What's new

Type 075 Landing Helicopter Dock (LHD) News & Discussions

Is this the first or second 075?
No idea, but of course we naturally anticipate the 075 #1 to be cleared first.

Addition:
Henri says it's 075 #1.

There is almost no doubt, it is indeed a helicopter drone, at least a model at the moment, which is on the deck of the first helicopter carrier Type 075.

And it is indeed a drone at least 8-meter long, which would make more than a ton given the size.

(just the same closer-look image as I posted above)

Last edited:
006vAw6Sgy1ggenseaoq1j31hc0u0hdt.jpg

Via @_老年_ from Weibo

Sea trial for the first ship must be near.

so what happened to third type 075? we have yet to see a single module of a third type 075, does China even intend to have a third one? at this this point it seems the PLAN decided to make do with just two type 075s, and to think there was talk a while ago about the intent to build 3 type 075 followed by another 3 upgraded type 075, yet now it may as well turn out that these two LHDs are as many Type 075s as we will see in the next 5 years.

July 12, 2020
View attachment 651004 View attachment 651005 View attachment 651006
Via @深海咆哮者 from lt.cjdby.net

Scaffolding removed from the first ship.
Sea trials soon?

so what happened to third type 075? we have yet to see a single module of a third type 075, does China even intend to have a third one? at this this point it seems the PLAN decided to make do with just two type 075s, and to think there was talk a while ago about the intent to build 3 type 075 followed by another 3 upgraded type 075, yet now it may as well turn out that these two LHDs are as many Type 075s as we will see in the next 5 years.

I think we cannot conclude anything right now about third unit.
Unless there are sattelite images in the next one or two months

How many PLAN plan to build this type? I know there are 8 wasp in USN.

The dry dock in Hudong Zhonghua shipyard right now is committed to the type 071 LPDs ordered by Thailand, also the type 054A/P for Pakistan. After these orders are fulfilled, we will know if the next ship is a type 075, or even the rumoured larger type 075A.

A time lapse after operating the two type 075 before continuation of construction will give time to assess the strength and weakness of the design of the first two ships.

Agree, they should experiment these 2 before building more.

What is there to experiment on this ship though that would warrant not building more! It's just a ship that carries helicopters, is it the engines or radars or electronics of the ship? I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have built two of it simultaneously without previously testing every component of it down to the smallest screw, they wouldn't have built 2 at the same time if they weren't 100% sure that the design of the ship and every part of it was flawless, you do not produce two 35k ton warships simultaneously if you need to test something on it, especially not China.

That is why I believe the one & only possible reason as to why they aren't building more at the moment is because the drydock is currently occupied by other ships.

What is there to experiment on this ship though that would warrant not building more! It's just a ship that carries helicopters, is it the engines or radars or electronics of the ship? I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have built two of it simultaneously without previously testing every component of it down to the smallest screw, they wouldn't have built 2 at the same time if they weren't 100% sure that the design of the ship and every part of it was flawless, you do not produce two 35k ton warships simultaneously if you need to test something on it, especially not China.

That is why I believe the one & only possible reason as to why they aren't building more at the moment is because the drydock is currently occupied by other ships.

I think the 3rd one is already there.
20191118011339-.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom