What's new

U.S Presidential Elections

I have a family in florida. Last elections they voted for obama\democrats now they told me the going to vote for mitt. There are half million jews is florida and florida hold huge numbers of electors. Most of the jewish community in florida going to vote for mitt.
The problem is the huge debt and 7.8% citizen with no job. Obama solution is foolish intervention in the market and handing over Federal reserve to collapse companys this will not create new jobs.

Majority of the Jewish community are democrats although the Republican party is definitely more pro Jewish (what with all the evangelical Christians in the party) so the Jewish vote if it does flip this year could be a game changer as well. :coffee:

I have a family in florida. Last elections they voted for obama\democrats now they told me the going to vote for mitt. There are half million jews is florida and florida hold huge numbers of electors. Most of the jewish community in florida going to vote for mitt.
The problem is the huge debt and 7.8% citizen with no job. Obama solution is foolish intervention in the market and handing over Federal reserve to collapse companys this will not create new jobs.

Florida with its 29 EC votes is a CRUCIAL state to win for both camps.

Florida with its 29 EC votes is a CRUCIAL state to win for both camps.

This is where that Hispanic vote that somebody was saying holds little value will come into play. 25% of Florida residents are Hispanic (give or take 2%).

Economy is Obama's biggest problem, and if people are voting purely on economy then Obama has less chances of winning.

Ok so this funny: I told my friend(he is black) I voted for Romney and he said that it is racist, and this really surprised me since I am brown. And it is really bothering me that when whites vote for a white person it is racism but when blacks vote for blacks it is completely fine. WTF is that.(Not trying to be Racist).

The electoral votes are the number of Representatives in the House and the Number of Senators in the Senate. Each state has two senators while the number of Reps. are depended on the states population. There are something like 538 electoral votes all together, and it is these votes that count. The popular votes are just a gauge to see as to which side the electoral votes would lean on.

But i still din't understood how Bush won if he lost on popular vote, taking example of Indian electoral system, if say i want to elect a President from congress party, i will vote a congress Representative who will further vote for the congress nominee through electoral college, if the majority want congress to win than they will elect majority congress representatives, so how does the system change (or vote change) in the US in b/w the two stages i.e. popular vote & electoral college??

But i still din't understood how Bush won if he lost on popular vote, taking example of Indian electoral system, if say i want to elect a President from congress party, i will vote a congress Representative who will further vote for the congress nominee through electoral college, if the majority want congress to win than they will elect majority congress representatives, so how does the system change (or vote change) in the US in b/w the two stages i.e. popular vote & electoral college??

Bush won because Florida was really close and he was awarded the Florida electoral votes which put him over the electoral votes needed to be declared President.

Okay so I am guessing here so people if this is wrong correct me, I think that the voting of electoral votes is up to the reps. so its up to them is to who they vote for regardless of what their constituency picks.

Any results in? Exit polls 3 hours ago said Romney was ahead by a hair.

Economy is Obama's biggest problem, and if people are voting purely on economy then Obama has less chances of winning.

Ok so this funny: I told my friend(he is black) I voted for Romney and he said that it is racist, and this really surprised me since I am brown. And it is really bothering me that when whites vote for a white person it is racism but when blacks vote for blacks it is completely fine. WTF is that.(Not trying to be Racist).

What makes you think Romney can change the economy when he has not told anyone how he will do so?? Unless you voted for him for a different reason, just curious.

Okay so I am guessing here so people if this is wrong correct me, I think that the voting of electoral votes is up to the reps. so its up to them is to who they vote for regardless of what their constituency picks.

The real truth is that America is a Republic first and foremost and in a Republic the President is elected by his peers (Senators/ Representatives) hence the electoral college and only slowly became a representative democracy although it still retains characteristics of a Republic.

Read this informative article to understand what I mean by this.

America: Republic or Democracy?

What makes you think Romney can change the economy when he has not told anyone how he will do so?? Unless you voted for him for a different reason, just curious.

Same can be said about Obama, the main difference is that Romney has a back ground in doing business and turning around failing companies. He has even worked and helped balance the budget for his state. So in the Economy section he has an edge since he has experience.

I think in the end obama will win because of swing states.
Obama have better chance to win in ohio and virginia

Bush won because Florida was really close and he was awarded the Florida electoral votes which put him over the electoral votes needed to be declared President.

Last thing, if Florida has 29 EC votes, & majority of people vote for democrat candidate, does that mean all 29 EC votes go for Obama & Romney doesn't get even one EC vote??

Same can be said about Obama, the main difference is that Romney has a back ground in doing business and turning around failing companies. He has even worked and helped balance the budget for his state. So in the Economy section he has an edge since he has experience.

Expecting Obama to fix a mess in 4 years which took Bush 8 years to create is unrealistic. Not to mention running a company is different than running a country so the same does not apply and unless you are a rich person who makes well over 250k a year Romney's plan to decrease taxes for the rich does you no benefit. (Which btw is the one thing he is sure of)

Also how can expect an idiot like Romney to take charge of the worlds greatest armed forces when he does not even know common geography (example him saying Syria is Iran route to the Ocean :hitwall:).

Last thing, if Florida has 29 EC votes, & majority of people vote for democrat candidate, does that mean all 29 EC votes go for Obama & Romney doesn't get even one EC vote??

Nah if you win the electoral votes for a particular state you get all the votes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom