What's new

UAE government appoints former ISI Chief Pasha as advisor

I can agree that Pakistan's foreign policy is not decided here, but this forum has been able to voice the opinion of the more educated segment of our society. Many members have advocate good relations with the GCC but also suggested an end to our seemingly servile attitude when the same gulf monarchies are concerned.

The second point is something that I can not deny either. Each administration brings in its own ideas for foreign policy and this is not unique to Pakistan.

The third point, however, can be challenged on many fronts. For one thing, Pakistan is no longer the modern-ideal for the Gulf states. We have been transformed into a proxy/buffer against Iran. The GCC will not consider a war in their own countries, but Pakistani casualties are pretty much acceptable for them in case of a confrontation.

My idea is to have great working relations with the GCC. Apart from oil, they have a high level of influence in the White House which we can utilize. What I do oppose is a certain leaning to favour the Sheikhs while overlooking our national interests.

well said! I concur Pakistan's national interests are sacrosanct and lie above all other nations. The question here, however is, how will Pasha's new job effect Pakistan? If it favors Pakistan then he'll go and If it doesn't I'm sure he'd never take it anyway.

My personal leanings are it's a good thing - the more of our own people we have around the "sheikh" the better.

well said! I concur Pakistan's national interests are sacrosanct and lie above all other nations. The question here, however is, how will Pasha's new job effect Pakistan? If it favors Pakistan then he'll go and If it doesn't I'm sure he'd never take it anyway.

My personal leanings are it's a good thing - the more of our own people we have around the "sheikh" the better.

Just a guess here; Pasha's new position seems to have approval from relevant authorities in Pakistan. But his pro-Pakistani opinions are going to be limited and the UAE will only be looking to use his knowledge and expertise for their own goals like an Emirati Intelligence Agency or counter-intelligence concering Iran.

There's news that perhaps things with Iran are getting a bit sour and the UAE may have decided to start working on it asap and employ the best resources available.

Just a guess here; Pasha's new position seems to have approval from relevant authorities in Pakistan. But his pro-Pakistani opinions are going to be limited and the UAE will only be looking to use his knowledge and expertise for their own goals like an Emirati Intelligence Agency or counter-intelligence concering Iran.

There's news that perhaps things with Iran are getting a bit sour and the UAE may have decided to start working on it asap and employ the best resources available.

My thought's exactly - Pasha's main job will be shoring up Emirati intelligence vis-a-vis Iran. The Emirati's aren't too fond of our pipeline plans either. We'll have to wait and see how things pan out -
Obviously the Emirati's will milk as much expertise as possible - but then again they are paying top dollar for his services for their nation - not Pakistan.

Why you guys are forgetting 1 thing He was the head of ISI he accepted that Job When he was given permission To do it , And if he was that easy to handle then why every one was against him

If I may: the appointment is peculiar, thus the thread and all the speculations. He may have made personal friends with the sheikhs and they may have asked him to come over after retirement and he may have asked for NOCs and didnt get refused, may had given a little de-briefing interview and flown away to party. The pleasure will be all his and the sheikhs'.

don't you think that pak will be sandwithched b/w UAE and IRAN then??yes this is a good point indeed that Pasha's entry might effect iran,but i want to raise another question as well,don't you guys think that Pasha's influence might increase pro pakistani effects in UAE,also ISI will find an official route to sneak in UAE so they might understand the other non friendly agencies working secretly inside UAE?

If I may: the appointment is peculiar, thus the thread and all the speculations. He may have made personal friends with the sheikhs and they may have asked him to come over after retirement and he may have asked for NOCs and didnt get refused, may had given a little de-briefing interview and flown away to party. The pleasure will be all his and the sheikhs'.

MAN,HE NO COMMON BUSSINESSMAN,HE IS former DG ISI,and when a millitary intelligence director is called out,it means that something is really cooking in strategical cauldron..:cheers:

why the hell TTP will say that they are working with CIA..... there are only few people who interact with CIA for confidentiality if they will say they r working for CIA Do they will get recruitment of children to bomb blast in the name of Islam....

hmmm...and i have heared that they have made their fake heaven,they bring 12,13,15 year old children out there and brainwashed them,this reminds me of hashasheen of past..!!

Sir their is no such things as Wahabism

prove Muhammad bin Abdul Wahab wrong through Quran and Sunnah not your personal opinion

Ok , I take your word for it ...

Then if nothing as Wahhabism exists as per you , why the hell would you want anyone to disprove it ? :azn:

The intolerance towards other sects and religions to the point of heinous violence which is a core-idea of that ideology - proves him wrong , there's no need to bring anything else on for that , the thing which is morally wrong is wrong in itself ... Simple as that ... Since only God can decide anyone's faith so there cant be any authority on determining who's a Muslim or not , hence there's certainly no need for takfiris - which are rampant in Pakistan ...

P.S I remember @salman_108 mentioning with great religious zeal how " Shias do not like what Muslims like " , what exactly is the difference between the two except that they are two different sects ? :azn:

On topic " What exact difficulty are some members facing in understanding the importance of that position and the implications of such a move by a high ranking member of ISI ( actually the highest ) ? "

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok , I take your word for it ...

