What's new

Type056 Corvette Handed Over to Bangladesh Navy

hmmm, my country should considered this corvette to replace the aging Parchim Class. But they using Russian 76 mm gun right? maybe to change them with Otomelara super rapido will do

Operationally they are very similar to the Sigma's Indonesia bought, but far cheaper. We primarily needed low cost and moderately well armed corvettes, to PATROL our lattoral waters. The gun is a Chinese version of the russian one yes but with updates....

The idea is to aquire at least 8 (12 would be the ideal number) of these to patrol the expanded EEZ that we now have, for upto 15 days at a time. The Durjoy class LPC again between 8-12 would be used to patrol further in followed by the Padma class patrol boats, the closer to the shore you get.

We are also looking for frigates to operate further out into the indian ocean to protect the key sea route to singapore.

Operationally they are very similar to the Sigma's Indonesia bought, but far cheaper. We primarily needed low cost and moderately well armed corvettes, to PATROL our lattoral waters. The gun is a Chinese version of the russian one yes but with updates....

The idea is to aquire at least 8 (12 would be the ideal number) of these to patrol the expanded EEZ that we now have, for upto 15 days at a time. The Durjoy class LPC again between 8-12 would be used to patrol further in followed by the Padma class patrol boats, the closer to the shore you get.

We are also looking for frigates to operate further out into the indian ocean to protect the key sea route to singapore.

Hmm similar to the corvette variant of SIGMA class, not the frigate ones

BTW, is Bangladesh Navy operate some Oiler and Replenishment vessels?

actually it cost around $100m with TOT
the over all cost will come down around $85m when some will be built in BD

The P18N that Nigeria bought was well under $70m, so the C13B would not be $100m. KSY is just laid keel on the the first LPCs and won't be ready to build the C13Bs for a while, hence the follow on order for 2 more C13B (late 2018) from China.

Hmm similar to the corvette variant of SIGMA class, not the frigate ones

BTW, is Bangladesh Navy operate some Oiler and Replenishment vessels?

Similar to the 9113. Which I believe you paid roughly $200m for?

The P18N that Nigeria bought was well under $70m, so the C13B would not be $100m. KSY is just laid keel on the the first LPCs and won't be ready to build the C13Bs for a while, hence the follow on order for 2 more C13B (late 2018) from China.

Bangladesh navy has ordered two Type-035G (Ming class) submarines from China worth $200million in 2014 and have a plan to procure two more within 2020. The Ming class submarines will join navy by the year 2016. A submarine base is under construction at Pekua in Cox's Bazar.

Bangladesh Navy has a plan to set up a new base at Rabanabad in Patuakhali, which will be the largest naval base of the country. The base will have submarine berthing and aviation facilities.

Bangladesh Navy has sought Tk.4000 crore from the government to buy two new frigates, Tk.1000 crore for two old frigates, Tk.1,600 crore for two corvettes, Tk.800 crore for two large patrol craft, Tk.200 crore for two patrol ships, Tk.200 crore for a training ship, Tk.200 crore for a logistic ship, Tk.100 crore for a fleet tanker, Tk.400 crore for four mine counter measure vessels, Tk.240 crore for a floating dockyard, Tk.250 crore for two maritime patrol aircraft (MPA), Tk. 160 crore for two helicopters, Tk. 1,000 crore for an oceanographic research vessel and Tk. 400 crore for procuring a rescue and salvage ship by 2020.

@madokafc check this and @damiendehorn Nigerian version is less powerful+ she is not getting TOT

at the time we paid around 600 million US dollar for 4 ships

Bangladesh navy has ordered two Type-035G (Ming class) submarines from China worth $200million in 2014 and have a plan to procure two more within 2020. The Ming class submarines will join navy by the year 2016. A submarine base is under construction at Pekua in Cox's Bazar.

Bangladesh Navy has a plan to set up a new base at Rabanabad in Patuakhali, which will be the largest naval base of the country. The base will have submarine berthing and aviation facilities.

Bangladesh Navy has sought Tk.4000 crore from the government to buy two new frigates, Tk.1000 crore for two old frigates, Tk.1,600 crore for two corvettes, Tk.800 crore for two large patrol craft, Tk.200 crore for two patrol ships, Tk.200 crore for a training ship, Tk.200 crore for a logistic ship, Tk.100 crore for a fleet tanker, Tk.400 crore for four mine counter measure vessels, Tk.240 crore for a floating dockyard, Tk.250 crore for two maritime patrol aircraft (MPA), Tk. 160 crore for two helicopters, Tk. 1,000 crore for an oceanographic research vessel and Tk. 400 crore for procuring a rescue and salvage ship by 2020.

@madokafc check this and @damiendehorn Nigerian version is less powerful+ she is not getting TOT

The P18N is a OPV, so in essence yes the P18N are less powerful as they don't have anti ship missiles etc. However it's 1800 tonnes, has a hanger, and cost $42m each without the helicopter / weapons systems (just under $70m with weapons systems and helicopter). Please show me some confirmation of the $100m figure.

As far as the people I have spoken to at the BN and KSY, there has been no word of TOT for the C13B, only assistance KSY has recieved is on the Padma and Durjoy.

The P18N is a OPV, so in essence yes the P18N are less powerful as they don't have anti ship missiles etc. However it's 1800 tonnes, has a hanger, and cost $42m each without the helicopter / weapons systems (just under $70m with weapons systems and helicopter). Please show me some confirmation of the $100m figure.

As far as the people I have spoken to at the BN and KSY, there has been no word of TOT for the C13B, only assistance KSY has recieved is on the Padma and Durjoy.
1. P18N has two types of weapons and C13B has 6 types of weapons (keeping aside censors and other electronics)
2. BN or KSY will not tell you everything :D
3. check my above post, it is mentioned about Tk1600 crore (about $200million) for two corvettes

at the time we paid around 600 million US dollar for 4 ships

But Indonesia, learnt a lot from the 10 odd years you had them and the 10514s being built at PAT PAL.

1. P18N has two types of weapons and C13B has 6 types of weapons (keeping aside censors and other electronics)
2. BN or KSY will not tell you everything :D
3. check my above post, it is mentioned about Tk1600 crore (about $200million) for two corvettes

The TK1600 is for ship plus weapons package, the C13B is essentially the same as the type 056 (excluding anti-sub systems - sonar). Even a type 056 would not cost $100m.....

But Indonesia, learnt a lot from the 10 odd years you had them and the 10514s being built at PAT PAL.

yeah we learn a lot, to build a warship you need a lot of chain supplier actually. At 10 years we built high grade steel production line, developed home brand electronic suits supplier, and other stuff. Still a lot of homework needed to be solved in near future.

I think BD learn a lot when building their homegrown patrol vessels. And that's why you starting to talk with China

The TK1600 is for ship plus weapons package, the C13B is essentially the same as the type 056 (excluding anti-sub systems - sonar). Even a type 056 would not cost $100m.....
1. as I said it includes TOT cost and it always includes weapons package
2. C13B probably has VDS anti sub system because if it does not have sub detecting thing then what is the purpose of having rocket launchers for anti-sub mission ?

Back
Top Bottom