What's new

U.S Presidential Elections

For better or for worse, hence as you said before they have to compromise. We have various compromises in the past especially dealing with slavery and in new territories.

The Missouri compromise didn't really work out, Civil War and all that. But it's the truth that the current iteration of the Republican party and the Democratic party are incapable of compromise. The no-tax-raise pledge is one such example. You have one side refusing to pass legislation for the sole reason of being put forward by the other, even if it was already a compromise.

Not everybody voted Obama and you are going to have people simmering with anger if only the majority passes laws that pleases them while alienating the minority which is still significant.

I would say majority rule is the main feature of representative democracy. State laws are passed all the time that alienate the dissenting minority, so nothing is changed.

Is that what YOU want, a government that is efficient at passing laws over consequences?

With 16 trill of debt being in the 'right direction'?

Hardly. I'll prefer a government that efficiently passes laws through compromise. But it only works in a country without such political polarization. So what can you do?

I've had a look at the plans to cut the deficit, and with Romney's projected defense budget and economic plan, the deficit will increase at a much higher rate. Not very sustainable.

Democrats are better than Republicans.

Speaking of "aggressive war mentality of Republicans".

The Missouri compromise didn't really work out, Civil War and all that. But it's the truth that the current iteration of the Republican party and the Democratic party are incapable of compromise. The no-tax-raise pledge is one such example. You have one side refusing to pass legislation for the sole reason of being put forward by the other, even if it was already a compromise.

The Missouri Compromise and others before it have tried to address the issue before and it was a delicate issue. But that don't mean we should apply that failure to all others and there will be no compromise because we only had one civil war. Heck the original colonies wouldn't even be united unless they agree on some of the issues that were addressed especially states rights and federal govt.

I would say majority rule is the main feature of representative democracy. State laws are passed all the time that alienate the dissenting minority, so nothing is changed.

Thats state laws its not the same as applying federal law to all states. Even in Congress each state would have 2 senators automatically instead of the number of senators based on population. Because they know that the minority needs to be represented.

I am reading people's responses. My point stands that Republicans are not as cold towards Pakistan as Democrats.

Are you kidding? Republicans are the worst for Pakistan.

Pressler Amendment.....Larry Lee Pressler was a Republican

Hardly. I'll prefer a government that efficiently passes laws through compromise. But it only works in a country without such political polarization. So what can you do?

I've had a look at the plans to cut the deficit, and with Romney's projected defense budget and economic plan, the deficit will increase at a much higher rate. Not very sustainable.
Some issues cannot be compromised unless one is willing to compromise one's principles.

As far as the debt goes...

There are two ways to pay off the debt:

- Raise taxes.

- Raise income.

For the second option, the tax rate remains the same but because there is now more of the income the final tax amount is increased. The first option is easy: Just pass a law saying so. The second option is more problematic because it require a higher understanding of economics, be amenable to business, and a willingness to be patient.

Obama is the first option type of leader. He is ideologically driven to be hostile to the accumulation of wealth, even if earned by honest labor, but it is easier to simply see all profit as sourced from dishonesty and immorality. He has proved to be woefully ignorant of even basic economics. Then when the ideology and the ignorance mate, the offspring are incompetence and ineptitude at managing an existing capitalist society.

Some issues cannot be compromised unless one is willing to compromise one's principles.

As far as the debt goes...

There are two ways to pay off the debt:

- Raise taxes.

- Raise income.

For the second option, the tax rate remains the same but because there is now more of the income the final tax amount is increased. The first option is easy: Just pass a law saying so. The second option is more problematic because it require a higher understanding of economics, be amenable to business, and a willingness to be patient.

Obama is the first option type of leader. He is ideologically driven to be hostile to the accumulation of wealth, even if earned by honest labor, but it is easier to simply see all profit as sourced from dishonesty and immorality. He has proved to be woefully ignorant of even basic economics. Then when the ideology and the ignorance mate, the offspring are incompetence and ineptitude at managing an existing capitalist society.

