What's new

Two prime ministers, two different receptions

Status
Not open for further replies.
even MOM mission also contributed to success of modi visit. it is combination of lot of reasons. the important thing is not the reasons, but perception that west holds about india and there is a drastic change in perception in last 10 years

True . Modi has been lucky on many accounts .

frankly speaking - Modi had little to do with MOM .

He is just lucky to be PM while MOM reached its logical conclusion .

One has to give him credit to dare to time his visit to US immediately after MOM.

It was a well calculated gamble that paid off .

Modi launched himself in US straight from MOM mission success .

Modi is a smart politician to do that ...

The joy of Indians and Indian abroad has been all time high with success of Mars mission .

and he positioned himself very well ...It gives all the reasons for Indian abroad to hope for more ....they want their parent country to do well too.

I hope he converts his luck into something more solid ...

i hope you would drop your description of modi. he has been acquitted by the highest courts in india. indians believe in our courts, hence for us his past is clean, hence we elected him. if he would not have been acquitted by the courts, he would not have been the PM.
Indian courts are just like Pakistani courts; infested by high politics. See Modi's reaction when he is cross questioned by an anchor for his role in Gujrat riots:

Modi is a Hindu-nationalist and anti-Muslim. Just admit it!!!

One (albeit a criminal and murderer of minorities) is elected through largely fair electoral process whereas the other through rigging. Reception would be different of-course.
why use minorities?,,you can directly tell he is the murderer of muslims....

Indian courts are just like Pakistani courts; infested by high politics. See Modi's reaction when he is cross questioned by an anchor for his role in Gujrat riots:

i don't see that way. indians do hold high regards about our courts. i have not seen anybody in india questioning courts decsions on modi

why use minorities?,,you can directly tell he is the murderer of muslims....
He is not directly a murderer of Muslims. All I can say is that Gujarat violence happened under his administration.

i don't see that way. indians do hold high regards about our courts. i have not seen anybody in india questioning courts decsions on modi
Google a bit. Many videos on the net about Modi abusing Muslims and Islam. This chai wala has got just grudges against Muslim Indians.

Indian diaspora never protested against a PM at large scale abroad, irrelevant of party (khalistani/kashmiri notwithstanding).

They should think of themselves as representative of their country. Whatever their political preferences are, they are just ruining the image of Pakistan abroad.

There you are ... you contradict yourself even as you try to pre-empt any attempt to point out the demonstrations by Khalistani and Kashmiri supporters ....

so this particular phenomenon of protesting against head of state of their original motherland in not exclusively Pakistani ...

and reasons are obvious , Overseas citizens have mind of their own ...and they feel for betterment of their respective countries ...

and it transcends beyond mere expressions of allegiance to present day governments in those respective countries ..

He is not directly a murderer of Muslims. All I can say is that Gujarat violence happened under his administration.

Google a bit. Many videos on the net about Modi abusing Muslims and Islam. This chai wala has got just grudges against Muslim Indians.

even indian muslims didn't question the courts decisions. i would not take tv appearances or google as a evidence that can stand the legal scutiny

That is why Modi was not welcomed in US even after his supposedly acquittance from the Indian courts. This time, the admittance was granted to the elected PM of India (a lucrative market) and not to the Modi-of-Gujrat who is still viewed as a murderer in US (billboards in subways). Secondly, Modi is as much anti-any-other-religion as he is anti-Muslim. The difference is though, Muslims in India (or anywhere else where they are in minority) are easy picking, and anybody can get away with whatever they do to them. On the other hand, persecution of Christians in India would result in a backlash from Vatican and the Western world, which is overwhelmingly Christian and powerful.

This time, the admittance was granted to the elected PM of India
Exactly my point! US would naturally respect post of PM of India, doesn't mean they are in love with Modi's dubious personality, a chai wala and a genocide supporter from Gujarat!

Exactly my point! US would naturally respect post of PM of India, doesn't mean they are in love with Modi's dubious personality, a chai wala and a genocide supporter from Gujarat!
Chai wala is not a problem, though there are reports that this image of him being a 'Chai wala made to India's PM' was a publicity stunt, but what happened in Gujrat was, is, and will always remain a blob on Modi.

That is why Modi was not welcomed in US even after his supposedly acquittance from the Indian courts. This time, the admittance was granted to the elected PM of India (a lucrative market) and not to the Modi-of-Gujrat who is still viewed as a murderer in US (billboards in subways). Secondly, Modi is as much anti-any-other-religion as he is anti-Muslim. The difference is though, Muslims in India (or anywhere else where they are in minority) are easy picking, and anybody can get away with whatever they do to them. On the other hand, persecution of Christians in India would result in a backlash from Vatican and the Western world, which is overwhelmingly Christian and powerful.

You know what, now this sounds like Modi is going to kill every muslims, if not it sounds like Modi is going to treat Indian muslims badly...... Every country follow a legal system, and the system we have been following for past 60 odd years are acquitted Modi..... Now What Us think about this Acquittal is not a concern to Indian, as this supposedly crime happened in India and if some one suffered it is an Indian..... US has got nothing to do with and they have no jurisdiction over it...

You can always look Modi with suspicion, But thats not going to change the reality that he is an elected Prime Minister of India and i am sure with the work he is doing after becoming a prime minister, you will love to have PM like him....

They should think of themselves as representative of their country. Whatever their political preferences are, they are just ruining the image of Pakistan abroad.

Pakistani diaspora are sending a positive message of Pakistan - -that there are Pakistanis who value true democracy and reject the sham democracy of Pakistan.

You know what, now this sounds like Modi is going to kill every muslims,

It's not what Modi will do himself, but the fact that his popularity encourages Hindu nationalists to promote their agenda. For a person in his position -- country's chief executive with a question mark of anti-Muslim hatred -- Modi should have made an extra effort to assure everyone that he is not anti-Muslim.

But Modi will never do that; partly because he _is_ an anti-Muslim bigot, and partly because that would alienate his Hindutva support base.

What would have happened in your country if hundreds of hajj piligrims burnt alive ? Have you thought about it ? How would you control public anger at that time even though you are administrator ? He faced charges and came out clean ..We know about our justice system ..It wont spare anyone especially in such high profile cases ..Two weeks back our tamilnadu CM jayalalitha who swept state and parliament election was sent for four years of imprisonment ..
Having said that pakistan should be the last country to preach about minority problems ..

Title of this thread is wrong. Nawaz is not elected PM of Pakistan, hence his treatment by international world leaders. Heck, even the West acknowledges that he came to power via rigging and corruption but dares not to admit it!

Last time he met with Obama, he was reading from his parchis in front of entire press, embarrassing Pakistan further on the world stage:
View attachment 112837
Look at Obama's face. He looks like a witch doctor while Nawaz is reading :D

Modi also read from parchis and that too in hindi.

278579-washington.jpg

But who cares. Lets join Indians to bash Nawaz and praise Modi. After all Immy is more important than Pakistan or its PM who also has some mandate despite rigging.

now sir, can you give me one reason why should an I or for that matter any indian muslim believe you. when 200 million indian muslims didn't had problem the court decision and, even the congress, the main opposition, didn't question courts decision.why should you not believe our courts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom