What's new

U.S. asks Vietnam to stop helping Russian bomber flights

As I said before, USA will court you one day and they will dump you the next day.

Since there is an special situation now in SCS, VN can use some support from USA so its good to be able to get closer to them, but need to keep the relationship with Russia in a good standing.

Let me add some salty to this thread.

"Recently, a Russian fleet suddenly changed their port call from Vietnam to Thailand early in March 2015",
VLADIVOSTOK, February 4. /TASS/. A sea force of Russia's Pacific Fleet has left the Far-Eastern city of Vladivostok for an active service mission. The ships are to visit ports of nine countries, the first of which is Vietnam, press secretary of the Pacific Fleet Roman Martov told TASS.
The sea force includes the Admiral Panteleyev large anti-submarine ship, the Pechenga fueler, and an SB-522 hawser.
The sea force is to arrive in Cam Ranh Bay in Vietnam on February 14.
Does it make any sense? Are they not lovers ?

Admiral Panteleyev destroyer of Pacific Fleet
doi-tau-ham-doi-thai-binh-duong-nga-thay-doi-ke-hoach-toi-vn.jpg

Last edited:
As I said before, USA will court you one day and they will dump you the next day.

Since there is an special situation now in SCS, VN can use some support from USA so its good to be able to get closer to them, but need to keep the relationship with Russia in a good standing.

That is a misunderstanding, the the US have never dumped these country ever since they've become allies: SK, Japan, Singapore, Australia, UK, etc. too many to list.

(man, I don't know why I haven't been awarded with a green card yet)

lol, if you say so........Maybe you should first talk TO Vietnam, India, Japan, South Korea, Philippine, Indonesia, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Burma and Nepal you want to be their boss first and see what happened to China, then come back and talk about want to be number 1 in the world

Oh are you saying that US now is crowned as boss of these countries? :rofl: So much for Vietnam to beg for a good relationship with US in order to get few toys, if these Viets know that they're destined to serve American once again...I don't know how they will enjoy...:lol:

And as for Indian, Indonesia and Japan are event more laughtable, are you insinuating that they're serving US now...that's new to me.:lol:

Niceguy: his post is predictable, so look some boring. Could you add more surprise to your next posts pls, @NiceGuy?
@Carlosa: Spanish, but become Vietnamese banana after married to a Vietnamese lady.... LOL.
@gambit: oversea Vietnamese, loving his country by his own way. I respect his contribution to the forum.

I love @atatwolf and Turkish friends so much, same to Indian
The development of a nation should base on the laws (quy luật phát triển). Our development always stick wt big bro Russia . Your wish abt VN could go along with US is simply unrealistic:pop:

That is a misunderstanding, the the US have never dumped these country ever since they've become allies: SK, Japan, Singapore, Australia, UK, etc. too many to list.

(man, I don't know why I haven't been awarded with a green card yet)

The countries you listed are the closest ones to USA, they go back together a long way and they share the same system, something that Vietnam does not. For USA, VN is a friend of convenience, a second or third class friend and a former enemy and a communist country on top of everything, can't compare that to those in your list.

There is a long list of dumped countries, the most recent one: Egypt.

As BoQ77 said, why US never warmed up to VN before? Because it didn't need anything from VN. Like I said, temporary convenience.

The countries you listed are the closest ones to USA, they go back together a long way and they share the same system, something that Vietnam does not. For USA, VN is a friend of convenience, a second or third class friend and a former enemy and a communist country on top of everything, can't compare that to those in your list.

There is a long list of dumped countries, the most recent one: Egypt.

As BoQ77 said, why US never warmed up to VN before? Because it didn't need anything from VN. Like I said, temporary convenience.

My friend, we need to ask one question regarding the alliance and friendships between the US and those countries I've listed: Did their alliance and friendship existed since forever? No, it started somewhere at a certain point in time. And at certain points in time, those countries could also say "our friendship is new and not so deep." Yet, here we are today, witnessing the continuing friendships and alliance between them, and it is as deep as ever.

As for the commonality of "systems." The US and Saudi Arabia does not share the same system. Some might argue their social and political system are contradictory.

And you can not say the US has never made an attempt to warm up to Viet Nam until now. In fact, we can say that the US and Viet Nam has already started their reconciliation process since 1973. My good friend @BoQ77 has created a thread on this.

Why is it taking so long? This American classic song explains it best:

OK, I now have to log out. See you next time my friend.

And you can not say the US has never made an attempt to warm up to vietnam until now. In fact, we can say that the US and Viet Nam has already started their reconciliation process since 1973. My good friend @BoQ77 has created a thread on this.

Here it is !!
[1973-2015] How Vietnamese and American passed over the past ( Vietnam War)?

My friend, we need to ask one question regarding the alliance and friendships between the US and those countries I've listed: Did their alliance and friendship existed since forever? No, it started somewhere at a certain point in time. And at certain points in time, those countries could also say "our friendship is new and not so deep." Yet, here we are today, witnessing the continuing friendships and alliance between them, and it is as deep as ever.

It was the Japanese invasion of Vietnam (not China) that got the US involved in the Pacific War
Take Note, America: 5 Weapons of War China Should Build Now | Page 6

Did you mean that Carlosa's wife used him? Don't you know that's insult his effort to conquer her heart ?

I already placed him on the ignore list, no need to deal with him anymore.

As for the commonality of "systems." The US and Saudi Arabia does not share the same system. Some might argue their social and political system are contradictory.

