will looted again and it'll again goes back to Britain.

agee bro its better koh e noor there atleast its afe:P

^^^The hawk deal is peanuts when you compare with MRCA. It is important to have good trainers and HAWK is one of the best. Lets get back to the topic can we ?
:cheers:

Never have known that MRCA/HAWK deal was more interesting than Sensex index! Lets get back to the topic can we ?

agee bro its better koh e noor there atleast its afe
Don't be so sure. I remember reading an article a few years back (can't find the reference, but it might have been National Geographic) that over the years the jewels of a number of European royals have been replaced with fakes.

Back
Top Bottom