WRONG. Not only 2 ways.

U.S. can also

cut/reduce spending

And Its Increase Revenue not Income.

silly ground pounder.

Some tweets from heartbroken Donald Trump :D :

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump
The electoral college is a disaster for a democracy.

This election is a total sham and a travesty. We are not a democracy!

We can't let this happen. We should march on Washington and stop this travesty. Our nation is totally divided!

this thread shows how stupid Pakistanis living abroad are

You should be happy. Romney was bad news for Iran.

Unfortunately, Obama is bad news for Pakistan.

Pakistan is bad news for itself

WRONG. Not only 2 ways.

U.S. can also

cut/reduce spending
Can but not must.

What is the difference between 'revenue' and 'income'?

What's the difference between revenue and income? - Business - Answer Desk | NBC News
Q: The terms Revenue and Income are often used in reporting earnings. What is the difference? — Audrey W.
A: Revenue (sometimes called sales) refers to all the money a company takes in from doing what it does — whether making goods or providing services. Other sources of funds — including investment gains — are usually labeled as such but also included as revenue. (Occasionally, you’ll see this number referred to as “gross income.”)
“Net income” is the phrase commonly used to refer to a company’s “profit.” It represents how much money the company has left over, if any, after it’s paid the costs of doing business — payroll, raw materials, taxes, interest on loans, etc..
I was talking about taxes paid by INDIVIDUALS as part of citizenship. Enact policies that encourage businesses, which will stimulate the economy, which will make labor, intellectual and physical, more competitive, which will increase gross pay, which will increase the tax amount, and which will increase net personal income to inject back into the economy.

silly ground pounder.
Smarter than you, moron. But given how ignorant you are so far about 'revenue' versus 'income', it looks like I have a job while you are still mooching off ma and pa. :lol:

I am reading people's responses. My point stands that Republicans are not as cold towards Pakistan as Democrats.

This guy a republican is vehemently anti-Pakistan- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dana_Rohrabacher .. the point is that both parties are not any different in their foreign policy when it comes to pleasing Israel

the facade of BO somehow being better for Pakistan is only for gullible Pakistanis to believe

WRONG. Not only 2 ways.

U.S. can also

cut/reduce spending

silly ground pounder.

Exactly, but that's what many americans simply don't understand, or are not used to, that you can only spend the money that you have, or that you are able to pay back. If they really would want to reduce the dept, the first thing they have to do is bring back a big part of their troops from Europe, Japan or the Gulf region, end the wars (especially the made up once), cut the military budget.
Raising taxes of the rich will not pay off the dept, it is a way to get the government additional money to fund other programs, for example modernising the infrastructure that is in a bad condition in the US as well, or to improve certain reforms to push the economy again. These in return will increase the income of the people and get the government more money to pay the dept as well, but reduction of spending is the most important step!

From the 2 candidates, Obama was clearly the only one that had understand that. Romney wanted to reduce taxes, which lowers the income of the government, he wanted to increase military spending with no way to balance the spending again, he wanted to stay even longer in Iraq and Afghanistan, which will cost even more billions, so basically everything that you can do against paying of the debt!

Can but not must.

What is the difference between 'revenue' and 'income'?

What's the difference between revenue and income? - Business - Answer Desk | NBC News

I was talking about taxes paid by INDIVIDUALS as part of citizenship. Enact policies that encourage businesses, which will stimulate the economy, which will make labor, intellectual and physical, more competitive, which will increase gross pay, which will increase the tax amount, and which will increase net personal income to inject back into the economy.

Smarter than you, moron. But given how ignorant you are so far about 'revenue' versus 'income', it looks like I have a job while you are still mooching off ma and pa. :lol:

you posted the definition and you still do not understand which is the proper term to be used in this context.

A: Revenue (sometimes called sales) refers to all the money a company takes in from doing what it does — whether making goods or providing services.

do you still not get it?

ground pounder.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom