What's new

U.S. gives Iran a timeout! LOL!

@BlueInGreen2 I have no doubt that any "invasion" would be met with resistance. I don't have a crystal ball, I am only an "armchair general" and am simply speculating here, but I assume the modus operandi of the American military when it comes to IRI would not involve putting boots on the ground. Rather IRI will suffer the same faith as Syria and Libya: degrade/destroy the state to the point where it is no longer an effective government, allow for suppressed minorities (Kurds, Lurs, Arabs, Baluchis, etc) to take up arms, and effectively remove IRI as a threat to its neighbors.

My point is that the cost to IRI, and Iranian people, would be astronomical. As R. R. Martin says "we make peace with our enemies", and it behooves IRI to heed that advice.

I am sure IRI has a multi-tiered defense structure that is well oiled and efficient at non-combatant suppression. It's one thing to beat, torture, and kill unarmed civilians, it's completely a different story fighting the US military. IRI has displayed the former frequently, but not the latter.

Of what kind of Iranian background are you? Azeri, Kurd, Lur, Turk Persian? (Just wanted to know).

I haven't seen Iran repress it's minorities nearly as much as you state.

Of what kind of Iranian background are you? Azeri, Kurd, Lur, Turk Persian? (Just wanted to know).

@BlueInGreen2 I am not a minority. I am a Fars. I am quite surprised that you would say Iran does NOT repress it's minorities: there is a bloody conflict going on between the Kurds and IRI. How about Bahais, or Sunnis? The Arabs in the south, or Baluchis? These are minorities with deep grievances that have been repressed for a long time.

Don't feed the troll.
It is confused :sarcastic:

@BlueInGreen2 I am not a minority. I am a Fars. I am quite surprised that you would say Iran does NOT repress it's minorities: there is a bloody conflict going on between the Kurds and IRI. How about Bahais, or Sunnis? The Arabs in the south, or Baluchis? These are minorities with deep grievances that have been repressed for a long time.

I didn't say it doesn't repress it's minorities, all countries do. I said that I don't see Iran being as repressive as the West claims it to be.

The talk of war is really frightening on this thread. I have been coming to this forum for a while, but only recently joined it. One constant thread I have noticed coming from Iranian commentators here is that they believe IRI can take on the US, and come out the victor. I would remind the following:
  • The US continues to be the undisputed naval behemoth. Neither Russia, China, or any country for that matter, can match the US dominance at sea.
  • The US Air Force is the master of the skies, and will continue to be for a foreseeable future.
  • The US Marines are the best equipped and trained expeditionary force anywhere.
Does IRI have the "capability", I am not referring to IRI's "will", but "capability" in its technical definition, to match such a force? I think not.

Iranians on this thread may argue otherwise, and will definitely be very unhappy with my 2 cents here, and I am sure I will be insulted and threatened, but the truth is quite different from what IRIB, PressTV, etc would have them believe.

IRI has a 10 million strong Basij force (IRI's own numbers) trained not to fight external threats, but internal discontent. A 10 million strong force takes up a lot of precious resources, and clearly broadcasts to everyone where the state's priorities lie: stay in power at any cost. If I am not mistaken, Mr. Khomainie himself declared that IRI is more important than the faith.

I would also argue that IRI's "will" to fight US is limited. Today's Iran is very different than the one in 1979. I believe, and there is ample evidence to support my assertion, that Iranians are no longer willing to die in droves to defend IRI, as they did when Iraq invaded Iran. The country still remembers the tragedy of that war. On top of that, IRI has been unwilling and incapable of being responsive to the demands of millions of Iranians, who desire a more responsible, democratic, and inclusive government.

Lastly, remember the following:
  • Yugoslav wars: the destruction of the regime of Slobodan Milosevic was absolute.
  • Taliban/Afghan war: Taliban was removed from power.
  • Iraq war II: the regime of Saddam Houssien/Baathist state was completely uprooted, and a new order was put in place.
Before anyone goes off and state that Afghanistan and Iraq did not turn out the way the US envisioned, please remember my point is that the US military has the capability to achieve regime change. How the aftermath was/is handled is not my point here.

Maybe this will help:

https://defence.pk/threads/iran-military-and-deterrence-strategy.353702/

You need to understand. Iranians are very proud people who have had a glorious past and have been humiliated for the past 2 centuries mostly due to incompetent leaders and lack of public attention to materialistic science.

The revolution was Iran's response to all that humiliation. It is a show of Iran's will to reclaim its position as a regional power and later as a global super power. It may sound laughable now but as an Iranian I can assure you that this dream is imprinted in every Iranian's DNA and is not going away until it is reached.

I also need to remind you that any comments that you read here from Iranians who seem to welcome a war with US is not due to Iran actively seeking a war but it means that Iran is not afraid of it either. Otherwise in Bush era, all the means of a war with Iran was in hand. US had encircled Iran and all the clues pointed to the possibility of an attack at Iran in the neat future. However, Iran was able to smart out US and without starting direct war, cause enough headache in Iraq and Afghanistan for US to reconsider any potential plan for opening another front.

For now Iran's defense strategy is based on deterrence and squarely designed for a war with US. Iran has studied US tactics in all the recent wars and has started to come up with ways to neutralize US strengths. For example:

1- Iran knows US relies heavily on its navy for transportation and stand off attacks. By designing special missiles and building up its army of missile armed fast attack boats. Iran has made sure it can keep US navy out of Persian gulf and sea of Oman.

2- Iran knows US relies heavily on its Air Force to break the enemies communication and command structure at early stage of the war. That's why Iran's army command structure has been broken down into many autonomous units that will function independently in case the communication with central command is broken. On the other hand Iran has its own sophisticated network of stationary and highly mobile radars varying from OTH to Passive systems that can guarantee Iran won't go blind by air attacks as many of those radars are passive and cannot be attacked by anti radiation weapons, let alone they being mobile.

3- Iran has acquired S300 and also has its own in house anti air missile system that nobody really knows about its capacities.

4- Iran has thousands of ballistic missiles that can reach any air base in the region that US might want to use against Iran, reducing the options to B-2 and B-52 that have to fly either form US or Garcia Island.

When you put all of that together plus Iran's rough landscape and its 80 million population then you get a war that will cost order of magnitude larger both in lives and money than any war that US has fought since WWII.

This is not called suppression. There are some Kurds (not even a majority among Kurds) that want to have their own state and are using any means even armed conflict to reach it. What would US do if Texas wanted to break free?

It should be noted that Irans military ambiguity is its strength. At the end of the day we just don't know Irans final missile stockpile count, how many they make a year and what the actual count of cruise and different types if ballistic missiles is. I've always had the assumption that Iran will deploy a sizable decoy missile force that would reek absolute havoc in the enemy, coupled with a nationwide tunnel system that will transport troops and missiles, then you're talking about the perfect storm.

All this is related with Syria and Iraq i guess. Their Aim is breaking Iranians influence over Iraq and sabotage the peace talks over Syria.
Turkey is under their indirect (economicaly and politicaly)and direct attack(pkk, daesh,FETO as i see the coup as a NATO operation) Now they are adding İran to their list to attack. Your chance is they are not as affective in Iranian's society,economy, politics and army as in Turkey.There is only one remaining useful tool for attack,USAF. They cant do land operations but can hit a few strategic targets as a Power showcase for demoralisation.
But i am sure Russians know this and will help İran as usuall. You will need political support than military support.

Some 70% of Iran's population show up to vote in almost every presidential election, various groups from the Pahlavi's idiots to the MKO traitors to PKK's & other groups have gone on their media outlets and over and over again in every election and asked Iranians to boycott the election & the response from Iranians has been clear for everyone!
Iranians may not like everything this government does for example I don't agree that Hejab by force needs to be in every corner of Iran & the removal of that law is important to me BUT I and the vast majority of Iranian want this government & if there is going to be any change it has to be within this government or NOT AT ALL!

You can scream out Western Propaganda all you want
Iran today is ranked among the top 10 countries in the world in the % of females with collage graduates, in the economic activity growth of women & in the % of females working in industry!
Iran IS the fastest growing country in Science & Technology
In terms of registered patents Iran is the 2nd fastest growing country after China
All ethnic minorities & most religious minorities are represented in Iran's parliament!
Iran's Kudish region is one of the fastest growing areas in Iran & not even 10% of them support retarded separatists
Iran's Baluchestan region is being developed with new ports and railways under construction & most of the problems there come into Iran form Pakistan's Baluchestan region & those ppl don't have much support on the ground with the people
SO NO Iran is NOT at war with any ethnicity inside Iran! There are tiny groups who only exist because they are and have been funded by foreigners
As for Bahai's no one is out to find & kill Bahai's they are a small minority and they may have no say in Iran's government but most are quite wealthy and no one is targeting them!

All this is related with Syria and Iraq i guess. Their Aim is breaking Iranians influence over Iraq and sabotage the peace talks over Syria.
Turkey is under their indirect (economicaly and politicaly)and direct attack(pkk, daesh,FETO as i see the coup as a NATO operation) Now they are adding İran to their list to attack. Your chance is they are not as affective in Iranian's society,economy, politics and army as in Turkey.There is only one remaining useful tool for attack,USAF. They cant do land operations but can hit a few strategic targets as a Power showcase for demoralisation.
But i am sure Russians know this and will help İran as usuall. You will need political support than military support.

