What's new

Twitter roasts Modi for saying people were ashamed to be born Indian till one year ago

Until British took over India, Indians are never felt inferior, it is the imposing of the colonial thinking that made India feel inferior.

Anyway still a lot of gap to be called a developed country. May be working in that direction ignoring these comments and feeling is a right way.

Yes blame everything on us. Without us your country wouldn't even be as big /united with a parliamentary democracy and modern political system model on ours, also the English language you speak also helps give a sense of unity to Indians etc. You people are always quick to judge /look at just the bad things we did while intentionally ignoring the many good deeds we accomplished during our rule. I understand though, since acknowledging the good things we did will make you feel kind of embarrassed /weak, that shouldn't be the case.

Self praise is no recommendation Mr. Modi. Don't let down your country and people.

well when ever your enemies do that to you means you are going on the right track keep it on Modi ji let the jealous dogs bark
you must be intoxicated your enemy is not doing anything it is a twitter trend running by indians ... unless you consider indians now to be your enemy as well ??? Fool

Not really, India was (and is) considered a 'developing country' with its problems. I will stand by a filthy and poor India and feel proud of that too---this is my motherland and prestige has nothing to do with it. I don't need it to be rich or prosperous to feel proud of it. These are my people. I would like them to be better off, but that doesn't mean I won't like our country just because they're not.

This is a purely political attack of the basest kind. There is nothing to defend it.
Then do that in India. Yaha saale jeena haram kar de agar desh ka naam internationally positive na ho. As I said, big talks are good sitting in India.

you cant be more wrong... there is little change in public perception of Indians in west... and might have gone worse due to recent crimes against women...
there is no change in last 1 year.
In USA Indians might have earned some respect, but that has gone down tiny bit. Rest of world has all sorts of idaes about us, good and bad.
Thats coz of that rape documentary. Just imagine if IMF and World bank had not made India lone bright spot in economic world. What wud have happened? U cant ignore the rape issues we have and dont expect western world to not take a jibe at that. I wud rather improve my strengths and positives and make more headlines in here for those achievements.

So here's the link.. obviously its in Hindi. Apparently, the controversial bit is at 23:16

The context of the entire speech is how we as Indians need to proudly assert ourselves. At 23:16, he mimicks often used negative speech about India and its future and contrasts how its changed.

That's his style. AAPtards and Congis with obviously a great intersection with AdarshLiberals are trending without a basic understanding of what the context and even what the words are. Silly fools as always.

Anyway, lets see what Pappu the darling of AdarshLiberals had to say a few years back;

CFXWeqtVAAAjTrU.jpg

CFXWe-ZUEAAWL4I.jpg

Then do that in India. Yaha saale jeena haram kar de agar desh ka naam internationally positive na ho. As I said, big talks are good sitting in India.

Thats coz of that rape documentary. Just imagine if IMF and World bank had not made India lone bright spot in economic world. What wud have happened? U cant ignore the rape issues we have and dont expect western world to not take a jibe at that. I wud rather improve my strengths and positives and make more headlines in here for those achievements.

I have no idea what your point is. But the point that it is wrong to say these things, especially when you are abroad cannot be disputed. And as for 'reputation', you don't question or judge the country. What other people think, at the end of the day strive for the country no matter what its imperfections.

I have no idea what your point is. But the point that it is wrong to say these things, especially when you are abroad cannot be disputed. And as for 'reputation', you don't question or judge the country. What other people think, at the end of the day strive for the country no matter what its imperfections.
But thats how the life here is. U are judged here by your country if u are a stranger. I wud rather want and feel bout good name of my country rather than simply being proud.

See we will always be proud of our country, what harm in expecting my country to have a positive image?

you must be intoxicated your enemy is not doing anything it is a twitter trend running by indians ... unless you consider indians now to be your enemy as well ??? Fool
well not all indians are Modi Bhakts like me there are a lot of congressies ,there NGOs and aapians and communists who hate modi more than they love india and most of them are so called "secular-libreal intellectuals" whoes main sources of haram ki kamai have dried up ever since Modi Ji came to power they are theo nes who are making fun of modi ji

Yes blame everything on us. Without us your country wouldn't even be as big /united with a parliamentary democracy and modern political system model on ours, also the English language you speak also helps give a sense of unity to Indians etc. You people are always quick to judge /look at just the bad things we did while intentionally ignoring the many good deeds we accomplished during our rule. I understand though, since acknowledging the good things we did will make you feel kind of embarrassed /weak, that shouldn't be the case.

There is a reason why British rule is called Colonial rule !

HAHAHAHA,

this is just hilarious. Watching Indians react, i mean.

He is a very shrewd politician. He might have said that intentionally to create controversy.

Bhakt thinks he did as a part of a shrewd scheme

But thats how the life here is. U are judged here by your country if u are a stranger. I wud rather want and feel bout good name of my country rather than simply being proud.

See we will always be proud of our country, what harm in expecting my country to have a positive image?

I have travelled the world too, and I might be moving to a stint abroad for a short while. Forget the fact that till date I have never had to really face a problem because I'm Indian and 'feel ashamed', even if someone had a problem, he can screw himself. I take our country as it is, sometimes good, sometimes we screw up. You don't like it- FU, that's my attitude.

Bhakt thinks he did as a part of a shrewd scheme

I have travelled the world too, and I might be moving to a stint abroad for a short while. Forget the fact that till date I have never had to really face a problem because I'm Indian and 'feel ashamed', even if someone had a problem, he can screw himself. I take our country as it is, sometimes good, sometimes we screw up. You don't like it- FU, that's my attitude.
Ha Ha. Welcome dude outside India. Beinga tourist and on short stint doesnt get u the reality. Once u become part of their lives, then they start judging u. See, I dont agree to their attitude but its how things are. U either prove urself worthy of their hospitality or bring a positive image of ur country.

And I am OK with it. We Indians too arent too different from these people who treat those who look different from us similarly inside our country and our states. :)

And where is he wrong?

In western world people respect u for your country. Indians are respected abroad for their education and qualification and the situation of their country.

A year before, developed world opportunits and myopic people knew India was casteism, poverty, rape, a lost cause, a lost opportunity, etc etc. Personal Experience.

Today people know us as the fastest growing big economy. A leader who is audible and visible for the sake of his countrymen. A strong foreign policy. In simple words, countries have started to talk bout India and in some good positive manner.

And a disclaimer that, I feel Modi was saying on behalf of NRIs who represent India outside subcontinent. And it was mostly true.

If its taken in general for the 1.25 billion in India, then that statement is obviously wrong.

Lool so you think we in the west suddenly respect you now more than 1year ago because of MODI? :rofl: Man don't be naive it, it will take decades(not 1 year. Lol) for the change india is implementing to be visible enough /make a big difference in the country's living standards /productivity /industrilasation etc and thereby change foreigner perception about India, and even Indians themselves. .

As I said earlier, politicians are all liars /hypocrites, thats what makes them politicians in the first place. As a politician you have to learn the act of deceiving people and making them believe in you BY ALL MEANS, saying things you know they want to hear and putting on a good pr. In this case perception always matters more than reality .. So stop having a blind love for a politician. I never trust any politician, always go deeper into what they say/do and make a proper neutral analysis on your own. so chill and let your Prime Minister carry on. :chilli:

Back
Top Bottom