What's new

Twitter roasts Modi for saying people were ashamed to be born Indian till one year ago

Lool so you think we in the west suddenly respect you now more than 1year ago because of MODI? :rofl: Man don't be naive it, it will take decades(not 1 year. Lol) for the change india is implementing to be visible enough /make a big difference in the country's living standards /productivity /industrilasation etc and thereby change foreigner perception about India, and even Indians themselves. .

As I said earlier, politicians are all liars /hypocrites, thats what makes them politicians in the first place. As a politician you have to learn the act of deceiving people and making them believe in you BY ALL MEANS, saying things you know they want to hear and putting on a good pr. In this case perception always matters more than reality .. So stop having a blind love for a politician. I never trust any politician, always go deeper into what they say/do and make a proper neutral analysis on your own. so chill and let your Prime Minister carry on. :chilli:
Bottomline is, Now u see us better than before. And thats the truth.

See us absolutely in high regards? Not yet and the work is there to be done.

And I wud reject thinking of anti India people like u regarding us. Ur being part of a Pakistani forum adds to the same. :)

Today we are no more the snake charmers but Computer Engineers and that a good thing for level one change.

It's a stupid remark with no excuses. As @itachiii has already said, we might be ashamed of governments, does not mean we are ashamed of being Indian. Is Mr.Modi making the argument that Indians were ashamed when Atal Behari Vajpayee was the PM?

Regardless of your personal experience, it is more than a bit silly to suggest that all Indians feel proud only because Mr.Modi is in power. One year is nothing in the time span of this country, Mr. Modi has barely scratched the surface. I can understand if some sycophant were to deliver such a line but to deliver it himself is absolutely tasteless and jarring. Mr. Modi speaks & tweets too much (he was guilty of unnecessarily embarrassing the Nepali PM by putting it out on twitter that the Nepali PM had heard about the earthquake from him. Crass even if true).
It was never addressed to Indians in India. Dont take it otherwise. Come outside India and ask Indians how muh image of a country matter if u r not known personally by someone. Period. Dont take it out of context for RIs.

Ha Ha. Welcome dude outside India. Beinga tourist and on short stint doesnt get u the reality. Once u become part of their lives, then they start judging u. See, I dont agree to their attitude but its how things are. U either prove urself worthy of their hospitality or bring a positive image of ur country.

And I am OK with it. We Indians too arent too different from these people who treat those who look different from us similarly inside our country and our states. :)

I have not been a 'tourist', I have had extensive stints outside India though never relocated for more than one year. Most people don't realize that when I suddenly go 'silent' on the forum, I'm usually working in the US. (I don't try accessing defence.pk coz I really don't know how they look at this, thought I think it should be OK). The endline is- I have never found a situation where India has been a problem story. During UPA 2 also the image was quite positive. Political turmoil and corruption are not unique to India and the idea that we should be 'apologectic' is really ridiculous.

Then do that in India. Yaha saale jeena haram kar de agar desh ka naam internationally positive na ho. As I said, big talks are good sitting in India.

Thats coz of that rape documentary. Just imagine if IMF and World bank had not made India lone bright spot in economic world. What wud have happened? U cant ignore the rape issues we have and dont expect western world to not take a jibe at that. I wud rather improve my strengths and positives and make more headlines in here for those achievements.
nobody gives a fcuk about what IMF/WB thinks, thats not how public perception works at ground level. I think because you read a lot good stuff in India media and even occasional foreign media, you think thats the perception in west.
About rapes, the downfall was right after delhi rape, recent documentary made it worse.

But Congi stooge,he is at least not selling his motherland unlike your Congi masters!!Well he may have made a mistake by saying this but he isn't corrupt to the core like your MMS who was not only a corrupt man but also a shameless stooge of the fake Gandhi family:coffee:!!

As if i have to blive this moron is clean...by the way...vajpayee was no different. U may be 8 year old kid when vajpayee ruled...It was during NDA time scam was every day news! people used to say..never so many scams happned! That too when CAG was never heard! RTI was not invented!

Bhakts were happy when he gave political speech abroad..saying "scam india', he should have stopped that time itself...but he was encouraged...This is the result

I have not been a 'tourist', I have had extensive stints outside India though never relocated for more than one year. Most people don't realize that when I suddenly go 'silent' on the forum, I'm usually working in the US. (I don't try accessing defence.pk coz I really don't know how they look at this, thought I think it should be OK). The endline is- I have never found a situation where India has been a problem story. During UPA 2 also the image was quite positive. Political turmoil and corruption are not unique to India and the idea that we should be 'apologectic' is really ridiculous.
See. I understand what u are talking. But if u are part of the society and ur proffesional growth depends on ur ethnicity then all these things matter.

nobody gives a fcuk about what IMF/WB thinks, thats not how public perception works at ground level. I think because you read a lot good stuff in India media and even occasional foreign media, you think thats the perception in west.
About rapes, the downfall was right after delhi rape, recent documentary made it worse.
So u mean rape is the main impression and growing economy not? Now again, thats personal experience.

