What's new

U.S Presidential Elections

I noticed that too. It just goes to show that the U.S is still very racist.

Instead of voting for a candidate on what they stand for, Americans vote based on race. People vote for obama because he is black because they think that makes them "intelligent" and "progressive" It's a wider problem of moving towards political correctness and far left wing extremism

I was discussing this with a friend of mine who was a political science major in the US. His view is that the whole point of democracy is for people to vote for someone who they feel is in tune with their concerns. So women might vote for a woman candidate, ditto for people of a given race. So, it's more about a candidate convincing people that he/she is sensitive to their concerns.

Remember that Bill Clinton was sometimes called the first black President of the US, because African-Americans felt that he was so in tune with their concerns.

Both Obama and Romney would continue Drone Strikes.

The Era that Republicans would be good for Pakistan and Democrats be bad for Pakistan are over.
Drone strikes may have continued but Republicans are not as cold towards Pakistan as Democrats.

Pakistan needs to change its tune or it will become a pariah state.
This I agree with.

I was discussing this with a friend of mine who was a political science major in the US. His view is that the whole point of democracy is for people to vote for someone who they feel is in tune with their concerns. So women might vote for a woman candidate, ditto for people of a given race. So, it's more about a candidate convincing people that he/she is sensitive to their concerns.

Remember that Bill Clinton was sometimes called the first black President of the US, because African-Americans felt that he was so in tune with their concerns.
Obama won re-election because he did exactly what he condemned when he ran the first time: "If you don't have a record to run on, then you paint your opponent as someone people should run from." And he did it against Romney to good effect. It is always easier for the undecided, which includes those who voted for him the first time because they are undecided about his record, to stay with the devil you know than to take a chance with the devil you do not. Romney's character is that of a good person and there are plenty of personal testimonies about that. It was the mischaracterizations of his record as a businessman that did the most damages to Romney. The Obama campaign knew what they did was wrong about Romney's character and his business experience and in a way, they had no choice but to resort to character assassinations.

Of course, a couple of Republican males making insensitive comments about rapes did not help Romney one bit. :lol:

No, republicans have been typically good for Pakistan.

you're not reading ppl's responses

Republicans would have continued the strikes. Romney already stated that he would continue them. If anything, he would have expanded it.

And Obama has been worse for Iran than Bush so you're wrong on that front as well.

Obama won re-election because he did exactly what he condemned when he ran the first time: "If you don't have a record to run on, then you paint your opponent as someone people should run from." And he did it against Romney to good effect. It is always easier for the undecided, which includes those who voted for him the first time because they are undecided about his record, to stay with the devil you know than to take a chance with the devil you do not. Romney's character is that of a good person and there are plenty of personal testimonies about that. It was the mischaracterizations of his record as a businessman that did the most damages to Romney. The Obama campaign knew what they did was wrong about Romney's character and his business experience and in a way, they had no choice but to resort to character assassinations.

Both sides did the same, if I recall. So... all's fair in love and war.

Of course, I still think unlimited super-PAC funding is an unbelievable law.

Both sides did the same, if I recall. So... all's fair in love and war.
Now is a good time for Reid's unnamed source who told him that Romney did not pay taxes for a decade to appear. This will definitely sealed Romney's character coffin. But do not hold your breath that this imaginary friend will appear any time in this and the next generation. Reid was already well known in the Senate as a consumate backstabber when necessary. This will further cement that reputation beyond doubt.

Looks like the Dems are getting a majority in Senate as well.

Senate is more powerful than the house right?

What is more surprising than Barry getting reelected is the two American states that legalized cannabis today:drag:. Coincidence?!

Looks like the Dems are getting a majority in Senate as well.

Senate is more powerful than the house right?
Technically speaking, meaning according to strict interpretation of the US Constitution, the House trumps the Senate in many ways, most significantly -- the country's purse strings. It is only out of courtesy that the House usually delay many bills out of respect for the Senate. But if the House wants to be a real A-hole, it can shut the Senate out.

Technically speaking, meaning according to strict interpretation of the US Constitution, the House trumps the Senate in many ways, most significantly -- the country's purse strings. It is only out of courtesy that the House usually delay many bills out of respect for the Senate. But if the House wants to be a real A-hole, it can shut the Senate out.

incorrect

they both carry equal weight, just perform different duties.

ground pounder.

Now is a good time for Reid's unnamed source who told him that Romney did not pay taxes for a decade to appear. This will definitely sealed Romney's character coffin. But do not hold your breath that this imaginary friend will appear any time in this and the next generation. Reid was already well known in the Senate as a consumate backstabber when necessary. This will further cement that reputation beyond doubt.

Reid was the willing sacrificial piece to attack Romney's credibility.

Because they calculated that the loss of Reid's reputation is nothing compared to the effect of putting the focus directly on Romney.

197063_131154553701534_810117648_n.jpg

incorrect

they both carry equal weight

ground pounder.
Think before you correct me. Each side have responsibilities and duties that are assigned by the Constitution and may not trespass each other's rights and privileges. I specifically mentioned the country's purse strings because bills and by extensions the money allocated to them, originate and approved in the House, not the Senate.

Kids in the House - High School - How a Bill Becomes a Law
While most bills can originate in either Chamber, bills regarding revenue always begin in the U.S. House of Representatives.

Senate Action

If a bill passes in the U.S. House of Representatives, an exact copy is sent to the U.S. Senate. The bill is sent to a Senate committee for review and discussion before proceeding to the Senate floor for a vote. The Senate, like the House, considers each amendment separately before the bill is voted on. Unlike the House, the Senate typically votes by voice.

The Bill Returns to the House

If the bill is passed by the Senate, both the House and Senate bills are returned to the House with a note indicating any changes. If the Senate has made amendments, the House must vote on the bill again as both Chambers of Congress must agree to identical legislation in order for it to become law. If the Speaker of the House decides the Senate amendments require further research, the bill can be sent back to committee before the House votes again.
It is a children's website but in your case, it is appropriate.

Back
Top Bottom