What's new

U.S. Will Not Let Iran Buy Arms When U.N. Embargo Ends: Pompeo

Well, do you think they mind that? If the JCPOA ends in September 2020, they have successfully stopped Iran's nuclear program for 5 years and sent it back to at least 10 years ago with the least trouble.

Think of it this way: We won't have enough enriched uranium for a fission bomb for at least a year even if we employ our full capacity. Oil prices are already too low. So, they won't mind us bombing Arab oil facilities and infrastructures to 50 years ago.

They can play that game, but I think they understand that if Iran walks away from this deal, they will not only have a much harder time getting it back there, but if a deal is made again, good luck getting same level of concessions. As for them having stopped Iranian program. You're right the program was technically "delayed", but it's not like Iran was rushing for a bomb openly. Iran's program was growing at a calculated rate. Iran itself has said, it's program can go back to pre-JCPOA quickly, then once it does, Iran can expand it to whatever level it wishes. So no, I don't have the same feeling of loss as you do.

They can play that game, but I think they understand that if Iran walks away from this deal, they will not only have a much harder time getting it back there, but if a deal is made again, good luck getting same level of concessions. As for them having stopped Iranian program. You're right the program was technically "delayed", but it's not like Iran was rushing for a bomb openly. Iran's program was growing at a calculated rate. Iran itself has said, it's program can go back to pre-JCPOA quickly, then once it does, Iran can expand it to whatever level it wishes. So no, I don't have the same sense of loss as you do.
Quickly? How quickly? And who said that? Salehi? Do you really believe him?
They said that if the US pulled out of the JCPOA, we would return to pre-JCPOA after 2 months. 2 years later, we are at the best scenario 7 months to 1 year away from pre-JCPOA numbers assuming our full capacity employed as announced.

What concessions could they ask for? Our nuclear program has become completely neutralized. If they want concessions this time, they will target our ballistic missile program. I think they already know another deal with us impossible. Specially now that the reformists are losing power. But they don't really mind the status quo either. Why should they? It is Iran that is losing money and can't change the situation, not them.

They said that if the US pulled out of the JCPOA, we would return to pre-JCPOA after 2 months. 2 years later, we are at the best scenario 7 months to 1 year away from pre-JCPOA numbers assuming our full capacity employed as announced.

What concessions could they ask for? Our nuclear program has become completely neutralized. If they want concessions this time, they will target our ballistic missile program. I think they already know another deal with us impossible. Specially now that the reformists are losing power. But they don't really mind the status quo either. Why should they? It is Iran that is losing money and can't change the situation, not them.

Very good post. US cnt hurt any nation including China.

They said that if the US pulled out of the JCPOA, we will return to pre-JCPOA after 2 months. 2 years later, we are at the best scenario 7 months to 1 year away from pre-JCPOA numbers assuming our full capacity as announced.

You and I have had this similar/same conversation in this thread already so no need for Deja vu. Time is ticking and we'll witness what will happen over this arms embargo antics by the American government. My prediction is as before, nothing major will come out of it.

Iran wants to buy SU-57. This will be Iran's ace against the F-35.

The su-30 and mig-35 are the most affordable option for Iran. Russians desperately need money and are willing to TOT.

China is not too concerned about arms exports because its economy is much better than Russia, arms exports are not their only source of revenue. China does not want relations with Arabia saudi and israel affected by the sale of weapons to Iran.

China will support Iran economically, not militarily

Iran wants to buy SU-57. This will be Iran's ace against the F-35.

The su-30 and mig-35 are the most affordable option for Iran. Russians desperately need money and are willing to TOT.

China is not too concerned about arms exports because its economy is much better than Russia, arms exports are not their only source of revenue. China does not want relations with Arabia saudi and israel affected by the sale of weapons to Iran.

China will support Iran economically, not militarily

China just knows how to sell cheap stuff in large quantities. China needs to support its own military first.

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/b...ver-bought-russias-old-aircraft-carrier-92866

China buys old stuff from Russia. Like the aircraft carrier. At least Russia made some money out of it.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ers-china-buyers-circle-idUSTRE76L54J20110722

China buying more old aircraft carriers. This time UK was scrapping.

Last edited:
China just knows how to sell cheap stuff in large quantities. China needs to support its own military first.

