What's new

Type 075 Landing Helicopter Dock (LHD) News & Discussions

From Henri Kenhmann at East Pendulum on 2021.01.31:

The 1st warship of the class Type 075 LHD appears to have completed its tests in the South China Sea. She was photographed on January 30 at the Zhanjiang Naval Base, suggesting her future assignment to the 6th Amphibious Flotilla of the Southern Theater Command (or South Sea Fleet - SSF). Scale models of Z-8 and Z-20 are seen on the bridge.

The Zhanjiang Naval Base is located in southern China on the east coast of the Leizhou Peninsula, Guangdong Province.

USA - China Military Bases - Zhanjiang marked.png

Zhanjiang Naval Base

China Coast Guard 5901 anchored at Zhanjiang Port, Type 901 supply ship "Chagan Lake", and Type 071 dock landing ship

And the Z-8L helicopter mentioned by Henri K above.

Since the Z-8L helicopter first flew in December 2017, the test was completed and it was commissioned in less than 3 years.

Last edited:
A minor update on the second Type 075 LHD, still being fitted out at the Hudong Zhonghua Shipyard. Its flight deck is being prepared on 10. March 2021.

Image via @卫星图像发烧员 from Weibo)

PLN Type 075 LHD no. 2 - 20210310 deck painted.jpg

If I'm not mistaken, then this is the first image not only clearly showing Z-8 (Z-8CJ ?) but even more that many - I see eight - ship-borne transport helicopters on deck of the first Type 075 LHD at Hainan.

(Image via @柳成梁 / FB)

PLN Type 075 LHD - 20210423 + Z-8CJ.jpg
PLN Type 075 LHD - 20210423 + Z-8CJ 8x.jpg

These 3 ships are enough to boast PLAN overall strength by 10%.

The tense situation in SCS haste the 3 ships into faster commissioning pace.
I think one more 055 will commission into PLAN later this year. That will bring 4 055 destroyer into service for 2021

Back
Top Bottom