Then if nothing as Wahhabism exists as per you , why the hell would you want anyone to disprove it ? :azn:

The intolerance towards other sects and religions to the point of heinous violence which is a core-idea of that ideology - proves him wrong , there's no need to bring anything else on for that , the thing which is morally wrong is wrong in itself ... Simple as that ... Since only God can decide anyone's faith so there cant be any authority on determining who's a Muslim or not hence there's certainly no need for takfiris - which are rampant in Pakistan ...

P.S I remember @salman_108 mentioning with great religious zeal how " Shias do not like what Muslims like " , what exactly is the difference between the two except that they two different sects ? :azn:

Would love to get some evidence for the 'heinous violence against other religions & sects' that is the core ideology of that belief system ! :tup:

On my part I've come across more radicalized Barelvis, Debobandis & even Shias then Ahl-e-Hadith or Wahabi in common parlance !

Would love to get some evidence for the 'heinous violence against other religions & sects' that is the core ideology of that belief system ! :tup:

On my part I've come across more radicalized Barelvis, Debobandis & even Shias then Ahl-e-Hadith or Wahabi in common parlance !

Come to the tribal areas :tup: ... They all claim to follow the " Wahhabi " ideology or the methods of " Mr . Wahab " ... The imported Islam in the 80's was the one which we are referring to and no need needs a reminder how much has it harmed Pakistan , now do we , bro ?

I am certainly not excluding others from that intolerance - since every extremists pursues the same path but the Wahhabis have a very high tendency of indulging in such acts or declaring other people " Infidels " ...

Come to the tribal areas :tup: ... They all claim to follow the " Wahhabi " ideology or the methods of " Mr . Wahab " ... The imported Islam in the 80's was the one which we are referring to and no need needs a reminder how much has it harmed Pakistan , now do we , bro ?

I am certainly not excluding others from that intolerance - since every extremists pursues the same path but the Wahhabis have a very high tendency of indulging in such acts or declaring other people " Infidels " ...

I dunno mate as far I know most of them are Deobandis...heck even the purported father of the Taliban 'Sami-ul-Haq' is a Deobandi scholar with his own religious seminary; most of these Ahl-e-Hadith (Wahabi) seminaries are probably in Punjab & at that Southern Punjab.

But khair what I was asking was that I've heard this said time & again 'Wahabi this & Wahabi that' but I'd liked to know what was in Mr.Wahab's ideology to begin with that ever talked about Takfir or any of those things ? I've often seen people erroneously speak of Wahabism & Syed Qutub's Qutubism (Al-Qaeeda's alleged Ideology) as if they were synonymous when they are not...not even by a long margin.

So I want to know 'What core belief are we talking about & do we have any evidence to corroborate that from Wahab's writings ?'.

So I want to know 'What core belief are we talking about & do we have any evidence to corroborate that from Wahab's writings ?'.

The determination of who's a Muslim or not and what to do with the " infidels " - that core belief , my friend , the best way to kill a opposer for the extremist ... At the moment , no , but I will post it :)

P.S I will not defend no sects or extremists @Armstrong ... I know every sect has carried out these acts in the past , I am merely referring to the high tendency of followers of Mr Wahab to pursue violence against those who oppose them or disagree with their interpretation ... The lessons learnt from the so called Afghan Jihad ( where different factions were fighting for power as evidenced by their continued killing of each other long after Soviets left and the Peshawar accord was signed ) are enough , more than it , actually ...

The determination of who's a Muslim or not and what to do with the " infidels " - that core belief , my friend , the best way to kill a opposer for the extremist ... At the moment , no , but I will post it :)

Oye thats what I'm saying....I've heard that but not anymore than what the other extremist elements from other sects talk about so why are them Wahabis singled out as evil incarnate when I personally couldn't find anything extreme in the literature I was reading up on them & other sects anymore than what crazy Mullahs are in the habit of doing.

I've always understood them to be...perhaps the Lutheran or Calvanist approach to Islam as opposed to what the others do but certainly nothing nearly as extreme as they are labelled with & made out to be evil incarnate !

Oye thats what I'm saying....I've heard that but not anymore than what the other extremist elements from other sects talk about so why are them Wahabis singled out as evil incarnate when I personally couldn't find anything extreme in the literature I was reading up on them & other sects anymore than what crazy Mullahs are in the habit of doing.

I've always understood them to be...perhaps the Lutheran or Calvanist approach to Islam as opposed to what the others do but certainly nothing nearly as extreme as they are labelled with & made out to be evil incarnate !

More to do with the acts of the people following him and the severity of their actions - that is whats making them evil incarnate even though every other sect has its fair share of al extremists ... I do not expect Mr Wahab to ask his followers to carry out violence against others explicitly but from what I have heard and understood - the implied message is the same ... What have you read ? Correct me here , if I am wrongly targeting him :D

No , since the emergence of this terrorism menace , all blame , right or wrong has pointed to Wahhabism ideology imported in the 80's ... Not an evil incarnate literally , but nothing better than it even :)

Back
Top Bottom