What's new

Twitter roasts Modi for saying people were ashamed to be born Indian till one year ago

He is a very shrewd politician. He might have said that intentionally to create controversy.
He may think so.............But its a very bad trend to take home politics to a foreign Land..............Let any party come to power and let any parties be in opposition............. You can sore your political brownie points on Indian Turf.........

I think modi might be taking a jibe at rahul Gandhi;even if modi has said that we were once ashamed of being Indians,there was nothing wrong in that.While I was growing everyone used to praise US and west insulting India.everyone of my friends wanted to go to US.There were many Telugu movies in which someone or the other made insulting comments about India.All you people who are bashing modi,just recall memories of some 10 years ago and tell me if modi has said anything wrong.
Yeah I admit that the economic development that happened in India has nothing to do with modi because he has hardly ruled a year.

I think modi might be taking a jibe at rahul Gandhi;even if modi has said that we were once ashamed of being Indians,there was nothing wrong in that.While I was growing everyone used to praise US and west insulting India.everyone of my friends wanted to go to US.There were many Telugu movies in which someone or the other made insulting comments about India.All you people who are bashing modi,just recall memories of some 10 years ago and tell me if modi has said anything wrong.
Yeah I admit that the economic development that happened in India has nothing to do with modi because he has hardly ruled a year.
taking jibe at rahul in south korea? wtf, is he PM of country or a lowly BJP leader.

taking jibe at rahul in south korea? wtf, is he PM of country or a lowly BJP leader.

I am not sure what you guys are on about. Do you have a video/audio link to even establish this was said in the first place?

Don't you think Congis would be shouting their heads off if this had indeed been said?

This seems to be little more than stupidity of Twitter driven by 'creative' translation.

See man no need to get emotional; no one should have any doubt about modi's desh bhakti or his dedication to develop India.It is 100 times better to accept such truths instead of faking patriotism and eating the property of people like all other politicians in India.I haven't seen the video but I can confidently say that he had no ill intentions when he said those words.

its even reported by bbc. It has link to video, watch before it gets deleted.
Twitter backlash over PM Modi's 'insensitive remark' on migration - BBC News

The operative part is - I have seen the Hindi and the below is accurate as the article too states:

"People used to think that what sin they committed in the last life that they were born in India. [They thought] what kind of country is this, what kind of government and what kind of people it has. Some just decided to leave for other countries."

The context is this is how people in India bi*ch about things. Its anger, disappointment, frustration and a whole lot of emotions.

Where does that convey they were ashamed of India and all she has to offer?

The ashamed part is frankly shamelessly fabricated and propagated on Twitter. Obviously, most people who can't even be bothered to check the source will stupidly believe it.

AdarshLiberals are clearly orga*ming. :lol:

Last edited:
Not 'ashamed'. What he probably meant was, 'embarrassed'. But not anymore, seeing that India has finally arrived on the world stage. It's not just a third world country anymore.

I don't know why the Twitterati are making such a hue and cry out of a non issue. I think we're rather too touchy.

Not 'ashamed'. What he probably meant was, 'embarrassed'. But not anymore, seeing that India has finally arrived on the world stage. It's not just a third world country anymore.

I don't know why the Twitterati are making such a hue and cry out of a non issue. I think we're rather too touchy.
finally arrived? ha ha.You are being funny.
India's stake has increased many fold, first by Vajpayee govt then by UPA. (corruption/scams bla bla does not make such bad impression as we think, people kind of half expect that to happen in developing countries).
Nothing changed in last 1 year. Whatever was India's arrival,it has remain unchanged in 1 year. It has not got better or worse. 1 year timeframe for India is silly, its a big and complex country.

Ofcource we feel proud of 2G CWG vadraG all the corruption, shitty 60years of governance model of congress party.but NVM.......

here is the video:

What Modi said: "some cursed their past life for being borne in India". I see no wrong in it.

Modi is right. I was really ashamed of being Indian during the CWG fiasco. We were the laughing stock of the world. Those who are now saying patriotic things like ' we are never ashamed of being Indian' are lying, and mostly are Congressis

Twitter is funny and people way too emotional. :rolleyes1:

Now apparently some people have taken upon themselves to trend #ModiIndiasPride.

CFX0e_KVEAA_d3c.jpg

Poor AdarshLiberals. :lol:

Very wrong statements from the part of the PM ......:disagree:

You are so naive. do you expect people to bash india on your face?

go to any China forum if you can, see how Chinese laugh at your country and make fun of you people.

what makes you think that anybody gives a $hit to what Chinese thinks .... :crazy:

I was in China for 13 months...Most of them were really happy about India...(few people made their mind due to slumdog movie) but no were i had to put down my head for being Indian. I met so many country nationalists there, all were saying good things about India (Despite they watched slumdog)...they used to hear news about India being IT hub, India being fasted growing country etc etc....They used to say India is future...Yes all these were also in headlines when previous government was in power...so naturally those who had little knowledge acknowledged India position....

Ha..About the corruption..Many chinese used to say that they face corruption in real life...Like India...
You are so naive. do you expect people to bash india on your face?

go to China forum if you can, see how Chinese laugh at your country and make fun of you indians.
Very wrong statements from the part of the PM ......:disagree:

what makes you think that anybody gives a $hit to what Chinese thinks .... :crazy:
i hope you indians not. but fact is that you indians are pervertly obsessed with china everywhere, in your media or PM speach. or so called beijing-killer weapon. you represent the true spirit of indian with filthy mouth.

Back
Top Bottom