What's new

Twitter roasts Modi for saying people were ashamed to be born Indian till one year ago

i hope you indians not. but fact is that you indians are obsessed with china everywhere, in your media or PM speach. or so called beijing-killer weapon. you represent the true spirit of indian with filthy mouth.

And you represent the true spirit of Chinese with bragging embedded in their genes .

Screenshot_2015-05-19-19-10-14.png

Twitter now trending #ModiIndiasPride .Earlier Congressis tried to trend but it backfired very badly on them.Now joke is on them.The trend has gone over 100k tweets :P

Last edited:
We want Rahul. We want Rahul. We want Rahul. @magudi

Stupid statement Modi ji.
Nope. Not at all. He was speaking to NRIs who ARE still often embarrassed or ashamed...

Secondly, this never trended on Twitter. Suit boot people are jumping the gun here...no surprises there. As for bashing PM on Twitter, many Indians and monarchy boot lickers do that as part of their JD. :)

Secular Indians ARE still ashamed to be Indian. TODAY. Very naughty of Modi to poke them there.

Not 'ashamed'. What he probably meant was, 'embarrassed'. But not anymore, seeing that India has finally arrived on the world stage. It's not just a third world country anymore.

I don't know why the Twitterati are making such a hue and cry out of a non issue. I think we're rather too touchy.
They have not made an issue other than trending him as India's pride. Hindustan Times reported it. Monarchists here just swept it up.

Cant blame him without a full knowledge about his entire speech.And it is wrong if he said that.
Again politician in the Modi did it for a purpose.One year is nothing .We know that .And within this one year he did commendable job.At least tried his maximum for reforms.

Manmohan was a much better leader, He talked about common destiny for Pakistan and India. This midget is just an Indian version of George Bush.

And one of the best thing he did in his one year rule is shown Pakistan their place .Something that MMS hesitated do.
Indians hate Pakistan after that 26/11.

We want Rahul. We want Rahul. We want Rahul. @magudi

Nope. Not at all. He was speaking to NRIs who ARE still often embarrassed or ashamed...

Secondly, this never trended on Twitter. Suit boot people are jumping the gun here...no surprises there. As for bashing PM on Twitter, many Indians and monarchy boot lickers do that as part of their JD. :)

Secular Indians ARE still ashamed to be Indian. TODAY. Very naughty of Modi to poke them there.

sThey have not made an issue other than trending him as India's pride. Hindustan Times reported it. Monarchists here just swept it up.

you are absolutely right , his context was different from what these congi agents are trying to present , let me give you an example few months back one of my cousin came back from US to have a back office here in india , and i was travelling with him , there wouldn't pass a day when he wouldn't criticize the infrastructure & system in india and compare it to that in US , modi meets a lot of such NRI businessmen who use to feel ashamed at how slow and frustrating it was to do business in india.

Bhakt thinks he did as a part of a shrewd scheme

I have travelled the world too, and I might be moving to a stint abroad for a short while. Forget the fact that till date I have never had to really face a problem because I'm Indian and 'feel ashamed', even if someone had a problem, he can screw himself. I take our country as it is, sometimes good, sometimes we screw up. You don't like it- FU, that's my attitude.
just one question sir

why has the so called "twittereti" has woken upto this almost a year after why were they sleeping till now why dint they raised this issue when modi said it :azn:

people on ground are impressed with china's growth much more than India. Even that has not generally translated to general goodwill/favourable attitude towards chinese as such. An idea/well published report that chinese tourists are rude can damage public perception much easily.
The IMF/WB report is hardly a footnote somewhere. You will really have bad time if you go by Indian media to judge public perception outside India. Its like figuring out how a ball looks by being inside a ball.

what is the perception of goras about India now.. am guessing it changed from fuc*ing pa*kis .. to... fu*king rapist pa*is ...
They have different reasons for that. As I said there are all sort of perceptions in peoples mind regarding India China or any other country. Matter of fact is which news ride the media in current time period that matters.

China economy is booming but the Chinese in America are in huge number into low wages jobs or unskilled jobs like restaurant, kiosk in a market etc. Huge chunk is indeed into high education but they are not able to create effect. Whereas most of Indians are into engineering and Medical. Indian ethnic people are highest paid community in America. So perception is little different.

We just need to educate more guys and try to eradicate negative news as much as we can. Thats how India will get its real identity in global arena.

You are so naive. do you expect people to bash india on your face?

go to any China forum if you can, see how Chinese laugh at your country and make fun of you people.
A chinese on Pakistani forum is not the right guy to represent common chinese. Temme why were all ur newspaper front page with Modi visit? Compare that to Pakistani delegation visit. :coffee:

And one of the best thing he did in his one year rule is shown Pakistan their place .Something that MMS hesitated do.
Indians hate Pakistan after that 26/11.
How did he show Pakistan anything at all? Wait and see what will happen to India.

How did he show Pakistan anything at all? Wait and see what will happen to India.

Remember about those 50000 mortar round celebration in your side of the border last year.And that was just a sample.

I could not even think that Modi would say this. He is blinded by power and lost his mind.

Not 'ashamed'. What he probably meant was, 'embarrassed'. But not anymore, seeing that India has finally arrived on the world stage. It's not just a third world country anymore.

I don't know why the Twitterati are making such a hue and cry out of a non issue. I think we're rather too touchy.

Why would I be embarrassed about being an Indian ? I traveled to many countries, even before Modi was the PM. I was always proud to say I am Indian. I don't need Modi for me to be proud of me being Indian. Today Modi...tommorow somebody else will be in the power. He doesn't have the right to say that thing.

He was speaking to NRIs who ARE still often embarrassed or ashamed...

bull shyte!! No NRI is ever ashamed of being an Indian. No one. And I know.
Blinded by your hatred of anyone who doesnt subscribe to your neo-con views, elated by the recent victory of the right wing political party and confusing exercising of an option by the people for a mandate of political ideology, You know nothing, sarthak! You and your ilk.

bull shyte!! No NRI is ever ashamed of being an Indian. No one. And I know.
Blinded by your hatred of anyone who doesnt subscribe to your neo-con views, elated by the recent victory of the right wing political party and confusing exercising of an option by the people for a mandate of political ideology, You know nothing, sarthak! You and your ilk.
It's bad that Modi said it but please, don't hide behind 'you know'.

Have known many.

Cant blame him without a full knowledge about his entire speech.And it is wrong if he said that.
Again politician in the Modi did it for a purpose.One year is nothing .We know that .And within this one year he did commendable job.At least tried his maximum for reforms.
What reforms do you speak of? Was the budget present any different from those presented by UPA govts? What landmark reforms did this budget create? Nothing. NADA. Zilch!
"Modi's economy was sluggish and slothful, with all crucial economic indicators such as job accretion, core sector growth, merchandise exports and agricultural productivity languishing."
How Modi Let Down India In Just One Year

It's bad that Modi said it but please, don't hide behind 'you know'.

Have known many.
Again Bull Manure! Malarkey! Horse dropping! Lol at "have known many"
I am an NRI. Have been for the past decade! Meet a lot of people who are NRIs. Have never ever, repeat, never ever met any Indian who said or even implied that they were ashamed or embarrassed of being an Indian.

Like I said, you know nothing, saamntK!

The electoral success is definitely creeping into Modi's head. Unless he reigns in his right wing noise making coterie, and actually delivers on important issues (not merely extending the works of previous governments, which is actually the case here), he may as well limit himself to a single term. Just like Vajpayee before him.

What reforms do you speak of? Was the budget present any different from those presented by UPA govts? What landmark reforms did this budget create? Nothing. NADA. Zilch!
"Modi's economy was sluggish and slothful, with all crucial economic indicators such as job accretion, core sector growth, merchandise exports and agricultural productivity languishing."
How Modi Let Down India In Just One Year

Again Bull Manure! Malarkey! Horse dropping! Lol at "have known many"
I am an NRI. Have been for the past decade! Meet a lot of people who are NRIs. Have never ever, repeat, never ever met any Indian who said or even implied that they were ashamed or embarrassed of being an Indian.

Like I said, you know nothing, sarthak!

The electoral success is definitely creeping into Modi's head. Unless he reigns in his right wing noise making coterie, and actually delivers on important issues (not merely extending the works of previous governments, which is actually the case here), he may as well limit himself to a single term. Just like Vajpayee before him.

Your Claim is as Bull shit as mine.

I have come across some that were ashamed of India due to some things, both in India and Abroard.

Back
Top Bottom