What's new

U.S. asks Vietnam to stop helping Russian bomber flights

@BoQ77 it's so true, myself is bit conservative yet still can be considered as rightwing Nasionalist but i would like to see everything regarded South China Sea issue is as the same as much before the Rising of China....

Yo

u forgot to mention Black Flag: Kind, good-hearted, friendly and peaceful. A representative of Viet Nam.

On topic:

This also has another implication: If Russia is now accusing the US of interferring with VietNam's internal affair, then in the future, if VietNam allows the US to use Cam Ranh's facility, then Russia cannot say anything otherwise they will also be "interferring in VN internal affairs."

The funny fact is Vietnam got two Superpowers on its side. LOL!! It's like two hot chicks are fighting over Vietnam. One is very assertive and the other just stand and watch. I mean American girls and Russian girls are both hot. :smitten:

What to do Vietnam? what to do! Just remain neutral. LOL!

My personal opinion is this. Russia is using Vietnam, USA is using Vietnam. Vietnam simply can say "We are neutral."

It is not Vietnam's battle between Russia and USA. Vietnam doesn't care if Russia take over Crimea. Vietnam doesn't care if USA has a problem with Russia. But USA has a problem with Vietnam. Do you see Russia having problem with Vietnam when USA is there? no. So remain Neutral is your best option.

I disagree with you on this part. The US does not have any problem with VietNam. Like I said, those Russian bomber patrol is not a real security threat to the US. Those bomber patrols are used for political posturing and chest thumping. They are meaningless to the US.

This whole ordeal is just the US enticing VietNam to move closer into its camp. That's my opinion.

I disagree with you on this part. The US does not have any problem with VietNam. Like I said, those Russian bomber patrol is not a real security threat to the US. Those bomber patrols are used for political posturing and chest thumping. They are meaningless to the US.

This whole ordeal is just the US enticing VietNam to move closer into its camp. That's my opinion.

So writing a letter telling Vietnam not to allow Russia to use Cam Ranh refueling station isn't a concern? concern leads to problem.

The funny fact is Vietnam got two Superpowers on its side. LOL!! It's like two hot chicks are fighting over Vietnam. One is very assertive and the other just stand and watch. I mean American girls and Russian girls are both hot. :smitten:

What to do Vietnam? what to do! Just remain neutral. LOL!

One hot chick is now broke. Hence I said that US public statement was perfectly timed. The other hot chick is poor and need to depend on the Chinese chick for some help.

And American chicks are hotter than the Russian chick, especially the American chicks with Italian and Latino heritage.

One hot chick is now broke. Hence I said that US public statement was perfectly timed. The other hot chick is poor and need to depend on the Chinese chick for some help.

And American chicks are hotter than the Russian chick, especially the American chicks with Italian and Latino heritage.

Oh, you're an a$$ man like me. Russian chicks are hot but complicated. I've seen them in Vietnam before.

So writing a letter telling Vietnam not to allow Russia to use Cam Ranh refueling station isn't a concern? concern leads to problem.

No, I don't think the US has any real concern with respect to those Russian patrols. The US is just using that as an excuse to talk about something else.

As BoQ77 has already pointed out, those patrols already happened last year, with no complaints from the US. Now it's a perfect timing for the US to use this situation to make another point.

You know? as I see it, the US set up the chinese in SCS big time and the chinese, greedy as they always are, took the bait and walked right into the US trap.

In my view, the so called US passivity and neutrality in SCS is just something well planned, by their actions or lack of actions, they made themselves look as the good guys that are just reacting to china, they are passive, they are not looking for a fight, they are being very nice and patient with china.

China on the other hand behaved as the US expected, as a bully, keeps pushing the limits, keeps grabbing, etc, etc. So china already portrait itself as the bad boy; the oil rig and the land reclamation were the last 2 nails in the coffin for that. Everybody see china for what it is and everybody cries uncle and wants to get closer to USA, just what US intended.

Next step, UNCLOS resolution in January 2016 which is legally binding but with no enforcing mechanism. China will say "we don't care, we'll do whatever we want to do, we don't recognize it". Then US will get involved and teach china a lesson having the legal backing of the tribunal and the support from everybody in the region.

Opinions please.

:rofl::rofl: I can see the desperation on your attempting to get US involvement, tell us how US will teach China a lesson with the backing others?...during the 1979 war, Vietnam was so desperately expected Soviet to teach China from the north during our invasion of Vietnam...and the consequence??? nothing had happend, now you expect US to do what you're not capable of???..seems like you Vietanmese are genetically dependant on other to teach China a lesson generation after generation...:rofl: keep dreaming.

You may know that Standing beside in President Ho Chi Minh in the Foundation day 2 Sep. 1945, American at first consider Viet Minh as their ally and vice versa. But after that American sided with French, because Vietnamese is nobody at time. What Vietnamese must earn by tears and blood is getting the respectation from big powers.
Now we're ready to choose the right side.

@jhungary : Chinese origin but turn to banana. Hahaha. I love you, anyway.
BoQ : always keen for truths , accept the ugly truths. I'm not so picky, ready to Thanks to any logical post, no matter what nationality posted.
Viet : always blame BoQ and still want to be Number 1 in Southeast Asia, compete with Indonesia, Thailand... he's wrong because he want to avoid attack by Chinese but attack Southeast Asian partners. @madokafc can you confirm my comment?
@Soryu ; @Rechoice : always support BoQ : Thank you two so much

I support you too bro. :tup:

If Chinese destiny is to make the greatest amount of Enemy in the world, then yeah, you guys are heading the right direction.[/QUOTE]

No we Chinese has better plan than to make great amount of Enemy in the world, we're destined to replace US because American's world system is obsoleted, we're starting to ovewriten the rules set by them such IMF and other organisation...since you claim to know chinese ---so here this for ya ->取而代之.:lol:

How is the US invading Iraq and interfering in Libya, Syria, and Ukraine benefit to American people and live. How is that foreign policy benefiting the people? GIVE ME ONE REASON only! LOL

Oh my dear Xuzi, you are being too much of a simpleton. Have you heard of the phrase, "No man is an island"?

This phrase expresses that everything is interconnected. You are living in the US. And just like most other modern societies, the US is an interdependent society. Everything in the US is interconnected and interdependent. You, your fellow residents, government, roads, infrastructure, tax revenues, government spending, law enforcement, foreign investments, foreign policies, etc. are all interconnected and interdependent. All these ingredients makes the US the country it is.

So regardless of what you think of US foreign policies, they are part of the ingredients that makes the US the country it is. So you, relying on the US, is also indirectly relying on its foreign policies. After all, you have an extremely limited say in how you want your interdependent relationship in the US to be like. You cannot explicitly dictate how your tax contributions will be spent. you cannot dictate, "I want all my tax contribution to go into this public school and not to the Iraqi war." Likewise, you cannot dictate how each roads or infrastructures that you will rely on must by funded. you cannot dictate, "The roads and law enforcement that I will rely on, must only be funded by the tax contribution of these specific company and individuals."

So my friend, you are part of the system, taking and giving into this big interdependent society that is called the USA. By relying on the US, you are also relying on its foreign policies. You have no choice, unless you leave the country... or move out to an isolated Island.

Let me post some quotes:

We humans are social beings. We come into the world as the result of others' actions. We survive here in dependence on others. Whether we like it or not, there is hardly a moment of our lives when we do not benefit from others' activities. - Tenzin Gyatso, 14th Dalai Lama

The original poem where the phrase came from:

No man is an island,
Entire of itself,
Every man is a piece of the continent,
A part of the main.
If a clod be washed away by the sea,
Europe is the less.
As well as if a promontory were.
As well as if a manor of thy friend's
Or of thine own were:
Any man's death diminishes me,
Because I am involved in mankind,
And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls;
It tolls for thee.

by John Donne

Love,

BF

Its very clear that that's what it is.

Making the statement public is like knocking on the Vietnamese door and saying, hey we are waiting for your decision buddy, we are getting impatient and we are looking forward to work with you, so lets get going.

I support you too bro. :tup:

I know. I named Soryu and Rechoice, because they're in secretly support to me without many words.
That's why I leave you guys Blackflag, Carlosa to self-PR ... LOL !!!
------------------------
For Vietnam response I expect : whatever they do, not to make Putin feel he was betrayed, then it's perfect.

Its very clear that that's what it is.

Making the statement public is like knocking on the Vietnamese door and saying, hey we are waiting for your decision buddy, we are getting impatient and we are looking forward to work with you, so lets get going.

Suddenly, I remember, American never offer the same during 20 years of normalized relation.
Vietnam and US normalized the relation in 1995, Clinton visit Vietnam in 2000, while Russian removed from Cam Ranh in 2002.
@Black Flag : btw, where are you living now?

This is Cam Ranh bay
vietnam-russia-deal.jpg

Crew members of the USNS Richard E. Byrd listen to U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta as the ship enters Cam Ranh Bay in Vietnam in June 2012. Vietnam approved a plan by Russia to set up a maintenance base at Cam Ranh Bay Port. Vietnam agreed to service U.S. ships in the port, as well.

Last edited:
I know. I named Soryu and Rechoice, because they're in secretly support to me without many words.
That's why I leave you guys Blackflag, Carlosa to self-PR ... LOL !!!
------------------------
For Vietnam response I expect : whatever they do, not to make Putin feel he was betrayed, then it's OK.

Suddenly, I remember, American never offer the same during 20 years of normalized relation.
@Black Flag : btw, where are you living now?

As I said before, USA will court you one day and they will dump you the next day.

Since there is an special situation now in SCS, VN can use some support from USA so its good to be able to get closer to them, but need to keep the relationship with Russia in a good standing.

No we Chinese has better plan than to make great amount of Enemy in the world, we're destined to replace US because American's world system is obsoleted, we're starting to ovewriten the rules set by them such IMF and other organisation...since you claim to know chinese ---so here this for ya ->取而代之.:lol:

lol, if you say so........Maybe you should first talk TO Vietnam, India, Japan, South Korea, Philippine, Indonesia, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Burma and Nepal you want to be their boss first and see what happened to China, then come back and talk about want to be number 1 in the world

Back
Top Bottom