What's new

Twitter roasts Modi for saying people were ashamed to be born Indian till one year ago

An "oops moment" can happen to anyone.
By looking at the media attention these guys (the politicians) get these days, it is quite possible that one would
inadvertently burp out a statement, that one is not supposed to.
English is not his first language, may be he wasn't comfortable himself with what he has said.
There is always an explanation of some sort afterwards, if a politician and more importantly a head of the state delivers an argument that goes straight to the list of the most unpopular items among the masses of his/her country.

Stay tuned, i say.

Last edited:
Your Claim is as Bull shit as mine.

I have come across some that were ashamed of India due to some things, both in India and Abroard.
Lol. Anybody can blather anything sitting at one's home. Good fer ya, fella.

Then again you didnt see GST,push for Landbill,reforms in insurance and other sectors.
Fact is Modi dont have a magic wand .But did his maximum.People criticises his foreign visit.
Then how much investment offers we got from that trips .Even Chinese 22 billion $.
You need money for investment and reforms like Land bill for a so called manufacturing industry.GoI and India Inc cant manage such a mamooth amount even if they do herculean task.

For that you need FDI.
What reforms do you speak of? Was the budget present any different from those presented by UPA govts? What landmark reforms did this budget create? Nothing. NADA. Zilch!
"Modi's economy was sluggish and slothful, with all crucial economic indicators such as job accretion, core sector growth, merchandise exports and agricultural productivity languishing."
How Modi Let Down India In Just One Year

Again Bull Manure! Malarkey! Horse dropping! Lol at "have known many"
I am an NRI. Have been for the past decade! Meet a lot of people who are NRIs. Have never ever, repeat, never ever met any Indian who said or even implied that they were ashamed or embarrassed of being an Indian.

Like I said, you know nothing, saamntK!

The electoral success is definitely creeping into Modi's head. Unless he reigns in his right wing noise making coterie, and actually delivers on important issues (not merely extending the works of previous governments, which is actually the case here), he may as well limit himself to a single term. Just like Vajpayee before him.

Then again you didnt see GST,push for Landbill,reforms in insurance and other sectors.
Fact is Modi dont have a magic wand .But did his maximum.People criticises his foreign visit.
Then how much investment offers we got from that trips .Even Chinese 22 billion $.
You need money for investment and reforms like Land bill for a so called manufacturing industry.GoI and India Inc cant manage such a mamooth amount even if they do herculean task.

For that you need FDI.

I do agree. And one year is a comparatively short duration to judge a government's overall performance. However, it does give an indication where the govt is headed. FDI is a must for further development. However, that needs to be regulated and it shouldn't be at the cost of local manufacturers or industries. Its a fine balancing act, and the scales tip one way or the other every now and then depending on the markets of the season.
But, Modiji should concentrate on the work, rather than trying to play or allow extreme right-wingers to play to the neo-con gallery.
Muh band, kaam shuru.

Modi must learn to shut up. Verbal diarrhea & megalomania are never good partners. If such a line ever needed to be said, it certainly didn't need Mr.Modi to say it. Stupid!

when he was in Japan he said the following words to the crowd "YOU GUYS MIGHT FEEL THAT WHY WE HAVE BORN IN THIS COUNTRY WE MUST HAVE BORN SOMEWHERE ELSE INSTEAD OF INDIA. AND THEN HE STATES EVERY COUNTRY HAS NEGATIVES BUT A COUNTRY WILL GROW BY TAKING THE POSITIVES WE SHOULD GROW BY TAKING THE POSITIVES OF OUR COUNTRY"

Now my question is how different is the above statement different from what he has said today?. I fail to understand why this was made as a big issue now

I do agree. And one year is a comparatively short duration to judge a government's overall performance. However, it does give an indication where the govt is headed. FDI is a must for further development. However, that needs to be regulated and it shouldn't be at the cost of local manufacturers or industries. Its a fine balancing act, and the scales tip one way or the other every now and then depending on the markets of the season.
But, Modiji should concentrate on the work, rather than trying to play or allow extreme right-wingers to play to the neo-con gallery.
Muh band, kaam shuru.

Fact is we dont have a mature manufacturing base or skilled man power.By allowing FDI you can improve infras .Then foreign companies needed to invest their most modern tech in here.

We need competition.
Most of this will go to aero industry and infras .Both are totally F up in this nation and still in infant stage.

About other points .Those are parts and parcel of politics in India.Congress did their trick .Right wingers did their trick.

bull shyte!! No NRI is ever ashamed of being an Indian. No one. And I know.
Blinded by your hatred of anyone who doesnt subscribe to your neo-con views, elated by the recent victory of the right wing political party and confusing exercising of an option by the people for a mandate of political ideology, You know nothing, sarthak! You and your ilk.
Yeah and you in the US know better. :enjoy: Plus, I think most Indians hate the monarchists now. :)
Like I said, you know nothing, saamntK!
Hehe. Are you a bot? Shall I post a captcha?

What reforms do you speak of? Was the budget present any different from those presented by UPA govts? What landmark reforms did this budget create? Nothing. NADA. Zilch!
"Modi's economy was sluggish and slothful, with all crucial economic indicators such as job accretion, core sector growth, merchandise exports and agricultural productivity languishing."
How Modi Let Down India In Just One Year
You hit rock bottom. :D You posted an article by Sanjay Jha!!! :D :D :D
Like I said - pick a boot licker audience and then peddle your nonsense. :enjoy:

Yeah and you in the US know better. :enjoy: Plus, I think most Indians hate the monarchists now. :)
Who else would know? You? Sitting in ya folks' dark dingy basement?
Of course, dynastic politics should be done away with! RG is a joke! Doesnt mean that the alternative is THE silver bullet to cure India's woes!
Hehe. Are you a bot? Shall I post a captcha?
hehe....

you are absolutely right , his context was different from what these congi agents are trying to present , let me give you an example few months back one of my cousin came back from US to have a back office here in india , and i was travelling with him , there wouldn't pass a day when he wouldn't criticize the infrastructure & system in india and compare it to that in US , modi meets a lot of such NRI businessmen who use to feel ashamed at how slow and frustrating it was to do business in india.
It is a shameful thing. Nobody will accept it here but Indians fake accents, try to look fairer, look down upon the land etc etc. Anybody denying it is deliberately Rahulgandhying(speaking nonsense).

You hit rock bottom. :D You posted an article by Sanjay Jha!!! :D :D :D
Like I said - pick a boot licker audience and then peddle your nonsense. :enjoy:
What boot licker? Talk about the article. Its posted on a rightwing media website (HP is neo-con FYI). When right wingers, pro business media people start criticizing Modi, better take notice.

Who else would know? You, sitting in ya folks' basement?
Of course, dynastic politics should be done away with! RG is a joke! Doesnt mean that the alternative is THE silver bullet to cure India's woes!

hehe....
Another master personal attack. Typical from the Sanjay Jha franchisee. :D
Arnuuub, see...you have to ....blah blah. Pick a different audience. Pay the Huff Post(which states that it has signed up with the Times Group :enjoy:) to write more Jha's articles. He has little work anyway. He'll post crap and you will eat and vomit the same here. Then he may pick it up as evidence of changing views of Indians and post more crap - thereby creating a self sustaining cycle. :P

Not bad. ;)

What boot licker? Talk about the article. Its posted on a rightwing media website (HP is neo-con FYI). When right wingers, pro business media people start criticizing Modi, better take notice.
india.gif

:omghaha:

Try harder. Pay the Reuters. You folks looted a lot. Spend a little instead of being the misers you are.

No Rahul is no better

Ashamed to be an Indian, says Rahul Gandhi

I want priyanka
I want Sonia Gandhi. :agree:

Back
Top Bottom