What's new

Type 052D DDG News & Discussions

0NdZ6G6.jpg

I am a non technical person in the subject filed but due to interest in naval warfare i have a question in my mind (but no one will make fun of it):omghaha:

Now seriouse question...

Suppose CIWS installed on the front side of the destroyer is engaging an upcoming missile on 90 degree and at the same time a missile is ready to take launch from VLS system then is there any risk/possibility of hitting the missile by CIWS fire. because all the systems are working independently and parallel. :cuckoo:

CIWS is controlled by Fire Control computers and only engages a target which is closing the ship. The rate of closure is calculated and assessed and the fire control computer classifies it as a threat. Then the target is engaged when it is in the engagement range.

So a missile fire from the ship, will not be closing the ship and will not be considered a threat.

052D DDG #1 complete sea trial, return shipyard to instal the last radar(Yagi antenna radar, to detect stealth fighter location).
It seems 2014 PLAN will accept 1st 052D DDG.
25_235287_bf1208be99b6ccf.jpg

052D DDG #1 sea trial
0NdZ6G6.jpg

Ya I know I might be shallow but I really think the Yagi antenna has downgraded the image of 052D,
I hope Type 055 DDG will say goodby to Yagi.

Latest pics of 4x 052D DDG building together (052D #1/#2/#3/#4)
Left side is the 052D #1 finished sea trial, next year will join PLAN.
161538tynumdvhuihgmy4i.jpg.thumb.jpg

161542mvak3fk3l6vvk4i3.jpg.thumb.jpg

Dalian shipyard has just being awarded with a contract of 3 Type 052D DDGs, it will start the construction along with the Type 001A AC.

Last edited:
Dalian shipyard has just being awarded with a contract of 3 Type 052D DDGs, it will start the construction along with the Type 001A AC.

IS this 3 additional or 3 in terms of the 8 planned?

Dalian shipyard nice, my cousin works there as some sort of quality inspector, not too sure. Exciting times to be working in that field.

AC, I'm assuming carrier?

IS this 3 additional or 3 in terms of the 8 planned?

Dalian shipyard nice, my cousin works there as some sort of quality inspector, not too sure. Exciting times to be working in that field.

AC, I'm assuming carrier?

I am not sure if Jiangnan shipyard will handle 4 Type 052Ds or 8 Type 052Ds.

The 3 Type 052Ds is only the first bach of order awarded to Dalian shipyard.

BTW, AC stands for aircraft carrier.

I am not sure if Jiangnan shipyard will handle 4 Type 052Ds or 8 Type 052Ds.

The 3 Type 052Ds is only the first bach of order awarded to Dalian shipyard.

BTW, AC stands for aircraft carrier.

Any specs on the aircraft carrier?

Any specs on the aircraft carrier?

001A: An improved version of Varyag and displaces about 80000 tons fully load. Deliver by 2019.

002: A Chinese version of Kitty Hawk class and displaces over 90000 tons fully load. Deliver by 2021.

China's nuclear aircraft carrier with EMALS will be ready by circa 2025-2027.

Last edited:
001A: An improved version of Varyag and displaces about 80000 tons full load. Deliver by 2019.

002: A Chinese version of Kitty Hawk class and displaces over 90000 tons full load. Deliver by 2021.

I think that all the carriers can then be considered "super-carriers".

A carrier of 80,000 tonnes will easily hold upwards of 60 aircraft, including at least 40 strike fighters.

I think that all the carriers can then be considered "super-carriers".

A carrier of 80,000 tonnes will easily hold upwards of 60 aircraft, including at least 40 strike fighters.

Indeed, Liaoning is already close to 70000 tons, and China doesn't want to any aircraft carrier smaller than this.

001A: An improved version of Varyag and displaces about 80000 tons fully load. Deliver by 2019.

002: A Chinese version of Kitty Hawk class and displaces over 90000 tons fully load. Deliver by 2021.

From what I been hearing just having bigger displacement is not a solution. Catapult is needed for J-15, I mean the Americans use it for smaller aircraft.

One carrier per class seems like a waste of money, especially if we take into account the proximity of the launch dates. It be different 10 years apart, but....

80,000 does seem like a good number though, hope it goes nuclear.

Back
Top Bottom