Trump administration is not going to get any support in the security council from China, Russia, France & Germany for any type of attack on Iran!

USAF would have to take off from a regional country to attack Iran & even with a long range bomber U.S. Navy still wants to come into the Persian Gulf! And Iran will have NO choice but to respond!

Limited attacks on Iraq without a proper response from Iraq over a span of 12 years led to the U.S. invasion of 2003 so for Iran there is NO choice! Iran will have to retaliate and send a clear message that Iran is NOT Iraq & we will sink your ships & hit your bases!

Some 70% of Iran's population show up to vote in almost every presidential election, various groups from the Pahlavi's idiots to the MKO traitors to PKK's & other groups have gone on their media outlets and over and over again in every election and asked Iranians to boycott the election & the response from Iranians has been clear for everyone!
Iranians may not like everything this government does for example I don't agree that Hejab by force needs to be in every corner of Iran & the removal of that law is important to me BUT I and the vast majority of Iranian want this government & if there is going to be any change it has to be within this government or NOT AT ALL!

Iran today is ranked among the top 10 countries in the world in the % of females with collage graduates, in the economic activity growth of women & in the % of females working in industry!
In terms of registered patents Iran is the 2nd fastest growing country after China
All ethnic minorities & most religious minorities are represented in Iran's parliament!
Iran's Kudish region is one of the fastest growing areas in Iran & not even 10% of them support retarded separatists
Iran's Baluchestan region is being developed with new ports and railways under construction & most of the problems there come into Iran form Pakistan's Baluchestan region & those ppl don't have much support on the ground with the people
SO NO Iran is NOT at war with any ethnicity inside Iran! There are tiny groups who only exist because they are and have been funded by foreigners
As for Bahai's no one is out to find & kill Bahai's they are a small minority and they may have no say in Iran's government but most are quite wealthy and no one is targeting them!

Trump administration is not going to get any support in the security council from China, Russia, France & Germany for any type of attack on Iran!

USAF would have to take off from a regional country to attack Iran & even with a long range bomber U.S. Navy still wants to come into the Persian Gulf! And Iran will have NO choice but to respond!

Limited attacks on Iraq without a proper response from Iraq over a span of 12 years led to the U.S. invasion of 2003 so for Iran there is NO choice! Iran will have to retaliate and send a clear message that Iran is NOT Iraq & we will sink your ships & hit your bases!

I would like a thorough discussion on the level of repression that the West, specifically US claims that Iran does to its people and minorities. I would like at least a synopsis on what is actually happening, not isolated incidents that are skewed to make it look like some sort of institutionalized oppression is going on.

@VEVAK You are citing IRI's statistics (70% participation rate), not independent ones. IRI could as well say 100% of Iranians take part in elections, who's to verify.

I am neither a pro-monarchy nor a MKO. If you accuse me of reciting western propaganda, I can do the same as you are using IRI's propaganda (I am referring to your election participation rate).

So this small minority of Kurds, whom BTW have been fighting IRI for 30+ years on and off, are still around?! If they are only few Kurds who oppose IRI, they should have been wiped out after 30+ years of "low level" fighting. I think you are underestimating the numbers.

If Baluchestan is getting developed that's a good thing; kudos to IRI for paying attention to this long neglected region of Iran.

Also, please assure me that Bahai's are well treated, that their children can attend universities, that they have equal access to the courts, can travel freely, that they don't get harassed, and their cemeteries don't get desecrated all the time.

I believe mandatory hejab does not make the top 5 gripes of Iranian youth, but rather equal rights for sexes, freedom of expression, freedom of worship, economic opportunity, and integration with the world community are what they demand (and yes I am using western sources here since that's what we hear here, since free and independent surveys do not exist in Iran). Women are treated as third class citizens in IRI, men are second class, and only Aghazadehs ,the connected, IRIGC, the Basijis really enjoy full citizenship, the way it's understood universally.

I think Iran should take it seriously, and need to do table talk with U.S.A to resolve all issues in Peaceful way.

I think Iran should take it seriously, and need to do table talk with U.S.A to resolve all issues in Peaceful way.

No, Iran need to build and test a nuke first before any more negotiation, that's the language Americans understand, it's called the MAD policy. Now when you go to the table you're at equal footing with them. Any other scenario and you'll get bullied by those murikans

This idiot doesn't even know that it's 37 years that Iran is On Notice.

and after the sanctions put by this IDIOT country, you're not going to buy 100 Aircrafts from this IDIOT country aircraft manufacturer "Boeing"

So after nuclear they want to take our missiles and after missiles they to take our radars, ships, jets and tanks...

Thanks Rouhani!

That bad AhmadiNejad... Yes... !

If dummy rouhani and his government had listened to Ayatollah Khamenai we wouldn't become zalil/ contemptible.

The talk of war is really frightening on this thread. I have been coming to this forum for a while, but only recently joined it. One constant thread I have noticed coming from Iranian commentators here is that they believe IRI can take on the US, and come out the victor. I would remind the following:
  • The US continues to be the undisputed naval behemoth. Neither Russia, China, or any country for that matter, can match the US dominance at sea.
  • The US Air Force is the master of the skies, and will continue to be for a foreseeable future.
  • The US Marines are the best equipped and trained expeditionary force anywhere.
Does IRI have the "capability", I am not referring to IRI's "will", but "capability" in its technical definition, to match such a force? I think not.

Iranians on this thread may argue otherwise, and will definitely be very unhappy with my 2 cents here, and I am sure I will be insulted and threatened, but the truth is quite different from what IRIB, PressTV, etc would have them believe.

IRI has a 10 million strong Basij force (IRI's own numbers) trained not to fight external threats, but internal discontent. A 10 million strong force takes up a lot of precious resources, and clearly broadcasts to everyone where the state's priorities lie: stay in power at any cost. If I am not mistaken, Mr. Khomainie himself declared that IRI is more important than the faith.

I would also argue that IRI's "will" to fight US is limited. Today's Iran is very different than the one in 1979. I believe, and there is ample evidence to support my assertion, that Iranians are no longer willing to die in droves to defend IRI, as they did when Iraq invaded Iran. The country still remembers the tragedy of that war. On top of that, IRI has been unwilling and incapable of being responsive to the demands of millions of Iranians, who desire a more responsible, democratic, and inclusive government.

Lastly, remember the following:
  • Yugoslav wars: the destruction of the regime of Slobodan Milosevic was absolute.
  • Taliban/Afghan war: Taliban was removed from power.
  • Iraq war II: the regime of Saddam Houssien/Baathist state was completely uprooted, and a new order was put in place.
Before anyone goes off and state that Afghanistan and Iraq did not turn out the way the US envisioned, please remember my point is that the US military has the capability to achieve regime change. How the aftermath was/is handled is not my point here.

ALL U.S. propaganda!

Do the Iranians here sound like they are scared??? Except for you that is!

Yes a U.S. attack on Iran is not beneficial to Iran & fact is a U.S. war with Iran will have NO victors! Iranians KNOW THIS!

Iranians DO NOT want a war! but we know that any type of attack on Iran has to be responded too strongly & militarily & in the Persian Gulf!

History teaches us that a no response over 12 years of U.S. limited strikes on Iraq = the U.S. invasion of a country the U.S. controlled the Air Space of, a country that had allowed UN inspectors to inspect it's missile stockpile & bases!
Cooperation is also off the table Qadaffi cooperated handed over all his Missiles & WMD's and his country went from the most educated Arab country to what it is today!

SO NO! Iran has NO CHIOIC in the matter! Even a limited attack on Iran will have to be responded to harshly we will have to sink their ships & hit their bases! And it's NOT because we want too! It's that history shows that we have NO CHOICE in the matter!

And U.S. may be a strong country but they are NOT strong enough to invade Iran even their own Generals admit to it!
And their is NOTHING the U.S. can do that would stop Iran from retaliatory missile attack!

As for the US Air Force! Air Forces have 2 main responsibilities 1.Bombings (From precision strikes to carpet bombings) 2.Attack or defend against other Aircrafts (From Interception to escorts). US can't even send an RQ-170 over Iran without detection!

Iran's built it's military's strike capability around missiles! Missiles do the strikes & Missiles don't need escorts!
And for the price of keeping a single F-15 & it's weapons in our fleet for 2 years Iran can build over 250 Missiles with precision strike capability up to 700km & hit bases up to 1,600km.

And one of the 1st things Iran will do is wipe out every Air Base & Airport in the UAE & Qatar without exception, take out U.S. naval base in Bahrain & hit every U.S. base within 500 km of Iran's boarders!

Iran has over 20 armed subs specifically made for the Persian Gulf that will turn US ships into dust!
Iran has 30 unsinkable Islands in the Persian Gulf most of whom are armed to the teeth with weapons in fortified underground bunkers
60% of Iran's terrain is mountains U.S. tanks will be target practice for Iranian ATGM's and Iran has one of the top 5 largest stocks of Infantry Support weapons in the world like ATGM's

US sanctioned, bombed & carried out missile attacks on Iraq for over 12 years before they had the guts to invade a country with only 1 Million "Sunni Arab Men" age 16-50 fit for military service! That had no Air Force, No Navy, No Air Defense, No Precision strike capability, no real defense industry, No UAV's & only 10 300km scuds

FYI most of the Tank kills in the 2003 invasion were from ATGM fired from the ground & Helo's NOT Tank to Tank! so US tanks on Iranian soil will be target practice!

Back
Top Bottom