And you can not say the US has never made an attempt to warm up to Viet Nam until now. In fact, we can say that the US and Viet Nam has already started their reconciliation process since 1973. My good friend @BoQ77 has created a thread on this.

I'm for closer relations between US / Vietnam, but has to be balanced for the interest of both and we shall see how far it goes, one step at a time, no need to get too excited.
The security pact between US / PH didn't stop the chinese from taking over Scarborough Shoal.

579602_449756821719852_2033027639_n.jpg

Secretary of Defense Leon E. Panetta (center) walks through the USNS Richard E. Byrd with U.S. Embassy Naval Attache Victor Chin (left) and Military Sealift Command Captain John Sargent (right), in Cam Ranh Bay, Vietnam, June 3, 2012. Sargent took Panetta on a short tour of the ship which, to date, is the only U.S. ship to dock in Cam Ranh Bay since the normalization of the relationship between the U.S. and Vietnam. DoD photo by Erin A. Kirk-Cuomo — in Cam Ranh Port, Khánh Hòa, Vietnam.

Below is Victor Chin shared information:

• Security Clearance: Active Top Secret/SCI with polygraph.
• International Experience: Conducted numerous military bilateral and multilateral engagements with key U.S. allies and partner nations; significant work in diplomacy, intelligence, operational, and staff work in multinational military, government, and industry.
• Program/Project Management: Managed security cooperation efforts in Vietnam, Republic of Korea, Philippines, Thailand, and Japan directly supporting U.S. Combatant Command activities and objectives.
• Languages: Working level Vietnamese and rudimentary Burmese language.
------------------------------
Marine and Naval Attaché to Vietnam
U.S. Marine Corps
June 2011 – June 2014 (3 years 1 month)Hanoi, Vietnam
• Principal advisor to the Ambassador for all naval and Marine Corps affairs.
• Led and coordinated all aspects of 35 senior executive level visits to Vietnam, including the historic first Secretary of Defense visit to Cam Ranh Bay since the war.
• Spearheaded the groundbreaking program that expanded repairs of U.S. Navy ships in Vietnam worth $4.5 million (each contract valued at $500,000); coordinated with U.S. Navy contracting officers as well as with the Vietnamese government and ship building industry.
• Led and planned all aspects of the Pacific Partnership Engagement Program where over 1,000 military and civilian personnel from the U.S. military, ten partner nations, 8 Non-Governmental and Governmental Organizations treated 12,050 patients, conducted 207 surgeries aboard a U.S. hospital ship, vaccinated and treated 1,074 animals, renovated 2 clinics, and conducted 14 Subject Matter Expert exchanges in Vietnam.
• Led the country team’s multi-agency collaboration on Humanitarian Assistance Disaster Relief programs to assist Vietnam to include the inaugural bi-lateral Cooperative Health Engagement and the first U.S. participation in the ASEAN Disaster Emergency Response Simulation Exercise.

Last edited:
All the news aware me of the difficulty we will face. What if it is USSR's rather than Russia's Tu95 that make americans scream? For maintaining us-vn relationship US performs so mildly like a sheep, because US knows in contrast with the trouble VN can impose on China, a little tolerance is totally acceptable.
We still have to strengthen ourselves, that means at least 10 years. All problems will be solved after our AC and nuclear submarines fill up the SCS, and all enemy warships are within the range of our missiles or air strike. Time is on our side.

The security pact between US / PH didn't stop the chinese from taking over Scarborough Shoal.

This is also a misunderstanding. The MDT between the Philippines-US specifically stipulate that, when a third party make an aggressive act on Filipino territory, then the US will be obliged to militarily intervene. But if the territory is in dispute, then the dispute parties must resolve them peacefully.

You can read this in their MDT. It is printed clearly. So, the US is in fact keeping in line with its MDT with the Philippines because the Scarborough shoal is still officially a disputed territory because UNCLOS haven't issue any ruling yet.

It was the Japanese invasion of Vietnam (not China) that got the US involved in the Pacific War
Take Note, America: 5 Weapons of War China Should Build Now | Page 6

Wow interesting, never knew that.

Oh my dear Xuzi, you are being too much of a simpleton. Have you heard of the phrase, "No man is an island"?

This phrase expresses that everything is interconnected. You are living in the US. And just like most other modern societies, the US is an interdependent society. Everything in the US is interconnected and interdependent. You, your fellow residents, government, roads, infrastructure, tax revenues, government spending, law enforcement, foreign investments, foreign policies, etc. are all interconnected and interdependent. All these ingredients makes the US the country it is.

So regardless of what you think of US foreign policies, they are part of the ingredients that makes the US the country it is. So you, relying on the US, is also indirectly relying on its foreign policies. After all, you have an extremely limited say in how you want your interdependent relationship in the US to be like. You cannot explicitly dictate how your tax contributions will be spent. you cannot dictate, "I want all my tax contribution to go into this public school and not to the Iraqi war." Likewise, you cannot dictate how each roads or infrastructures that you will rely on must by funded. you cannot dictate, "The roads and law enforcement that I will rely on, must only be funded by the tax contribution of these specific company and individuals."

So my friend, you are part of the system, taking and giving into this big interdependent society that is called the USA. By relying on the US, you are also relying on its foreign policies. You have no choice, unless you leave the country... or move out to an isolated Island.

Let me post some quotes:

The original poem where the phrase came from:

Love,

BF
How about you stay quiet or give us ONE REASON or LOGIC on how the war on Iraq/Libya/Ukraine help the American people? LOLOL

Back
Top Bottom