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/b...ver-bought-russias-old-aircraft-carrier-92866

China buys old stuff from Russia. Like the aircraft carrier. At least Russia made some money out of it.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ers-china-buyers-circle-idUSTRE76L54J20110722

and making aircraft carriers as its own, and nationalinterest sites are known to be anti china site

and making aircraft carriers as its own, and nationalinterest sites are known to be anti china site

The truth is the truth.

China just imitates. It is used to buying old stuff from Russia. At least Russia made some money and got rid of it.

I cnt reason with you.
You are blocked.

do you read the article you posted?? its not buying by Chinese DOD or govt but Chinese business men who interested to buy to build amusement park

The truth is the truth.

China just imitates. It is used to buying old stuff from Russia. At least Russia made some money and got rid of it.

I cnt reason with you.
You are blocked.
you're blind, they only buy to know how how to build carrier themselves, and your second article state that it will be buy buy Chinese businessmen for build a amusement park on it not Chinese govt/Military @Mr Happy :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::devil::devil:

The truth is the truth.

I cnt reason with you.
You are blocked.
This also truth they are building 2 carriers by it own @Mr Happy

Can not be from China.
If Iran wants to order 24 J-10C, Saudi will pay and buy 48 for Pakistan and ask China to drop the deal with Iran. This kind of strategy is brutal but useful at most of time.
According to our source, the gulf countries have funed Pakistan to buy the VT-4 and SH-15, these will take up the production line for many years.
If there is any, it can only be some spares and the gulf country does not care much about it.

China has the largest ship building industry in the world..are you denying that?
You can argue it doesnt has sensors but arguing it cant build an aircarft carrier when it can build even bigger container ships is just lame
Anyway ambitious ships its built are larger than indian ACC

If this snap-back can happen by merely having one member complaining...then shame on Iran for signing it. I cannot believe this can happen. This a dirty trick. Even so we're not getting any benefit from sanction relief. I interpreted it as the non-performance after being reported to the UNSC has to be verified by the IAEA.... If the IAEA does claim non-performance then you have grounds for it going to arbitration of 3....one picked by the nation making the claim, the other by Iran and the 3rd by the body. And even then the paper says the outcome is non-binding. After a brief period of time, of no resolution, it goes to a vote in the UNSC.....like any other UNSC vote and the members with veto power can stop it, or approve it with 9 out of the 1 votes. Again just like numerous other UNSC actions that got stopped because of U.S. vetoing it. If this is not true then Iran lost the chess game. They should have known better when that paragraph was introduced. SMH...

Below is the excerpt of the JCPOA....I don't think the U.S. can trigger the complaint but the UK (Boris being in Trump's pocket) might. The very surprising factor is if the complaining member is the one with veto power...no matter what Iran does, they may choose to not accept and by vetoing any resolution the vote will fail and sanctions returned.....if this is not a joke I don't know what is.
37. Upon receipt of the notification from the complaining participant, as described above, including a description of the good-faith efforts the participant made to exhaust the dispute resolution process specified in this JCPOA, the UN Security Council, in accordance with its procedures, shall vote on a resolution to continue the sanctions lifting. If the resolution described above has not been adopted within 30 days of the notification, then the provisions of the old UN Security Council resolutions would be re-imposed, unless the UN Security Council decides otherwise.

UNSC is 15 member body of which 5 hold veto power.....need 9 votes for a majority, that means 6 members can vote against and the resolution can still pass.
However, all of this is besides the point. Iran according to IAEA (the appointed body to report on Iran's compliance) has not filed a non-performance against Iran, so in the eyes of the UNSC Iran is still within compliance of the JCPOA.......so there is no ground for any member state to report Iran to the UNSC for non-performance or violation within the JCPOA...if the US has issues with Iran's behavior it cannot be about JCPOA's violation, so if no JCPOA violation, there is no ground for snap-back.

Last edited:
China has the largest ship building industry in the world..are you denying that?
You can argue it doesnt has sensors but arguing it cant build an aircarft carrier when it can build even bigger container ships is just lame
Anyway ambitious ships its built are larger than indian ACC

Your argument is flawed. Read my post again if you wish.

A Muslim should not argue in Ramadhan.
Assalamu Alaykum.

Back
Top Bottom