So a sitting Prime Minister suggests Indians of being ashamed at being born an Indian till a year ago.

What a dope thing to say for a Prime Minister, that's the real shame.

See. I understand what u are talking. But if u are part of the society and ur proffesional growth depends on ur ethnicity then all these things matter.

If you are in a truly professional organization, it really does not matter. You know the greater pride is that so many from the Bangalore 'gang' have refused to move to the abroad over the last 4 years. The idea that people here don't 'automatically' move for plum positions there itself is a testament to what our image is. In any case image should not be our concern- work hard and contribute, everything else is secondary.

But Congi stooge,he is at least not selling his motherland unlike your Congi masters!!Well he may have made a mistake by saying this but he isn't corrupt to the core like your MMS who was not only a corrupt man but also a shameless stooge of the fake Gandhi family:coffee:!!

Mo
Bhakt thinks Kejriwal makes these statements.

Bhakth Prahlad is Ashamed of himself seing these Bhakts!

Manmohan was a much better leader, He talked about common destiny for Pakistan and India. This midget is just an Indian version of George Bush.

So u mean rape is the main impression and growing economy not? Now again, thats personal experience.
people on ground are impressed with china's growth much more than India. Even that has not generally translated to general goodwill/favourable attitude towards chinese as such. An idea/well published report that chinese tourists are rude can damage public perception much easily.
The IMF/WB report is hardly a footnote somewhere. You will really have bad time if you go by Indian media to judge public perception outside India. Its like figuring out how a ball looks by being inside a ball.

Lool so you think we in the west suddenly respect you now more than 1year ago because of MODI? :rofl: Man don't be naive it, it will take decades(not 1 year. Lol) for the change india is implementing to be visible enough /make a big difference in the country's living standards /productivity /industrilasation etc and thereby change foreigner perception about India, and even Indians themselves. .

As I said earlier, politicians are all liars /hypocrites, thats what makes them politicians in the first place. As a politician you have to learn the act of deceiving people and making them believe in you BY ALL MEANS, saying things you know they want to hear and putting on a good pr. In this case perception always matters more than reality .. So stop having a blind love for a politician. I never trust any politician, always go deeper into what they say/do and make a proper neutral analysis on your own. so chill and let your Prime Minister carry on. :chilli:
what is the perception of goras about India now.. am guessing it changed from fuc*ing pa*kis .. to... fu*king rapist pa*is ...

I was in China for 13 months...Most of them were really happy about India...(few people made their mind due to slumdog movie) but no were i had to put down my head for being Indian. I met so many country nationalists there, all were saying good things about India (Despite they watched slumdog)...they used to hear news about India being IT hub, India being fasted growing country etc etc....They used to say India is future...Yes all these were also in headlines when previous government was in power...so naturally those who had little knowledge acknowledged India position....

Ha..About the corruption..Many chinese used to say that they face corruption in real life...Like India...

It's a stupid remark with no excuses. As @itachiii has already said, we might be ashamed of governments, does not mean we are ashamed of being Indian. Is Mr.Modi making the argument that Indians were ashamed when Atal Behari Vajpayee was the PM?

Regardless of your personal experience, it is more than a bit silly to suggest that all Indians feel proud only because Mr.Modi is in power. One year is nothing in the time span of this country, Mr. Modi has barely scratched the surface. I can understand if some sycophant were to deliver such a line but to deliver it himself is absolutely tasteless and jarring. Mr. Modi speaks & tweets too much (he was guilty of unnecessarily embarrassing the Nepali PM by putting it out on twitter that the Nepali PM had heard about the earthquake from him. Crass even if true).

I also felt it was so childish to talk like that about Nepal PM...How would have Nepali PM felt when he was facing difficult time?

I was in China for 13 months...Most of them were really happy about India...(few people made their mind due to slumdog movie) but no were i had to put down my head for being Indian. I met so many country nationalists there, all were saying good things about India (Despite they watched slumdog)...they used to hear news about India being IT hub, India being fasted growing country etc etc....They used to say India is future...Yes all these were also in headlines when previous government was in power...so naturally those who had little knowledge acknowledged India position....

Ha..About the corruption..Many chinese used to say that they face corruption in real life...Like India...
You are so naive. do you expect people to bash india on your face?

go to any China forum if you can, see how Chinese laugh at your country and make fun of you people.

I also felt it was so childish to talk like that about Nepal PM...How would have Nepali PM felt when he was facing difficult time?

Ecactly. In any case I think sanitizing the image is taking it too far. Just be yourself, India is just fine.

Back
Top Bottom