What's new

UK refuses to return Indian diamond

India did not get Jaguar and Landrover for free though.

Exactly,we didn't steal them,we earned them:)
It did lower their ego though,to a small extent

It would be real fun to watch their faces when some Asian company owns Rolls-Royce or Bentley.:woot:

I know the Brits too well.

The English always act according to a set of strict protocols:

when look at the US, "OKE, we have a Special Special relationship."

when look at China, "OKE, our relationship is strategic in nature"

When look at India, " India? InWhat...?"

:lol:

British did not steal the diamond , they robbed it in broad daylight. Can anyone say what happened to the famous Peacock Throne which was robbed by Nadir Shah of Persia ? Koh-i-Noor was originally placed on this throne.

Last edited:
It did lower their ego though,to a small extent

It would be real fun to watch their faces when some Asian company owns Rolls-Royce or Bentley.:woot:

They are already being owned by two German companies.(Volkswagen AG and BMW).

I know the Brits too well.

The English always act according to a set of strict protocols:

when look at the US, "OKE, we have a Special Special relationship."

when look at China, "OKE, our relationship is strategic in nature"

When look at India, " India? InWhat...?"

:lol:
"know too well"
Is that the best you have for your overlords,be more honest and accept what your posts reflect.You seem more British than the British themselves :woot:

Chinese by race,British by trace:azn:

British did not steal the diamond , they robbed it in broad daylight. Can anyone say what happened to the famous Peacock Throne which was robbed by Nadir Shah of Persia ? Koh-i-Noor was originally placed on this throne.

"After Nader Shah was assassinated in 1747, the original Peacock Throne was stolen by the British in the chaos that ensued and shipped to South Africa, however, enroute, the ship sank and bits and pieces of the throne were rescued. Rumors were generated claiming that the throne was given to the Ottoman Sultan."

@ontopic
I'm sick of these ppl nagging for items which they believe will "restore their historical glory" and be stuck in a time warp, like nations like Portugal,rather than reforging a new identity for their nation.(EX: Japan & China) .

Last edited:
They are already being owned by two German companies.(Volkswagen AG and BMW).

British heavy industry is dead and has been dying since Maggie Thatcher. They've largely relied on their status as a banking giant to grow their economy, which was why they along with the US where the two hardest hit by the credit crunch.

I think the Brits will find that the importance of banking power is on the decline and their future is bleak. Banking follows industry not the other way around. Their BS make/play money days are numbered.

British heavy industry is dead and has been dying since Maggie Thatcher. They've largely relied on their status as a banking giant to grow their economy, which was why they along with the US where the two hardest hit by the credit crunch.

I think the Brits will find that the importance of banking power is on the decline and their future is bleak. Banking follows industry not the other way around. Their BS make/play money days are numbered.

Ironical statement for a country that is credited for the birth of the Industrial revolution. :azn:

Last edited:
only if india gives the prise of all the hard work of british rule here, the britain feeds indian migrants not to mention it..

STOP IT GUYS...Why fight over this petty issue...
The way we indians are going to UK , in some years we will in majority there...
With Indians in majority UK itself will turn into mini-india..

Do you really believe this?

About the thread,

I would say the British didn't have any culture of their own so decided to rob the Indian sub-continent of their values.

Diamonds, spices etc.

Still can't make good enough curry!

STOP IT GUYS...Why fight over this petty issue...
The way we indians are going to UK , in some years we will in majority there...
With Indians in majority UK itself will turn into mini-india.

You can get banned for such sarcasm, :Pif i interpreted your post correctly:cool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom